PDA

View Full Version : Enough with the black jerseys already...

Standing Ovation
04-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Take those ****ty, softball looking things and burn 'em. ***?

WhiteSox5187
04-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Especially with the way we've played in them of late.

sox1970
04-10-2010, 02:53 PM
I agree. I know it's a dumb thing to care about, but when I saw they were wearing them again today, I :rolleyes:.

Wear them on Sundays, dummies.

october23sp
04-10-2010, 02:53 PM
I don't hate the jerseys as much as they are ****ing alternates. Make them the official home unis if we love them so much. Actually, on second though, they are ****ty uniforms.

russ99
04-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Boooo!

I love the third jerseys. Better than the road greys IMO. But they should be wearing the pinstripes at home more.

Not our call, though - that day's starter picks which jersey they wear.

Hartman
04-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Is that the new scapegoat for the poor start? :bandance:

I'm on board, mod edit the black jerseys!! :redneck

sox1970
04-10-2010, 03:04 PM

It's not even about winning and losing. They just look like **** when they wear them every ****ing game.

Red Barchetta
04-10-2010, 03:50 PM
It's not even about winning and losing. They just look like **** when they wear them every ****ing game.

You would think after the incredible playoff run in 2005 without wearing the black jerseys, some positive karma would come from that.

I agree that when they first debuted and they only wore them on Sundays, it was pretty cool. Now it's gotten out of hand. I don't buy into the "pitcher" decides method of choosing the jerseys. Stick with a routine and if your number comes up that day, that's what you wear. I like the black jersey, however agree they are (again) wearing them way too much!

35thPaloma
04-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Agreed. I don't think they're horrible, I enjoy them as an alternate. I just prefer my boys in all their pinstripe glory when at home, is all.

Dibbs
04-10-2010, 03:57 PM
I have always hated the black jerseys. It's unfortunate because the white home jerseys are beautiful. I wish all organizations were as classy as the Yankees.

soltrain21
04-10-2010, 04:06 PM
The black jerseys with the away pants are one of the worst uniforms in baseball.

SephClone89
04-10-2010, 04:11 PM
The black jerseys with the away pants are one of the worst uniforms in baseball.

This.

BadBobbyJenks
04-10-2010, 04:12 PM
The black jerseys rule. Knock off this silliness.

SephClone89
04-10-2010, 04:13 PM
The black jerseys rule. Knock off this silliness.

They look good because of the contrast with the normal unis. When they're not used as alternates, their impact is severely lessened and the aesthetic shortcomings are exposed.

BainesHOF
04-10-2010, 04:16 PM

I agree. And the white pinstripes are one of the best.

Screw the pitchers picking out the jerseys.

SOBdmb
04-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Didn't it start just on Sundays they wore the black jerseys?

soltrain21
04-10-2010, 04:18 PM
It seems like every team just wears alternates now. Reds and Cubs both had them on today. Brewers have them on now.

It's like the NBA.

TheOldRoman
04-10-2010, 04:38 PM
It seems like every team just wears alternates now. Reds and Cubs both had them on today. Brewers have them on now.

It's like the NBA.Maybe the Sox should do like the Cavaliers. They wear about 3 "throwback" jerseys a year and wear another one or two mismashes of one era's style with another era's colors. For example, their 80s style, except in red and yellow. Those jerseys are meant to "honor" a Cavaliers message board. Maybe the Sox should like that and design a jersey to honor WSI.:rolleyes:

Baseball needs to make a rule that only one team can wear alternates per game. Over the past few years it has gotten ridiculous. Sometimes we even get two teams wearing the same color. Even though baseball has a rule against that, it isn't punishable. A few teams get it right by only letting the players wear alternates on certain days. The Red Sox only wear red at home on Sundays or navy on the road on Fridays, the Orioles only wear back at home on Fridays, etc.

As for the black jerseys, they suck. They were nice once in a while back when the Sox only wore them on Sundays. The more they wear them, the worse they get. We just saw the players wear this same exact look for the past month and a half in spring training, they should be wearing normal jerseys now. The worst part about them is the sloppy gray outline on the names. Several letters (H,N,W,U,G) have a gray shape behind the white layer which doesn't conform to the shape of the letter.

Streets
04-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of the black "alternates."

I love our home pins and gray roads.

veeter
04-10-2010, 05:02 PM

I'm on board, mod edit the black jerseys!! :redneckDude, you made me laugh on that one!!

KnightSox
04-10-2010, 05:10 PM
I liked them on Sundays, now I absolutely hate them.

TheCommander
04-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of the black "alternates."

I love our home pins and gray roads.

Interesting opinion, considering the pictures in your sig. :tongue:

Brian26
04-10-2010, 09:36 PM

Read the rules. Don't try to evade the language filter next time. Just spell the word out and let the filter do its thing.

oeo
04-10-2010, 09:39 PM
The black jerseys have always sucked, IMO. The white lettering with the silver outline looks amateurish from the distance...most of the letters just look like blocks. Since they've become the primary jersey of choice, they suck even more. They need to be eliminated.

BleacherBandit
04-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Remember that Buehrle is in love with the black jersey. He wore it on his first no-hitter and then never elected to wear the pinstripes or road in another game he's pitched (except for opening days, although they wore the black this year). So we'll probably have to settle seeing the alternitives being used at least once a week if we give Buehrle what he wants, which we should because he's Buehrle and it's just a uniform.

Streets
04-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Interesting opinion, considering the pictures in your sig. :tongue:

The great Rdy2PlayBall created my sig for me. He choose the pics and I'm just happy with the free sig. Guess I could have specified?? Hard enough to find a picture of Robin online in a Sox uni anyway.

tick53
04-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Take those ****ty, softball looking things and burn 'em. ***?

I'm glad you started this thread because I was going to.Thank you! ENOUGH already! Wear the white pins they are the best in all baseball. If you don't lok like a baseball player you won't play like one.

04-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Its the jerseys! Didn't we wear the pinstripes on opening day?

Sockinchisox
04-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Its the jerseys! Didn't we wear the pinstripes on opening day?

No, they wore black.

esbrechtel
04-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Buehrle loves the black...those aren't going anywhere

I bet they put a clause in his contract to go to the blacks full time to get him to sign an extension instead of retire

Sockinchisox
04-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Buehrle loves the black...those aren't going anywhere

I bet they put a clause in his contract to go to the blacks full time to get him to sign an extension instead of retire

Peavy is very fond of them as well.

rdwj
04-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Peavy is very fond of them as well.

I like the black. They can wear them every day as far as I'm concerned

KnightSox
04-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Peavy is very fond of them as well.I thought Peavy wore the pins in his couple starts last year.

chisox616
04-11-2010, 02:41 PM
I thought Peavy wore the pins in his couple starts last year.

Wasn't he on the road for a majority of his starts? I don't remember actually but I thought he was mostly in the road grays.

But meh, I dunno, I like the Black Alts. Every time I see Buehrle in them now I think of his perfecto and it makes me happy.

Sockinchisox
04-11-2010, 02:42 PM
I thought Peavy wore the pins in his couple starts last year.

He had the two starts at home against the Royals and the Tigers and both times he wore the black.

getonbckthr
04-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Just a thought is it possible the blacks have been worn due to the cool weather?

