PDA

View Full Version : letters/names on jerseys

soxlady8
04-10-2010, 05:50 PM
I have an old Swisher jersey ...is there a stiching place in the Chicago area that would be able to take the letter and name off and replace it ?

I also have a white/black pinstripe jersey that I could jazz up too.

I got a specialized jersey (SoxLady8) in Grey from Grandstand as a holiday gift ... not sure if they would just be able to take off/add lettering /numbering.

I tried to do a search here I think this topic was covered before , but it was awhile back and I could not find it --

even though we are off to a rough start , I still love my boys --

DumpJerry
04-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Grandstand at 35th and Wallace.

BadBobbyJenks
04-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Grandstand at 35th and Wallace.

What he said, got a Buehrle done on a nameless jersey last season. Looks great.

soxlady8
04-10-2010, 06:02 PM
I work right down the street from Grandstand ... I will wash my two jerseys and hopefully bring them in on Tuesday and see what they can do !!

You all rock !!!!!

I love my Grey Road one that I got for the holidays ... but I know the person paid a pretty penny for it as it is truly authentic and not wanna be etc.

twsoxfan5
04-12-2010, 10:12 AM
I went to Triple Threat Sports in Mokena to ask them if they could change a Swisher jersey to a Beckham and they told me they could not do it b/c of MLB restrictions. Can Grandstand do something that Triple Threat can't?

C-Dawg
04-12-2010, 10:25 AM
I went to Triple Threat Sports in Mokena to ask them if they could change a Swisher jersey to a Beckham and they told me they could not do it b/c of MLB restrictions.

That's bizarre; I know there are rules but I thought it went the other way - IE, they'll no longer make, say, a Sox Swisher jersey because he's no longer on the team (they'd have to wait until he's retired). I must have it backward. Must be a MLB or players-union royalties thing.

Rdy2PlayBall
04-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Uh oh. This leaves my in a tough situation... Should i turn a Dye jersey into a Beckham or Buehrle??? :o:

How much is all this anyway?

BleacherBandit
04-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Uh oh. This leaves my in a tough situation... Should i turn a Dye jersey into a Beckham or Buehrle??? :o:

If it's an alternative I'd do a Buehrle or Beckham.

If it's a home or away jersey I'd probably get it done as Beckham. You never really see Buehrle playing in anything other than the alts.

NDSox12
04-12-2010, 07:41 PM

It would be a lot cheaper to just turn it into a Teahen. :smile:

Streets
04-12-2010, 08:58 PM
It would be a lot cheaper to just turn it into a Teahan. :smile:

I'd go classic with Ventura.

soxlady8
04-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Well I guess I will just take the hit on the Swish jersey if it cannot be changed. I do have a plain pinstripe /white jersey that I can have personalized and a black one. They aren't Majestic authentic though I don't think ----

I was too lazy to wash them so I will stop by Thursday then and see if it would be worth it !!

ewokpelts
04-12-2010, 11:52 PM

How much is all this anyway?grandstand letters jerseys for $65. not sure what they charge to remove stitching and glue. a replica jersey personalized at mlb.com is $99. do the math.

doublem23
04-12-2010, 11:54 PM
I'd go classic with Ventura.

Got to make sure you get the Comiskey Park sleeve patch, then.

soxlady8
04-13-2010, 04:59 PM
thanks pelets ---

The white pinstriped jersey is in the washer now .
I believe it is a replica , but it still looks pretty good --
the quality isn't as high as the authentic , but I think it is worth the lettering ---

going tomorrow or Thursday ---

BadBobbyJenks
04-13-2010, 05:19 PM
You have a World Series MVP jersey, dont change it.

soxlady8
04-13-2010, 05:51 PM
If you are speaking to me ... my white pin striped jersey does have the World Series patch on it on the left hand side --- you must be psychic or something -- however, it would really look cute all dolled up w Soxlady8 on it !!!!!!!

soxlady8
04-13-2010, 06:01 PM
sorry ... thought it was BigBobbyJenks--

soltrain21
04-13-2010, 06:14 PM
sorry ... thought it was BigBobbyJenks--

I'm offended FOR him.

BadBobbyJenks
04-13-2010, 06:17 PM
:(:

soxlady8
04-13-2010, 09:40 PM
I did not mean to offend anyone --
I am still kinda a newbie around here ---
I swear if you want me to wear the fairie bookbag like Sergio Santos that is fine with me ... ha ha

GoGoCrede
04-13-2010, 09:44 PM
You have a World Series MVP jersey, dont change it.

Agreed. What did Dye do that was so bad?

Rdy2PlayBall
04-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Agreed. What did Dye do that was so bad?Nothing. He just hasen't done anything as good as Buehrle... and hopefully not as good as Beckham will do.

If it's any more than $50... I'm just going to leave it, it's not really worth my time to save $40 on a scrapped up jersey redone.

BadBobbyJenks
04-13-2010, 09:53 PM
I did not mean to offend anyone --
I am still kinda a newbie around here ---
I swear if you want me to wear the fairie bookbag like Sergio Santos that is fine with me ... ha ha

I was not offended, I just like to give people ****.

Soxgirl22
04-13-2010, 10:06 PM
I just like to give people ****.

He does. :cool:

And, I love my new Beckham jersey, but I'd keep the Dye. Just my opinion.

BadBobbyJenks
04-13-2010, 10:09 PM
He does. :cool:

And, I love my new Beckham jersey, but I'd keep the Dye. Just my opinion.

What color Beckham are you rocking? If you say black it was meant to be.

Soxgirl22
04-13-2010, 10:10 PM
What color Beckham are you rocking? If you say black it was meant to be.

It is black indeed :smile:

beasly213
04-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Got to make sure you get the Comiskey Park sleeve patch, then.

Yup. I have a Ventura, first thing I did was get a patch :cool:

ewokpelts
04-14-2010, 09:45 AM
thanks pelets ---

The white pinstriped jersey is in the washer now .
I believe it is a replica , but it still looks pretty good --
the quality isn't as high as the authentic , but I think it is worth the lettering ---

going tomorrow or Thursday ---
Authentics are nice, but it's $150 for an unlettered jersey on mlb.com. over $200 with lettering. like i said, a custom replica is HALF that.

plus, how stupid will you feel when you spent $200 on a darin erstad jersey?

soxlady8
04-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Ewok --- I know what ya mean... my Swisher jersey is hidden in the back of my closet ... with a lil bit of shame ... it is a replica but the person who gave it to me as a gift did pay a good amount for it ---

My one jersey says Soxlady8 and my other two will say that also ---

There is no trading Soxlady8 off the team ha ha ha !!

#1swisher
04-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Ewok --- I know what ya mean... my Swisher jersey is hidden in the back of my closet ... with a lil bit of shame ... it is a replica but the person who gave it to me as a gift did pay a good amount for it ---

My one jersey says Soxlady8 and my other two will say that also ---

There is no trading Soxlady8 off the team ha ha ha !!

Next time you're at the game, look around...people are wearing their Swisher jerseys/tshirts with pride.:cool:* or not*

C-Dawg
04-15-2010, 01:54 PM
plus, how stupid will you feel when you spent $200 on a darin erstad jersey?

For that reason alone, that's why I like going with retired guys we know and love.... Like the Ventura jersey mentioned earlier. Can't go wrong with that one!

:smile:

parlaycard
04-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Next time you're at the game, look around...people are wearing their Swisher jerseys/tshirts with pride.:cool:* or not*

Unfortunately you are correct.

In my book wearing a Swisher jersey is one step above wearing a Cubs jersey. From day one, I never liked that guy.