PDA

View Full Version : Why I still think this is a good team

tony1972
04-11-2010, 10:00 PM
One thing when you look at the record of the White Sox at 2 - 4..you think this is not a very good team. However, keep in mind that this team could easily be 5 - 1 or 4 - 2. All losses were close.

Why I remain optimistic

** Great Starting Pitching
** Above average bullpen
** Losses were close and could have went the other way
** I truly believe the offense will pick up. When a team gets a revamped line up like the Sox have..it takes some time for the offense to get into a groove. Ozzie wont tolerate players that strikeout constantly or GIDP. However, it will take some time before he can determine the best line up to send out there.

With our starting rotation..the sox have a great chance to win every game they play. Remember in 2006 the Sox also started 1 - 4 and ended up winning 90 games. A lot of teams that have winning seasons..can start this way.

The pitching is just too D-- good for this team not to go on a tear. With the rotation...a few long win streaks are not just a possibility...but very likey.

The talk the past day or so has been ridiculous when the season is NOT EVEN ONE WEEK OLD.

Rdy2PlayBall
04-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Good points... but 6 games + 1 off day is right around... 7 days. Considering this day is basically over because the game was played, it has been one week. So your last sentence is a complete and utter lie. :angry:

The offense is hitting right below .200... which IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! If our offense hit a measly .240 during this stretch we probably would be right around 4-2 and 5-1.
This too, will pass. :rainbow:

DSpivack
04-11-2010, 10:06 PM
That's the beauty of baseball. You can look at the offense and think the team is doomed. You can look at the starting pitching and think the team are favorites for the AL Central. But this team has played just six games, no one, no matter how pessimistic or optimistic, knows the outcome of the other 156.

tony1972
04-11-2010, 10:14 PM
That's the beauty of baseball. You can look at the offense and think the team is doomed. You can look at the starting pitching and think the team are favorites for the AL Central. But this team has played just six games, no one, no matter how pessimistic or optimistic, knows the outcome of the other 156.

and look at teams such as the 2002 Indians that started 13 and 1..and ended under .500? :scratch: you really cant make a prediction on April 11th...

CLUBHOUSE KID
04-11-2010, 10:16 PM
One thing when you look at the record of the White Sox at 2 - 4..you think this is not a very good team. However, keep in mind that this team could easily be 5 - 1 or 4 - 2. All losses were close.

Why I remain optimistic

** Above average bullpen
** I truly believe the offense will pick up. When a team gets a revamped line up like the Sox have..it takes some time for the offense to get into a groove. Ozzie wont tolerate players that strikeout constantly or GIDP. However, it will take some time before he can determine the best line up to send out there.

With our starting rotation..the sox have a great chance to win every game they play. Remember in 2006 the Sox also started 1 - 4 and ended up winning 90 games. A lot of teams that have winning seasons..can start this way.

The pitching is just too D-- good for this team not to go on a tear. With the rotation...a few long win streaks are not just a possibility...but very likey.

The talk the past day or so has been ridiculous when the season is NOT EVEN ONE WEEK OLD.

Great point about bad start can = good team (2006 Sox, 2009 Yankees)

Hitmen77
04-12-2010, 09:58 PM

Why I remain optimistic

** Above average bullpen

On the other hand, the way the Sox have played so far is very telling of this team's flaws. Losses were "close and could have went the other way"? That's exactly the problem, this team lacks punch to put us over the top.

With the good pitching and weak hitting, it's just built for 1 run losses. The way this team has lost this week is exactly what this team is built for. While the Twins have a lineup some serious offensive threats, we think Mark Kotsay is good enough to be our #5 hitter and DH.

Ozzie wont tolerate players that strikeout constantly or GIDP.

come on, people have been saying this for 4 years now and it isn't reality. It's about as real as the idea that the Sox will catch fire once KW flips over some tables.