Stoky44
04-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Black uni=winning

mcg
04-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Just a thought is it possible the blacks have been worn due to the cool weather?
No, they pretty much wear them all season. The UniWatch blog asks fans to track their teams record by uniform. I can't find the end of season but here's (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3149/3794302111_ef9071917c_b.jpg) the Sox record by uniform through July of last year.

asindc
04-11-2010, 04:01 PM
I don't mind the alternative home unis every now and then, but not nearly as often as they have been wearing them, and certainly NOT on Opening Day. I plan on emailing the front office about this.

oeo
04-11-2010, 05:36 PM
I like the black. They can wear them every day as far as I'm concerned

They do wear them everyday.

twinsuck
04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I don't mind the alternative home unis every now and then, but not nearly as often as they have been wearing them, and certainly NOT on Opening Day. I plan on emailing the front office about this.
Seriously?? Like the front office has much to do with it. Doesn't the pitcher usually pick which uniform they want to wear?? And I think they usually just decide to wear the same ones until they lose in them, then they switch it up. But anyway I don't give a **** which uniforms they wear, they're still the Sox.

oeo
04-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Seriously?? Like the front office has much to do with it. Doesn't the pitcher usually pick which uniform they want to wear?? And I think they usually just decide to wear the same ones until they lose in them, then they switch it up. But anyway I don't give a **** which uniforms they wear, they're still the Sox.

The front office can make them strictly Sunday alternates again, or remove them entirely.

GoGoCrede
04-11-2010, 07:50 PM

Really? I dislike those uniforms as much as anyone, but does that really warrant an e-mail? I'm sure they have other things to concentrate on.

TheCommander
04-11-2010, 07:54 PM
The great Rdy2PlayBall created my sig for me. He choose the pics and I'm just happy with the free sig. Guess I could have specified?? Hard enough to find a picture of Robin online in a Sox uni anyway.

I wasn't busting your chops; I just thought it was kinda funny. :smile: He created mine as well and does a great job.

SephClone89
04-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Really? I dislike those uniforms as much as anyone, but does that really warrant an e-mail? I'm sure they have other things to concentrate on.

You've succumbed, GoGo! I loved seeing Gavin in the white pinstripes in your signature. :whiner:

TheOldRoman
04-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Seriously?? Like the front office has much to do with it. Doesn't the pitcher usually pick which uniform they want to wear?? And I think they usually just decide to wear the same ones until they lose in them, then they switch it up. But anyway I don't give a **** which uniforms they wear, they're still the Sox. The whole "switch jerseys after a loss" thing is only done with the white and gray jerseys. The Sox had lost two in a row in black coming into today, and they wore it again. Six games into this season, we are 2-4 and have dressed like a baseball team once.

GoGoCrede
04-11-2010, 10:36 PM
You've succumbed, GoGo! I loved seeing Gavin in the white pinstripes in your signature. :whiner:

This photo was aesthetically pleasing. Of course, all Gavin photos are. :cool: I just needed a change. :tongue:

cnw8052
04-11-2010, 11:30 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here, but the black jerseys are my favorites.

But as someone else said, who gives a crap what they are wearing, it's winning games that counts.

jabrch
04-11-2010, 11:38 PM
If BA isn't here, I don't give a **** what uniforms they wear. They are ****ing idiots.

Jerko
04-12-2010, 08:41 AM
I like the black jerseys. Straight up home whites vs. road grays gets boring to me after a while. I don't mind when both teams wear alternates.

asindc
04-12-2010, 08:45 AM

Management has everything to do with it. Management decides what the uniforms will look like in the first place, and the players work for management, not the other way around. Yes, pitchers apparently have been given discretion in choice of uniform, but management does not have to cede such discretion to the players. Why bother designating a home uniform if the "alternative" is going to be worn more often?

asindc
04-12-2010, 08:48 AM

I know people who work in the front office. Believe me, they have a lot on their plates. They are very accustomed, however, to receiving comments on all sorts of issues. This would not be out of the ordinary, believe me, and they would rather hear about it directly from the fans than have the fans complain to the media about it.

TheOldRoman
04-12-2010, 08:53 AM
If BA isn't here, I don't give a **** what uniforms they wear. They are ****ing idiots.:?:Who are idiots? The players, the front office for getting rid of BA, or people who expressed they would prefer to not see the black jerseys 80% of the time?

Rocky Soprano
04-12-2010, 08:56 AM
I guess I'm in the minority here, but the black jerseys are my favorites.

But as someone else said, who gives a crap what they are wearing, it's winning games that counts.

I'm with you, I love the black jerseys.

blackcloud1956
04-12-2010, 09:10 AM
I want to thank everyone who stated their dislike of the black " softball looking " jerseys. Why would any BASEBALL fan want any major league team to look like they belong in some half-asssed beer league. Not only do I go along with expressing our feelings to the White Sox hierarchy, I strongly applaud the action. Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf has always tried to fashion the White Sox after the Yankees. What Major League team never wears a alternative top ? Mr. Reinsdorf will not permit players to have long hair, same as the Yankees. So follow their lead on player dress code.

badgerboy1848
04-12-2010, 09:13 AM
White Sox baseball: Its Black & White

bigdommer
04-12-2010, 09:20 AM
I don't think telling pitchers, especially two veterans, that they can no longer pick the uniform on gameday is a good idea for player morale.

Short story: for two years in college, we had just classic white homes and road greys. My junior year, we added an alternate. My senior year, we added a second alternate jersey, plus an alternate hat. The seniors got to pick what we wore, and for whatever reason, we just liked wearing the alternates better and that's all we wore. They were a little more comfortable, and we were young and stupid and thought they looked better. Anyway, half way through senior year, our coach decided to take the decision making process out of our hands, and we went back to mostly whites and grays. It was the right decision, but we were not happy with it.

Point: I don't know. These guys are professionals and they shouldn't care, but they do. It's a standard practice to let the SP pick the jersey, so I wouldn't upset that. I had this conversation a couple years ago with a friend who is a Cub fan, and he absolutely hates the blues but that's what most of their SP's like. It's not just us.

jabrch
04-12-2010, 09:41 AM
:?:Who are idiots? The players, the front office for getting rid of BA, or people who expressed they would prefer to not see the black jerseys 80% of the time?

Everyone is a ****ing idiot. Everyone else seems to know more than everyone. I've given in. Nobody thinks anybody knows **** anymore. ****ing idiots - all of them...all of us...

KnightSox
04-12-2010, 10:03 AM
I don't think telling pitchers, especially two veterans, that they can no longer pick the uniform on gameday is a good idea for player morale.If any Major Leaguer has a morale issue, he needs to join the real world.

bigdommer
04-12-2010, 11:48 AM
If any Major Leaguer has a moral issue, he needs to join the real world.

Morale and moral are two different things.

KnightSox
04-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Morale and moral are two different things.A typo that will be rectified.

tick53
04-12-2010, 12:08 PM
White Sox baseball: Its Black & White

black & WHITE:wink:

bigdommer
04-12-2010, 12:48 PM
A typo that will be rectified.

No problem, both could apply here. Moral, the principal of being told what to do and morale, having management take an enjoyable element of the game away from the player.

