PDA

View Full Version : Captain Canuck Mark Teahen Fan Club

LuzinskiFan
04-13-2010, 12:21 AM
I was at the game tonight and was impressed with Mark Teahen's performance in his home country. As a result I am naming him "Captain Canuck." Let's just hope he can hit like this at the Cell.

GoGoCrede
04-13-2010, 12:22 AM
How did the crowd sound after that loss? Good for you for braving it out! Bunch of geniuses kept booing Rios. It's as though AJ rubbed off on him.

twinsuck
04-13-2010, 12:28 AM
I thought Mark Teahen lived in the US, his dad was just Canadian or something like that. It's not really his home country if he never lived there.

Ranger
04-13-2010, 12:37 AM
I thought Mark Teahen lived in the US, his dad was just Canadian or something like that. It's not really his home country if he never lived there.

Dual citizenship.

Noneck
04-13-2010, 12:42 AM
I was at the game tonight and was impressed with Mark Teahen's performance in his home country. As a result I am naming him "Captain Canuck." Let's just hope he can hit like this at the Cell.

And you know if that nick sticks and then he slumps , it will be Captain Canucklehead.

WhiteSoxFTW
04-13-2010, 12:44 AM
If one parent is a natural-born Canadian citizen, then you can apply for dual citizenship in Canada.

twinsuck
04-13-2010, 12:46 AM
If one parent is a natural-born Canadian citizen, then you can apply for dual citizenship in Canada.
Yeah I know that, but I still wouldn't call it his "home country" just because he has citizenship there. He's from the US, that's his home country.

Thatguyoverthere
04-13-2010, 12:52 AM
If Teahen keeps up his > .900 OPS, count me in! :cool:

JermaineDye05
04-13-2010, 01:35 AM
You can call him Captain Canuck. I for one will be referring to him as Mark "The Shark" Teahen. No reasoning behind it, shark was just the first rhyme that came to my mind.

Whitesox029
04-13-2010, 02:13 AM
You can call him Captain Canuck. I for one will be referring to him as Mark "The Shark" Teahen. No reasoning behind it, shark was just the first rhyme that came to my mind.
I'm seeing a theme here. Any nicknames for Teahen that don't reflect potential later-round playoff opponents for the Blackhawks?

LuzinskiFan
04-13-2010, 07:14 AM
How did the crowd sound after that loss? Good for you for braving it out! Bunch of geniuses kept booing Rios. It's as though AJ rubbed off on him.

Crowd was slient. Was one of the only people in the stadium wearing a Sox jersey (my Beckham jersey), took some abuse, but stood up for my Sox.

Rohan
04-13-2010, 08:32 AM
I will call him Teahen... Because that name is more ridiculous than anything we could come up with.

TheOldRoman
04-13-2010, 09:52 AM
I will call him Teahen... Because that name is more ridiculous than anything we could come up with.I always called him Teacock.

tick53
04-13-2010, 10:01 AM
I nicknamed him Teabagger last night but Captain Canuck is cool. :cool:

(Get it, Mark TEAhen touched the bags last night?)

mzh
04-13-2010, 11:30 AM
I noticed that too. I've been to a few sox games up in Minneapolis, and they absolutely hate AJ. Is there anything in particular that either of them did to piss off their former fans (other than Rios dogging it a bit)/.

PatK
04-13-2010, 12:06 PM
I noticed that too. I've been to a few sox games up in Minneapolis, and they absolutely hate AJ. Is there anything in particular that either of them did to piss off their former fans (other than Rios dogging it a bit)/.

Rios blew off a kid and swore repeatedly at an adult that were asking for autographs. It's on YouTube and the like.

Allegedly, the kid was sent over to ask for the autograph by the guy, who is known to be one of those autograph seekers that then sells them on Ebay and what not.

At least, that's how Rios and his agent describe what happened.

goon
04-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Teahen Crumpets is one that's been floating around for a while.

hi im skot
04-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Rios blew off a kid and swore repeatedly at an adult that were asking for autographs. It's on YouTube and the like.

Allegedly, the kid was sent over to ask for the autograph by the guy, who is known to be one of those autograph seekers that then sells them on Ebay and what not.

That dude was a complete jagoff. He's lucky Rios didn't kick his ass.

GoGoCrede
04-13-2010, 01:12 PM

If anyone should hate AJ, it's Giants fans. Twins fans should worship him, since they got Nathan, among others, in the deal. Some people are just ungrateful or have short memories.

4 points
04-14-2010, 06:31 AM

Rios needed his agent to come up with the " autograph seeking, E-bay selling' story, c`mon man.:scratch::scratch:

tick53
04-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Teahen Crumpets is one that's been floating around for a while.

When he doubles we can say "Tea for two".

Thank you. I'm here all week.