PDA

View Full Version : Target Field Opening Day

doublem23
04-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Twins/Red Sox just getting underway on ESPN, and it is Game #1 for Target Field.

First song I heard them play? Some **** by the Black Eyed Peas. :puking: As if I couldn't dislike them any more.

GoGoCrede
04-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Gross. Remember last season when they were having some uber-long ceremony for a former player, and it cut into the game time? Something like a two-hour long ceremony.

I am very eager to see how we play in Target Field.

And to be fair, we play BEP a lot, too.

DSpivack
04-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Gross. Remember last season when they were having some uber-long ceremony for a former player, and it cut into the game time? Something like a two-hour long ceremony.

I am very eager to see how we play in Target Field.

And to be fair, we play BEP a lot, too.

I remember a day when they were among my favorite groups, that was in the days before Fergie, though.

I don't know if I'm more excited to see Target Field or just the Twins playing a home game in something that isn't the Baggie Dome.

DSpivack
04-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Ugh, I hate having to root for the Red Sox.

Jerko
04-12-2010, 04:38 PM
2-0 Twins already.

SoxGirl4Life
04-12-2010, 04:39 PM
****ing twins..

DirtySox
04-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Gotta say, the Twins lineup is pretty sexy.

doublem23
04-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Bud Selig talking about expanding the play-offs.

nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

GoGoCrede
04-12-2010, 05:04 PM

nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Ugh, how?

doublem23
04-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Ugh, how?

I didn't hear any real specific plans (admittedly, I'm not really paying attention to the game), but I just heard him mention it's something on his radar.

soltrain21
04-12-2010, 05:31 PM
I hope they do it like hockey and basketball and let half the league in!

Expanding the playoffs is a terrible idea. Worse than any other idea he has had.

SoxGirl4Life
04-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I hope they do it like hockey and basketball and let half the league in!

Expanding the playoffs is a terrible idea. Worse than any other idea he has had.

I was just commenting to someone that the NHL and NBA playoffs are two months long. It'll be June before they play the championship game.

Corlose 15
04-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I was just watching the Twins feed on mlb.tv a bit ago just to see the park and the Twins announcers were talking about the Metrodome advantage. They were saying that the Twins had more issues with the roof than any other team and that they got no more advantage from it than any other team gets from their home stadium.:rolleyes:

badgerboy1848
04-12-2010, 06:42 PM
I was just watching the Twins feed on mlb.tv a bit ago just to see the park and the Twins announcers were talking about the Metrodome advantage. They were saying that the Twins had more issues with the roof than any other team and that they got no more advantage from it than any other team gets from their home stadium.:rolleyes:

Ya and crowd noise was pumped into the dome for both the Vikings and the visitor too.

Lip Man 1
04-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Nice looking park but the thing I noticed from the picture as well as still photos on ESPN.com was the number of empty seats in the upper deck.

Lip

Bucky F. Dent
04-12-2010, 07:09 PM
God awful Team, nice stadium

BleacherBandit
04-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Anybody else think that the outfield looks HUGE?

chisoxfanatic
04-12-2010, 08:50 PM
I was just commenting to someone that the NHL and NBA playoffs are two months long. It'll be June before they play the championship game.
I love the fact that the NHL season's so long (the longest in sports), making the offseason the shortest! :smile:

The only way expanding the MLB playoffs would work would be to shorten the season. There's no way they can extend the playoffs too much into November!

SI1020
04-12-2010, 09:24 PM

nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! The World Series Thanksgiving weekend?

Frankfan4life
04-12-2010, 10:07 PM
I liked the idea of having a heater/fireplace on the concourse. It would have been a popular place last Thursday.

Twins_Morneau
04-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Wearing the old Unis from back in the Mets Stadium was a nice touch, finally people can't cry about our damn dome. And always a bonus seeing the RoidSux loooossee.

dickallen15
04-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Nice looking park but the thing I noticed from the picture as well as still photos on ESPN.com was the number of empty seats in the upper deck.

Lip
The Twins are sold out for the entire season.