While I agree that, with the money they make, morale should never be an issue to a MLB player, we would be naive to say that it does not come up.

WhiteSoxFTW
04-12-2010, 12:56 PM
You will prolly see a lot more of the home whites when it gets hot this summer, right?

I do prefer the home jersey, but I am not going to get upset about it. Actually my favorite are the road grays, with the Chicago script.

KnightSox
04-12-2010, 12:59 PM
You will prolly see a lot more of the home whites when it gets hot this summer, right?
I was hoping that was true last year, but the alternates still outnumbered the pins 4-1.

doublem23
04-12-2010, 01:37 PM
It's not a big deal, since they only have 1 alternate top, things would be much worse if they had like 7 variances that they trotted out everyday. That would be over the top.

My only gripe is that I think all teams should be required to wear their home whites on their Home Opener. Other than that, it's a free-for-all, for all I care.

eriqjaffe
04-12-2010, 01:43 PM
I don't love the black jerseys, but I like them a hell of a lot more than the fake vests. Thank God they got rid of those.

KnightSox
04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I don't love the black jerseys, but I like them a hell of a lot more than the fake vests. Thank God they got rid of those.I didn't care for the vests either, but I will take them over the current alternates in a heartbeat.

Streets
04-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Finally busted out the something other than black! My fave classic road uni's.

tick53
04-13-2010, 09:08 AM
I didn't care for the vests either, but I will take them over the current alternates in a heartbeat.

Huh, I liked the sleeveless jerseys.

skobabe8
04-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Finally busted out the something other than black! My fave classic road uni's.

The grays are by far my favorites. Sucks for me they wear them less than the home whites.

TheCommander
04-13-2010, 10:12 AM
the grays are by far my favorites. sucks for me they where them less than the home whites.

+1

g0g0
04-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Huh, I liked the sleeveless jerseys.

Me too! The black t-shirts underneath looked good with it.

TheOldRoman
04-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Huh, I liked the sleeveless jerseys.The Sox had two different vest-type jerseys. From 1998-2001 and 05-07 they wore actual sleeveless jerseys, although they looked sloppy IMO the second time around because the shoulders were long. From 2002-04 they wore pinstriped jerseys with attached black sleeves. Those were silly.

Milw
04-13-2010, 10:17 PM
If I had my druthers, the Sox would wear the black jersey 162 games per year. Best uniform in baseball. You haters are nuts.

doublem23
04-13-2010, 10:18 PM
If I had my druthers, the Sox would wear the black jersey 162 games per year. Best uniform in baseball. You haters are nuts.

They're good, but our home whites and road greys are excellent, as well. Honestly, the only team that has better uniforms than we do are the Tigers.

GoGoCrede
04-13-2010, 10:23 PM
They're good, but our home whites and road greys are excellent, as well. Honestly, the only team that has better uniforms than we do are the Tigers.

I think you meant to type "Dodgers," no? :smile: I absolutely adore those uniforms, maybe even more than ours.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt60/letsgocrede/thome-dodgers.jpg
I can see why Thome wanted to sign with them. :tongue:

Nellie_Fox
04-14-2010, 12:34 AM
If I had my druthers, the Sox would wear the black jersey 162 games per year. Best uniform in baseball. You haters are nuts.It's an opinion. Just like yours is. I prefer a baseball uniform that looks like a baseball uniform, not a softball uniform, but that's just my opinion. It doesn't make those who disagree "haters," nor does it make them wrong.

doublem23
04-14-2010, 12:51 AM
I think you meant to type "Dodgers," no? :smile: I absolutely adore those uniforms, maybe even more than ours.

Dodgers home uniforms are great, but their complete uniform set is kind of blah for me, especially since their road greys are basically the exact same design, except for Los Angeles across the chest instead of Dodgers.

The Tigers are perfect, IMO. What seals it for me is that the "D" on their hat is slightly different than the "D" on their chest. Its little things like that that I really, really love.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:WMvktjqMnXMagM:http://epicvelocity.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/tigers-d.jpg

Jim Shorts
04-14-2010, 10:04 AM

+1

I love the Tiger's home uni's. The piping makes those jerseys complete.

soltrain21
04-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Tigers and Giants have the two best uniforms in baseball. Pittsburgh is up there, too.

Nellie_Fox
04-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Dodgers home uniforms are great, but their complete uniform set is kind of blah for me, especially since their road greys are basically the exact same design, except for Los Angeles across the chest instead of Dodgers.

The Tigers are perfect, IMO. What seals it for me is that the "D" on their hat is slightly different than the "D" on their chest. Its little things like that that I really, really love.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:WMvktjqMnXMagM:http://epicvelocity.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/tigers-d.jpgAll these years, and I never noticed that before. Interesting.

TheOldRoman
04-14-2010, 01:36 PM
All these years, and I never noticed that before. Interesting.The Yankees have four different NY logos. The official logo, the cap logo, the jersey logo, and the batting helmet logo. Other than the stout rounded jersey logo, the other three have pretty small differences.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4002/4460193654_d0eac16073_o.jpg

Dibbs
04-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Nothing tops the Yankees home pinstripes. However, our whites (which I think we might still have) are close. Giants, Tigers, Cardinals, Pirates, Red Sox, Royals, Braves and Dodgers all have very nice home uniforms in my opinion.

doublem23
04-14-2010, 01:45 PM
The Yankees have four different NY logos. The official logo, the cap logo, the jersey logo, and the batting helmet logo. Other than the stout rounded jersey logo, the other three have pretty small differences.

Meh, those are all basically the same thing, most of the difference seems to come from the medium; of course a logo generated on a computer will be sharper than one sewn on a hat.

The Tigers logos are noticeably different.

TheOldRoman
04-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Meh, those are all basically the same thing, most of the difference seems to come from the medium; of course a logo generated on a computer will be sharper than one sewn on a hat.

The Tigers logos are noticeably different.The "official" version of the cap logo is crisper than an actual cap, New Era just produces it sloppily. Anyway, the difference between these logos is small, but there are distinctive differences in the crossbar of the N, how much the verticle parts of the N flair out, and to what extent the ends of the letters are curved or flat. I found this picture on another website, so it isn't the best look at the jersey logo. While the other three are very similar, the jersey logo is much wider.

doublem23
04-14-2010, 01:57 PM
The "official" version of the cap logo is crisper than an actual cap, New Era just produces it sloppily. Anyway, the difference between these logos is small, but there are distinctive differences in the crossbar of the N, how much the verticle parts of the N flair out, and to what extent the ends of the letters are curved or flat. I found this picture on another website, so it isn't the best look at the jersey logo. While the other three are very similar, the jersey logo is much wider.

I'll give you the jersey one is a bit more different than the other 3, but it's still basically the exact same thing.

Johnny Mostil
04-14-2010, 01:58 PM
I prefer a baseball uniform that looks like a baseball uniform, not a softball uniform

And a mismatched softball uniform, at that, at least IMO. The black tops with the striped pants look odd to me. Maybe solid white pants, possibly with some black trim? I admit that would look even more like a softball uniform, but maybe more like a matching one.

That Detroit find is very interesting, doublem. The only thing I'd ever noticed before was the white 'D' on the home caps and the orange 'D' on the road ones.

