PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Hoffman's Milwaukee Meltdowns

Viva Medias B's
04-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Friday night, Trevor Hoffman had the Cardinals down to their final strike and game up a home run that won the game for St. Louis. Just now, the Crew was up 7-4 on the Redbirds with 2 out in the 9th inning, and Hoffman gave up a 2-run home run to Albert Pujols and then a solo shot to Matt Holiday to tie the game at 7.

EDIT: The Crew just won on a walk off HR.

SephClone89
04-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Hoffman's on my fantasy team. :tongue:

y2j2785
04-11-2010, 10:24 PM

Mine too, but I'll take a win over a save :D:

WhiteSox5187
04-11-2010, 11:30 PM
I thought he was at the end of the line in '07 after Colorado won that playoff game against him. He had a fairly good year last year which surprised me, but I think he's certainly at the end of hte line now.

FloridaTigers
04-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Remember when people talked about Hoffman as the "greatest closer ever"? Yeah, lol.

TommyJohn
04-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Remember when people talked about Hoffman as the "greatest closer ever"? Yeah, lol.So because he is not the closer he once was, that makes the idea of his possibly being "the greatest ever" a big joke?

TheOldRoman
04-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Does Hoffman look like he put on 40 pounds, or does that only happen to Bobby when he struggles?

Vestigio
04-12-2010, 01:22 PM

Mine too, but I'll take a win over a save :D:

Mine as well. But the thing is he cost my team a tie for the week. My opponent had wins over me and I had ERA over him, but we were even for saves. When he blew his second save last night, my ERA was now higher than my opponents, plus it caused Fielder (who I also have) to have another AB. Since he struck out, my team OPS went down a few points and I ended up tying my opponent in OPS as well. Instead of a 6-6 tie, I lost 3-6:angry:

SephClone89
04-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Mine as well. But the thing is he cost my team a tie for the week. My opponent had wins over me and I had ERA over him, but we were even for saves. When he blew his second save last night, my ERA was now higher than my opponents, plus it caused Fielder (who I also have) to have another AB. Since he struck out, my team OPS went down a few points and I ended up tying my opponent in OPS as well. Instead of a 6-6 tie, I lost 3-6:angry:

Well, that's what you get for doing H2H. Roto ftw.

ComiskeyBrewer
04-14-2010, 12:44 AM
Remember when people talked about Hoffman as the "greatest closer ever"? Yeah, lol.

So 2 blown saves(one on a shoelace HR) means the past 10 years or so never happened?

tsoxman
04-16-2010, 05:13 AM
Friday night, Trevor Hoffman had the Cardinals down to their final strike and game up a home run that won the game for St. Louis. Just now, the Crew was up 7-4 on the Redbirds with 2 out in the 9th inning, and Hoffman gave up a 2-run home run to Albert Pujols and then a solo shot to Matt Holiday to tie the game at 7.

EDIT: The Crew just won on a walk off HR.

It always seems as though the Brewers as a team shoot themselves in the foot.