DumpJerry
04-12-2010, 10:25 PM
The Twins are sold out for the entire season.
Not true. Games never truly sell out before the day of the game because of holdbacks and player turn-ins. They have sold only 2.6 million tickets. That is not a sold out season. If it was, they would be broke.

dickallen15
04-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Not true. Games never truly sell out before the day of the game because of holdbacks and player turn-ins. They have sold only 2.6 million tickets. That is not a sold out season. If it was, they would be broke.
Bud's a liar then. He said they were sold out.

DumpJerry
04-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Never listen to Bud. He does not want Milwaukee people driving to Mpls and thereby depriving the Brew Crew of ticket sales.

Lip Man 1
04-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Dick:

You said it yourself. Proud To Be Your Bud's a liar and it won't be the last time with him. (Nor was it his first..."20 teams lost money last year..." Bud - 1994. The independent Stanford economist who looked at MLB's books said otherwise :rolleyes:)

Lip

doublem23
04-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Perhaps they've sold out every ticket they've made available, although, I did just run through Ticketmaster and found Lower Bowl tickets to Wednesday's game with Boston, so who knows?

I assume Bud Selig himself is not auditing the Twins' ticket records, so I'm guessing someone from their organization is fluffing their chest/full of ****.

ewokpelts
04-12-2010, 11:50 PM
they may be referring to season ticket sales.

PhillipsBubba
04-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Congrats to the Twins on their new playpen and for going back to the traditional home team flannels.

I wish the sox would make a similar uni change...

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/files/cache/1962-nellie-fox-chicago-white-sox-game-used-home-flannel-jersey_2e38f077a97b7a6eb43203ad2f320d2a.jpg

doublem23
04-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Congrats to the Twins on their new playpen and for going back to the traditional home team flannels.

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/files/cache/1962-nellie-fox-chicago-white-sox-game-used-home-flannel-jersey_2e38f077a97b7a6eb43203ad2f320d2a.jpg

They did... in 1991.

Thankfully, they made the right move and replaced the stupid red shadowing with more appropriate silver. But you realize the current uniforms are direct throwbacks to the 50's version, right?

SephClone89
04-13-2010, 12:23 AM

Those were just alts, not their new home unis.

They did... in 1991.

Thankfully, they made the right move and replaced the stupid red shadowing with more appropriate silver. But you realize the current uniforms are direct throwbacks to the 50's version, right?

The **** are you on about? I only ever see the Sox wearing black. How is that a throwback?

pipdipchip
04-13-2010, 12:48 AM

50 games are officially "sold out" and the remaining have most of the tickets sold. The Twins sold all 24,500 season tickets they had and capped it at that. I don't think the term "sold out" actually means what it means. I think a percentage like 90% or 95% of all tickets available sold is considered a sellout. For the record, the ballpark was at fully capacity today at around 39,500.

ewokpelts
04-13-2010, 01:10 AM

it's an alternate jersey.

Nellie_Fox
04-13-2010, 01:19 AM
They did... in 1991.

Thankfully, they made the right move and replaced the stupid red shadowing with more appropriate silver. But you realize the current uniforms are direct throwbacks to the 50's version, right?No, they're not. They combine elements of the 50's uniform with elements of the early 70's red uniforms (the number on the right front of the jersey instead of the sleeve come from the early 70's uniform) while eliminating any red. Also, the 50's home uniforms were cream colored (much like the current Giants home uniform) while the current pinstripes are bright white.

TheOldRoman
04-13-2010, 09:50 AM
No, they're not. They combine elements of the 50's uniform with elements of the early 70's red uniforms (the number on the right front of the jersey instead of the sleeve come from the early 70's uniform) while eliminating any red. Also, the 50's home uniforms were cream colored (much like the current Giants home uniform) while the current pinstripes are bright white.True. The cream colored flannels look nice, but it looks a little too gimmicky on current jerseys. If teams are so in love with the flannel look, I would like to see one try to mimic the look of the road flannels. I love the look of old gray flannel jerseys.

DumpJerry
04-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Bud is so busted. My friend just now walked up to the Target Box Office and asked for 16 tickets to the July 16th White Sox game. They sold him 16 tickets.:D:

C-Dawg
04-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Bud is so busted. My friend just now walked up to the Target Box Office and asked for 16 tickets to the July 16th White Sox game. They sold him 16 tickets.

And they're available online. I spent ten minutes clicking on various games throughout the season and all had tickets available, including this weekend against KC. I should see if the Brewer series is sold out!