TheOldRoman
04-14-2010, 02:09 PM
I'll give you the jersey one is a bit more different than the other 3, but it's still basically the exact same thing.Well, they are pretty similar, much moreso than the Tigers' D's. However, it is amazing that at some point over the past 50 years at least neither team caught those difference and thought it was sloppy. That wouldn't happen today. Then again, the Dallas Cowboys pretty much take pride in horrible mismatched jerseys containing royal blue at home, navy on the road, and two distinctively different shades of silver pants, neither of which matches the helmet.

sox1970
04-18-2010, 03:19 PM
3-6 when they wear black. It's working.

:fireozzie

Rdy2PlayBall
04-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Time to go pinstripes until we lose 3 in a row.

thomas35forever
04-18-2010, 03:31 PM
It took us only one loss in the '05 playoffs to switch from the sleeveless jerseys at home. Someone apparently forgot about that.

Red Barchetta
04-18-2010, 03:35 PM
It took us only one loss in the '05 playoffs to switch from the sleeveless jerseys at home. Someone apparently forgot about that.

...plus they didn't wear the black jerseys at all during the playoff run. Time to put them away for awhile. At least for the sake of baseball karma!

sox1970
04-18-2010, 03:39 PM
There is something fitting about them wearing black every game. Funeral wear.

RustyKuntz
04-20-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm a little late to this thread, but I'd like to pile on.

I hate alternate jerseys in ANY sport. For fans to build an emotional attachment, you need consistent branding.

I think alternate jerseys in baseball look bush league. Save 'em for the minor leagues or spring training.

ps. I've also thought for years that they White Sox need to start wearing white socks.

soltrain21
04-20-2010, 05:31 PM

I hate alternate jerseys in ANY sport. For fans to build an emotional attachment, you need consistent branding.

I think alternate jerseys in baseball look bush league. Save 'em for the minor leagues or spring training.

ps. I've also thought for years that they White Sox need to start wearing white socks.

I don't agree with that. I like alternate jerseys. I just wish they'd only wear them on Sunday or Saturday day games or something.

roylestillman
04-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Full pinstripes last night = win. Case closed.

ShoelessJoeS
04-21-2010, 08:36 AM

ps. I've also thought for years that they White Sox need to start wearing white socks.The Sox alternates are actually my personal favorite, but I agree they wear them waaaay too often. Like other posters have said, wear them on Sundays, or for playoff games...and that's it.

There definitely are some awful looking alternates out there. I hate it when the Bears wear their orange alternates...barf.

I have to disagree about the socks too. I love the way the black socks look, especially on the home whites.

Suburbanbuddha
04-21-2010, 03:15 PM
If I read another post praising the yankee unis, i think I might puke.
I don't hate the black, but they do wear them waaay to often. I say go back to just sundays unless Buehrle wants to wear them - I think he is the only pitcher on the staff to earn that consideration.

downstairs
04-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I wonder which Sox unis sell the best. I haven't been to the park- or Chicago- in a long time. I kinda remember seeing a lot more black than white pinstripes.

Sort of works better as a shirt for a typical fan.

EdHerman12
04-21-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm late to this thread too. I actually wanted to bring this jersey issue up in the past, but I really didn't think it would be that well received. I guess I'm old fashioned. I like the white pin stripes at home, and on Sundays the the alternate black,and gray on the road with the script Chicago across the front, and again on Sundays the the black tops as an alternate. I can remember a series in Minnesota where the Twins wore their dark tops every game in what I figured was an attempt to keep us from wearing the black jerseys so we had to wear the gray ones the whole time. Personally, I always thought they wore the balck ones because maybe Ozzie liked them. I didn't know about the pitchers having the choice...

MARTINMVP
04-21-2010, 09:04 PM
...plus they didn't wear the black jerseys at all during the playoff run. Time to put them away for awhile. At least for the sake of baseball karma!

That one game the Sox did lose in the 2005 post season (Game 1, ALCS), Ozzie wore the heavy Sox jacket with the gold sleeves. I'll never forget it. I wasn't fond of that jacket anyways, but whenever I see someone wearing that jacket now, I always remember that jacket from that night. I don't remember Ozzie wearing that jacket again after that game either.

WhiteSox5187
04-21-2010, 09:24 PM
That one game the Sox did lose in the 2005 post season (Game 1, ALCS), Ozzie wore the heavy Sox jacket with the gold sleeves. I'll never forget it. I wasn't fond of that jacket anyways, but whenever I see someone wearing that jacket now, I always remember that jacket from that night. I don't remember Ozzie wearing that jacket again after that game either.

I think he wore it the next night and then again in the World Series! But I remember that jacket too, wasn't too fond of it.

Btw, are they wearing pinstripes tonight?

soltrain21
04-21-2010, 09:39 PM
I think he wore it the next night and then again in the World Series! But I remember that jacket too, wasn't too fond of it.

Btw, are they wearing pinstripes tonight?

Yes, but they look more like clown suits than anything tonight.

WhiteSox5187
04-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Yes, but they look more like clown suits than anything tonight.

That'll happen when you give up 12 runs.

Early Win!
04-27-2010, 11:26 PM
I think the Sox should wear the grey road uniforms with the "Chicago" script most often. After all, the city got a new stadium built for them by taxpayers. When the Sox first moved into the new ballpark, they wore the Chicago city flag on their helmets. That has disappeared. The least they could do is give prominence to the city that they call home. I want to see Chicago on their uniforms. I also prefer the traditional home pinstripes.

samurai_sox
04-29-2010, 06:28 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread, the Black jerseys are my favorite Sox jerseys. I will agree that they have been wearing them alot so far this season, but everytime I think of the Sox I always picture them in their black jerseys. Some of the talk around here about getting rid of the black jerseys altogether is insane!

UChicagoHP
04-29-2010, 06:38 PM
The current ratio is out of hand, but the players seem to like them for some reason. Maybe they are comfortable, who knows? I do wish MLB would set a limit, maybe once or twice a week for the alts...

With that being said, those suckers are a big seller, and they 'aint going anywhere. I think they wear them too often, but I also think they are one of the coolest uniforms in sports..

kittle42
04-29-2010, 07:18 PM
I think the Sox should wear the grey road uniforms with the "Chicago" script most often. After all, the city got a new stadium built for them by taxpayers.

:scratch:

sox1970
04-29-2010, 07:23 PM
The current ratio is out of hand, but the players seem to like them for some reason. Maybe they are comfortable, who knows? I do wish MLB would set a limit, maybe once or twice a week for the alts...

With that being said, those suckers are a big seller, and they 'aint going anywhere. I think they wear them too often, but I also think they are one of the coolest uniforms in sports..

I wish the rule in baseball would be the road team can wear theirs on Saturday's, and the home team can wear theirs on Sunday's. Once a week is enough, and not at the same time. When both teams are wearing a solid jersey, it looks like spring training. And spring training sucks.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
04-29-2010, 07:25 PM
:scratch:

I think he means that the alternates don't say "Chicago" on them, so he wishes the city name would be more prominent on the road jersey.

At least, that's what I think.

kittle42
04-29-2010, 07:40 PM
I think he means that the alternates don't say "Chicago" on them, so he wishes the city name would be more prominent on the road jersey.

At least, that's what I think.

That's what he's saying, but I just question the logic behind the desire.

chisox12
04-30-2010, 12:32 PM

I'd be interested to find out why they are constantly wearing the black jerseys. Doesnt the starting pitcher get to pick which jerseys the team wears? I thought I remember hearing that in the past...

Streets
06-15-2010, 07:47 PM
okay I'm seriously sick of seeing these jerseys.

They need to restrict use of it for the rest of the season... it's not helping us win/lose. There's even sarcasm on uniwatch.com over the Sox always wearing the black jerseys.

Enough!

GoGoCrede
06-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Seriously, is there NO pitcher on that staff who prefers one of the other uniforms? Apparently not.

Streets
06-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Apparently not, I actually applauded Lou Piniella a few years ago from restricting the cubs from wearing their ugly solid blue jersey. I think they could only wear it once a week or something.

I understand MLB wants to make $$ on 3rd jerseys but it's gotten out of hand... color on color games... teams only wearing their 3rd jersey 98% of the time...

sox1970
06-15-2010, 08:01 PM
The Giants/Orioles game the other night was disgusting.

hi im skot
06-15-2010, 08:19 PM
there's even sarcasm on uniwatch.com over the sox always wearing the black jerseys.

how dare they?!?!?!?!?!

Streets
06-15-2010, 08:40 PM
how dare they?!?!?!?!?!

My point is we wear them so much it's being noticed on the east coast.

doublem23
06-15-2010, 08:44 PM
I like the black jerseys.

Only one that has a white White Sox logo.

GoGoCrede
06-15-2010, 08:46 PM
I like the black jerseys.

Only one that has a white White Sox logo.

I read that as "only one with a White Sox logo" and was about to give you crap for it. :smile:

doublem23
06-15-2010, 08:49 PM
I read that as "only one with a White Sox logo" and was about to give you crap for it. :smile:

:neener:

PhillipsBubba
06-15-2010, 08:50 PM
The whole ensemble sucks. Trash the black and white and go back to the '59 classic uniforms.

Oh...here's an idea...how about the Chicago White Sox wearing white socks???

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/50569618.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14014F1A47E0B7137B256D67C34EC9D881 C6518418F93D9209B01E70F2B3269972http://i.ebayimg.com/07/!Bt9gZmQ!2k~$(KGrHqYH-CYEvrwcUC47BL-UoI,lK!~~_35.JPG

doublem23
06-15-2010, 08:52 PM
The whole ensemble sucks. Trash the black and white and go back to the '59 classic uniforms.

:puking:

Great idea. What are the White Sox missing? A splash of red trim. A stupid enough idea before you notice there's already a team named the Red Sox.

The current jerseys are modeled after the late '50s models already, except that they're way, way, way, way better because the colors actually make sense.

PhillipsBubba
06-15-2010, 09:02 PM
:puking:

Great idea. What are the White Sox missing? A splash of red trim. A stupid enough idea before you notice there's already a team named the Red Sox.

The current jerseys are modeled after the late '50s models already, except that they're way, way, way, way better because the colors actually make sense.

Who said anything about the Red Sox:scratch:

Your response doesn't correlate, doesn't correlate, doesn't correlate, doesn't correlate, doesn't correlate, doesn't correlate.....

Now he's got me doing it:(:

soxinem1
06-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Pinstripes at home, grey on the road.

Dump the softball jerseys.

Get back to it!!!:bandance::bandance:

hi im skot
06-15-2010, 09:18 PM
My point is we wear them so much it's being noticed on the east coast.

Those dorks notice everything uniform-related.

(Full disclosure: I read Uni-Watch everyday. :smile:)

doublem23
06-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Who said anything about the Red Sox:scratch:

Your response doesn't correlate, doesn't correlate, doesn't correlate, doesn't correlate, doesn't correlate, doesn't correlate.....

Now he's got me doing it:(:

:?:

The 1959 White Sox jerseys have red trim. How does that correlate to a team called the White Sox? That makes as little sense as adding green, blue, yellow, etc. except that there is a team called the Red Sox. Come on, dude, this doesn't take a Ph.D. in Logic to understand.

The current setup we have are basically the '59 jerseys (with a few modifications) except that it has a sensible color scheme. I know, part of being a Sox fan for a long time was putting up with idiotic jerseys and ridiculous colors, but they got it right this time.

Rdy2PlayBall
06-15-2010, 09:51 PM
I like the black socks more than the white... the ONLY reason I would even want to see a white sock is if they are wearing a dark color as their pants...

White socks on white pinstripes kind of looks stupid. Though I really wish they would wear pinstripes more! :(:

mzh
06-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Somebody here had a Black/White/Grey uni count in their sig for a little while, who was that? I'd sure like to know that number :thinking:

KnightSox
06-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Somebody here had a Black/White/Grey uni count in their sig for a little while, who was that? I'd sure like to know that number :thinking:Here ya go.

SephClone89
06-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Here ya go.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

Somebody needs to write the Sox front office citing those numbers.

Streets
06-15-2010, 10:56 PM

This.

Those dorks notice everything uniform-related.

(Full disclosure: I read Uni-Watch everyday. :smile:)

As do I.

Here ya go.

This is what I'm saying. When I saw the numbers in your sig the other day I had enough.

TomBradley72
06-15-2010, 11:37 PM
While we're at it,they should add "White Sox" underneath "Chicago" on the road greys like they did in the late 60's/early 70's.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
06-15-2010, 11:52 PM
While we're at it,they should add "White Sox" underneath "Chicago" on the road greys like they did in the late 60's/early 70's.

I think the road greys are perfect as is.

Not that I've seen them lately...

Dibbs
06-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Home :9 Away :10 Alternate :44

If those above numbers are accurate, that is a complete disgrace. That should be added to our metaphor thread on how our organization is run. Black uniforms should be eliminated. At the very most, they should be worn on Sundays only.

TornLabrum
06-16-2010, 12:38 AM
I have no objection to the black jerseys. Black is the appropriate color for mourning.

GoGoCrede
06-16-2010, 01:12 AM
I have no objection to the black jerseys. Black is the appropriate color for mourning.

I love this post.

doublem23
06-16-2010, 01:26 AM

That's a time period of White Sox history we'd surely love to emulate.

doublem23
06-16-2010, 01:31 AM

If those above numbers are accurate, that is a complete disgrace. That should be added to our metaphor thread on how our organization is run. Black uniforms should be eliminated. At the very most, they should be worn on Sundays only.

And what, exactly, is the metaphor? Oh, you guys suck so much because you're wearing the best alternate jersey in all of baseball?

Seriously, who gives a ****? As long as the players like them, what's the big god damn deal?

Dibbs
06-16-2010, 02:02 AM
And what, exactly, is the metaphor? Oh, you guys suck so much because you're wearing the best alternate jersey in all of baseball?

Seriously, who gives a ****? As long as the players like them, what's the big god damn deal?

Why should the players have so much control? You wouldn't see the Yankees wearing a navy alternate top even if Jeter requested it.

I think the big deal is they are ugly and unprofessional. I don't hate them for a spring training or warm-up look, but this is professional baseball. MLB, the highest level in the world for this sport. We look like a co-ed softball team in them.

Stoky44
06-16-2010, 07:26 AM
I love the blacks, I wish they would get rid of the home whites, that way we always wear black, at least at home. I have the problem with the roads, but the home whites are just too plain.

asindc
06-16-2010, 08:41 AM

Get back to it!!!:bandance::bandance:

Definitely this.:smile:

I love the blacks, I wish they would get rid of the home whites, that way we always wear black, at least at home. I have the problem with the roads, but the home whites are just too plain.

Definitely NOT this.:mad:

Jerko
06-16-2010, 08:44 AM
and what, exactly, is the metaphor? Oh, you guys suck so much because you're wearing the best alternate jersey in all of baseball?

+10000000000000000000000000

kobo
06-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Why should the players have so much control? You wouldn't see the Yankees wearing a navy alternate top even if Jeter requested it.

I think the big deal is they are ugly and unprofessional. I don't hate them for a spring training or warm-up look, but this is professional baseball. MLB, the highest level in the world for this sport. We look like a co-ed softball team in them.
What is the difference in the black jersey compared to the grey? Why is the black jersey considered 'softball' but the grey isn't?

I don't care what jersey the team wears as long as they win. This notion that the black jerseys are ugly and unprofessional makes me laugh. What, is there fashion police in baseball now?

TomBradley72
06-16-2010, 09:38 AM
That's a time period of White Sox history we'd surely love to emulate.

Bad teams- cool jerseys.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-16-2010, 09:50 AM
I've commented that I am tired of the black alternates too, but if this team was in 1st with a 6 game lead, I wouldn't care if they came out dressed like the 84 Padres.

LongLiveFisk
06-16-2010, 09:59 AM

While I won't say it is a "big deal", you have to admit there is something weird about wearing what is supposed to be an alternate four times more than the regular jersey. :scratch:

Dibbs
06-16-2010, 10:31 AM
What is the difference in the black jersey compared to the grey? Why is the black jersey considered 'softball' but the grey isn't?

I don't care what jersey the team wears as long as they win. This notion that the black jerseys are ugly and unprofessional makes me laugh. What, is there fashion police in baseball now?

What's the difference? The difference is grey jerseys are the traditional color for road jerseys. Plus, they are the same color for pants and top. A very professional looking uniform, unlike the black top/white or grey pant. Like I said, if they were worn once per week max, I would be fine with that. It's sad that our home whites, which I think are one of the best uniforms in sports, are now our alternates.

Of course we want the team to win, that has nothing to do with this thread.

#1swisher
06-16-2010, 10:53 AM
What's the difference? The difference is grey jerseys are the traditional color for road jerseys. Plus, they are the same color for pants and top. A very professional looking uniform, unlike the black top/white or grey pant. Like I said, if they were worn once per week max, I would be fine with that. It's sad that our home whites, which I think are one of the best uniforms in sports, are now our alternates.

Of course we want the team to win, that has nothing to do with this thread.

It's been mentioned many times. The game day pitcher, is the one who chooses the uni.

Dibbs
06-16-2010, 11:02 AM
It's been mentioned many times. The game day pitcher, is the one who chooses the uni.

I know that. I never asked that question, and it should not be the choice of any player.

doublem23
06-16-2010, 11:05 AM

Seriously, if anything the road greys are more "softball-y" than the black alts. Have you seen every softball team in existance? Grey shirt with a script team name going across the chest.

jdm2662
06-16-2010, 11:09 AM
I've commented that I am tired of the black alternates too, but if this team was in 1st with a 6 game lead, I wouldn't care if they came out dressed like the 84 Padres.

I've said this once, and I will say it again. They can wear pink jerseys and speedos if it meant they would win.

mzh
06-16-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't particularly have a problem with the black jersey's themselves. BUT, the thing is, they are alternates. Meaning they are not regular jerseys. Alternates are meant to be a once a week alternative to the regular jerseys. The problem I have is not just that I like the home whites better than the blacks, but if they are going to wear them 4 times as much as the "regular" uni's, you might as well make them the regulars, which I would disagree with because while they might not look "unprofessional", there are baseball traditions that generally must be followed (i.e. white at home, grey on the road. There were exceptions to this in the 70's but I'd prefer not to talk about that :tongue:)

nccwsfan
06-16-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm in the minority, but I prefer the black over the road gray unis. Compared to most other teams our alternate jersey is a good one.

TheOldRoman
06-16-2010, 01:25 PM

Seriously, who gives a ****? As long as the players like them, what's the big god damn deal?The players should have no say into what the team wears. You are a Notre Dame fan; what if Notre Dame football players wanted to wear lime green monochrome uniforms with black helmets? Would that be acceptable? We should cater to the fleeting fashions of young men because they think the newest craze is "dope" or "fresh"? I don't care if Mark Buehrle thinks the black jerseys are "cool" or "intimidating", he shouldn't be allowed to wear it every damn game.

TheOldRoman
06-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Seriously, if anything the road greys are more "softball-y" than the black alts. Have you seen every softball team in existance? Grey shirt with a script team name going across the chest.No, softball teams wear plain pants with a colored t-shirt. With no placket decoration and only colored cuffs, the black jerseys look like t-shirts. They are a step above "Chico's Bail Bonds" uniforms. Maybe the Sox can screen print the numers on and let players put nicknames on the back to make the black jerseys more authentic. That, and you have to chug a beer as you round first.

ramblermgr9599
06-16-2010, 01:29 PM
The players should not have a say in what uniform they wear. There should be rules from MLB or at least the team. I think there should be rules like the NFL. Teams should only be allowed to use the alternates 1/7 of the year and uniform choices must be announced prior to the season.

eriqjaffe
06-16-2010, 01:40 PM
They are a step above "Chico's Bail Bonds" uniforms.Although, to be fair, those "Chico's Bail Bonds" jerseys were really sweet.

slavko
06-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Not that we're in danger of needing one Anytime Soon Now, but I can do without Blackout Games. They've lost their novelty.

doublem23
06-16-2010, 02:06 PM
The players should have no say into what the team wears. You are a Notre Dame fan; what if Notre Dame football players wanted to wear lime green monochrome uniforms with black helmets? Would that be acceptable? We should cater to the fleeting fashions of young men because they think the newest craze is "dope" or "fresh"? I don't care if Mark Buehrle thinks the black jerseys are "cool" or "intimidating", he shouldn't be allowed to wear it every damn game.

The black alternates have been around for almost twenty years, I don't think that qualifies as "fresh" or whatever lame ass word you think is supposed to mean "cool." As for your ND comment, there is a difference between amateur college athletes and grown men who are professionals. And anyway, ND doesn't have a jersey like you've described, so I don't see how they could wear that anyway.

The black alts are cool. The home pinstripes are cool. The road greys are cool. Anytime the Sox take the field, they are usually one of the 2-3 best dressed teams in the Majors playing that day.

SHUT THE **** UP

TheOldRoman
06-16-2010, 02:22 PM
The black alternates have been around for almost twenty years, I don't think that qualifies as "fresh" or whatever lame ass word you think is supposed to mean "cool." As for your ND comment, there is a difference between amateur college athletes and grown men who are professionals. And anyway, ND doesn't have a jersey like you've described, so I don't see how they could wear that anyway.

The black alts are cool. The home pinstripes are cool. The road greys are cool. Anytime the Sox take the field, they are usually one of the 2-3 best dressed teams in the Majors playing that day.

SHUT THE **** UP:rolleyes:
You said "as long as the players like them". Well, that has been an issue in college football. I don't know why you would arbitrarily draw the line between college and the pros. The attrocity that is Oregon has happened in part because Nike works with the players to make crazy garabge for them to wear. And Oregon went from its traditional colors (kelly green and yellow) to black, forrest green and yellow, and now black, forrest green, silver, pewter, and neon yellow. So, no, Notre Dame doesn't have lime green jerseys, but theoretically they could at some point. And what if the Sox players pushed for jerseys which weren't part of their current package or color scheme? What if those awful camoflague jerseys Buehrle pushed for became regluar jerseys? Would that be fine just because the players wanted them?

And yes, my post referenced what Sox players have said about the black jerseys, that they are "cool" and "intimidating". Nobody was ****ing imtimidated in 2007. Nobody has been intimidated thusfar this year.

GoGoCrede
06-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Not that we're in danger of needing one Anytime Soon Now, but I can do without Blackout Games. They've lost their novelty.

Huh? We've only done the blackout three times, and they were playoff games. The Opening Day one doesn't count, because about 2/3 of the people there apparently didn't get the memo. And it was too hot, anyway.

doublem23
06-16-2010, 05:14 PM
:rolleyes:
You said "as long as the players like them". Well, that has been an issue in college football. I don't know why you would arbitrarily draw the line between college and the pros. The attrocity that is Oregon has happened in part because Nike works with the players to make crazy garabge for them to wear. And Oregon went from its traditional colors (kelly green and yellow) to black, forrest green and yellow, and now black, forrest green, silver, pewter, and neon yellow. So, no, Notre Dame doesn't have lime green jerseys, but theoretically they could at some point. And what if the Sox players pushed for jerseys which weren't part of their current package or color scheme? What if those awful camoflague jerseys Buehrle pushed for became regluar jerseys? Would that be fine just because the players wanted them?

And yes, my post referenced what Sox players have said about the black jerseys, that they are "cool" and "intimidating". Nobody was ****ing imtimidated in 2007. Nobody has been intimidated thusfar this year.

:violin:

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

TheOldRoman
06-16-2010, 06:30 PM

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:Nothing says "I have nothing to say" more than crying faces. It is just a step below "SHUT THE **** UP."

NDSox12
06-16-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm curious to see if the team decides to come out in black jerseys on Sunday afternoon when it is supposed to be around 100 degrees in DC.

But maybe colors don't matter that much with the materials being used for uniforms these days.

NDSox12
06-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Huh? We've only done the blackout three times, and they were playoff games. The Opening Day one doesn't count, because about 2/3 of the people there apparently didn't get the memo. And it was too hot, anyway.

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the Sox actually wore white for all three of those games. I know that was the case for Game 163 and Game 3 of the ALDS.

GoGoCrede
06-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the Sox actually wore white for all three of those games. I know that was the case for Game 163 and Game 3 of the ALDS.

Correct. Their white uniforms were an awesome contrast with the sea of black in the crowd. That was such a great night, so lucky to have been there. Sigh.

TheOldRoman
06-16-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm curious to see if the team decides to come out in black jerseys on Sunday afternoon when it is supposed to be around 100 degrees in DC.

But maybe colors don't matter that much with the materials being used for uniforms these days.That is correct. All jerseys are now Coolbase material, so it doesn't matter much. In the first year of the Coolbase jerseys, 2006, the Sox wore black on all really hot days because those were the only Coolbase jerseys they had at the time.

lpneck
06-16-2010, 06:50 PM
We should cater to the fleeting fashions of young men because they think the newest craze is "dope" or "fresh"?

"Word."

TheCommander
06-16-2010, 07:21 PM
"Word."

:tealtutor:

Brian26
06-16-2010, 07:33 PM
I've always thought the road greys are one of the best uniforms in sport. It's a shame they don't wear them more often.

TheVulture
06-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Now that we're on the 12th page I guess it's time to throw in my 2 cents:

The Black jerseys in and of themselves aren't so bad, but they look completely ridiculous with the pin-stripe pants. They don't look so good with the grays either. Maybe they would work with a plain white pant? They might as well go all the way with the alternate and invest in another set of pants if they're not going to abandon it.

FloridaTigers
06-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Speaking from an outsider's perspective, I think the white home and normal away's are classy, and beautiful. The black jerseys are alright, they atleast fit the Sox, unlike when the Royals wore black, or when the A's do it. But they do seem to overkill it. I saw a graphic here where they've worn the alt's 45 times and just the others a combiend 18? Thats silly. Makes me glad the Tigers don't wear alternates.

LongLiveFisk
06-16-2010, 11:58 PM
I've always thought the road greys are one of the best uniforms in sport. It's a shame they don't wear them more often.

I like them too. Hell, sometimes I forget what they look like.

doublem23
06-17-2010, 02:28 AM
Nothing says "I have nothing to say" more than crying faces. It is just a step below "SHUT THE **** UP."

If you would actually give me something substantial to refute, I would. Wah! The Sox wear black jerseys. Wah! Here's some completely over the top, ridiculous comparison that's not based (at all) in reality. Wah! I don't like the black alts.

Seriously, this is like arguing with my elementary school aged cousin when he doesn't get a ice cream cone. If you ever bother coming up with something worth reading, please, shoot me a PM. I'm not holding my breath.

TheOldRoman
06-17-2010, 09:08 AM
If you would actually give me something substantial to refute, I would. Wah! The Sox wear black jerseys. Wah! Here's some completely over the top, ridiculous comparison that's not based (at all) in reality. Wah! I don't like the black alts.

Seriously, this is like arguing with my elementary school aged cousin when he doesn't get a ice cream cone. If you ever bother coming up with something worth reading, please, shoot me a PM. I'm not holding my breath.

:violin:You are correct, it is like arguing with a child, accept when children stomp their feet and pout then don't generally say "SHUT THE **** UP." As for the PM, I did that before, but you had nothing to say then, either. In summary: People saying they dislike the sox wearing black jerseys 75% of the time = whining. Picking on people who dislike black jerseys being worn = intellectual discourse. Got it. The subject is dropped.

doublem23
06-17-2010, 02:12 PM
You are correct, it is like arguing with a child, accept when children stomp their feet and pout then don't generally say "SHUT THE **** UP." As for the PM, I did that before, but you had nothing to say then, either. In summary: People saying they dislike the sox wearing black jerseys 75% of the time = whining. Picking on people who dislike black jerseys being worn = intellectual discourse. Got it. The subject is dropped.

You might want to READ THE THREAD TITLE. This thread isn't a bunch of people saying they don't like the black alts. This is a thread full of insane suggestions, like dumping them, rolling out the 1950s uniforms again, paying homage to the 1960s Sox (some of the worst teams in franchise history). You asked earlier if we should play to the whims of the young men who actually play for the team. A valid point, until you got to a game and see how many UNBELIEVABLY INTELLIGENT FANS are rocking the dumbass clown mid-80s pullovers. THOSE ARE THE MINDS I WANT MAKING FASHION DECISIONS.

Reread my post and please tell me where I make any sort of demand. All I've said is I like the black alts and think that some of the suggestions in this thread are outlandish. I'm sorry I have to be this way, it's just that I'd have a more pleasant (and productive) conversation talking to the tree growing in my front yard. There's nothing wrong with the status quo when the status quo KICKS ****ING ASS.

LongLiveFisk
06-17-2010, 06:35 PM

I was hoping to see them tonight.

Oh well.

Slappy
06-17-2010, 06:55 PM
I just want to say, I'm not a fan of either version of White Sox jersey. They're such boring, plain jerseys. I think it's time for a change.

Walker29
06-17-2010, 08:20 PM
I am a fan of all of the current incarnations of the White Sox jersey, Home White, Road Grey, and Black "Alternate". IIRC The White Sox were the first team in MLB to introduce an "Alternate" jersey back in 1991 or 1992 on Black Sundays"...I do agree that the black jerseys could possibly look better with plain white pants and black/silver striping down the side...anyways I'm just happy the Sox have a classic looking uniform that has definately stood the test of time, I hope they don't change them anytime soon with the exception being if they ever wanted to bring back the 1959 uniforms once in a while, and by those I mean the ones they wore in 2005 vs. LAD, not the poor imitations they busted out last year or the year before.

skobabe8
06-17-2010, 08:20 PM

Thats what makes you so classy.

Shoeless
06-17-2010, 08:43 PM
The grays bring back so many memories. We have one uni now. :(

hi im skot
06-17-2010, 08:48 PM
I just want to say, I'm not a fan of either version of White Sox jersey. They're such boring, plain jerseys. I think it's time for a change.

Pfft.

sox1970
06-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Ok guys, it was fun while it lasted. Wear the road uni tomorrow.

Rikirk
06-27-2010, 04:29 PM
I like the black jersey...
Its stylin'

shingo10
06-27-2010, 04:30 PM
At this point I even miss the sleevless home uni's they used to wear. It feels like Spring Training every game. Although I can see the sentimental value the black uniforms will have for the team from here on out. 11 wins in a row is amazing.

Here's to a new winning streak tomorrow.

Shoeless
06-27-2010, 05:45 PM
agreed. Three times is perfect over the time period. I'll be honest, it's very college (or Miami heat) but the blackout was extremely well received the first time it was done in '08 and it remains a fun novelty.

LongLiveFisk
06-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Ok guys, it was fun while it lasted. Wear the road uni tomorrow.

I would like to see the road gray myself. Not holding my breath though.

october23sp
06-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Road grays are my fav, but we won't see them tomorrow. The winning streak had nothing to do with going all black.

KnightSox
06-27-2010, 07:20 PM
I like the black jersey...
Its stylin'Yeah it is...in spring training.

chaotic8512
06-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Even though I love the black jersey, I definitely would like to see them mix in the other two a little more. Wearing the black 55 times out of 74 is a little over the top.

Streets
06-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Even though I love the black jersey, I definitely would like to see them mix in the other two a little more. Wearing the black 55 times out of 74 is a little over the top.

Very much so.

Win streak and losing streaks were both a part of those 55 games. It's been even worse lately with a lot of color on color softball/spring training looking games.

WhiteSox5187
06-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Well Buehrle pitches tomorrow and he loves the black jersey so we'll see those tomorrow. Now, if we lose tomorrow it will be two losses in a row and Floyd goes on Tuesday and he will wear the gray jersey. But with the Sox winning 13 out of 15 in the black jersey, I don't think they're going to change it anytime soon. As someone who is very superstitious I don't blame them. I'm still trying to figure out what I did wrong today (I think it was keeping score).

chisoxfanatic
06-27-2010, 08:40 PM
193 replies into the thread, and I have 1 thing to say--Who cares what uniform they wear for any game? There is only one thing that matters: the play on the field. Nothing else matters.

MARTINMVP
06-27-2010, 09:33 PM
193 replies into the thread, and I have 1 thing to say--Who cares what uniform they wear for any game? There is only one thing that matters: the play on the field. Nothing else matters.

Judging from the responses that this thread has gotten and how long it has lived, a lot of people obviously do care.

Of course, winning trumps everything. That is the most important. But we all know the uniform color has nothing to do with their 11 game winning streak. I love the black uniforms as well, but I do get tired of seeing them day in and day out, especially when their home whites and road grays are super cool looking, in addition to classy looking.

harwar
06-28-2010, 08:07 AM
now that this winning streak is done i'm hoping to see the white pin-stripes when they get home against the angels

october23sp
06-28-2010, 11:29 AM
now that this winning streak is done i'm hoping to see the white pin-stripes when they get home against the angels

They've been wearing it all year, it had nothing to do with the streak.

sox1970
06-28-2010, 11:36 AM

Yes, they've been wearing the black jerseys the majority of the season, but obviously they did not change what they were wearing during the streak.

Juice16
06-28-2010, 12:45 PM

Ed Farmer made note before every ballgame during the later part of the streak that black jerseys were a like a symbol, completing ignoring they have been wearing them all year.

october23sp
06-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Yes, they've been wearing the black jerseys the majority of the season, but obviously they did not change what they were wearing during the streak.
Why obviously? Every other time I have seen them on a winning streak they wear more than one jersey. This black jersey craze among the Sox started last year.

Ed Farmer made note before every ballgame during the later part of the streak that black jerseys were a like a symbol, completing ignoring they have been wearing them all year.

Yeah, it has absolutely nothing to do with the streak.

I think I know why everyone hates them including me, They are the same jerseys on the road as they are at home, it is natural for a change, home and away.

PhillipsBubba
06-28-2010, 01:09 PM
http://static.flickr.com/2481/3649449204_cd2cd6da50.jpg

sox1970
06-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Why obviously? Every other time I have seen them on a winning streak they wear more than one jersey. This black jersey craze among the Sox started last year.

Obviously, because I don't think by the time they got to , say, five in a row, there was any discussion of what jersey they would wear until they lost a game.

october23sp
06-28-2010, 01:31 PM
http://static.flickr.com/2481/3649449204_cd2cd6da50.jpg

http://www.certain.com/event/accounts/register123/intheloop/events/2009abatours/white_sox_celebration_tariff.jpghttp://www.locksmithsportspicks.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/white-sox-22309-256x300.jpg

doublem23
06-28-2010, 01:40 PM
http://www.certain.com/event/accounts/register123/intheloop/events/2009abatours/white_sox_celebration_tariff.jpghttp://www.locksmithsportspicks.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/white-sox-22309-256x300.jpg

:thumbsup:

It's fun to bust out the '59 jerseys every now and then, but cream colored with black pinstripes and red trim? Fugly. Definitely do not look like jerseys for a team called the WHITE Sox.

october23sp
06-28-2010, 01:43 PM

It's fun to bust out the '59 jerseys every now and then, but cream colored with black pinstripes and red trim? Fugly. Definitely do not look like jerseys for a team called the WHITE Sox.

Agreed, it's a nice "once a season" look. I love love love our road grays, and I love our home whites, it's too bad we wear exclusively the Black jerseys that I kind of only like when they aren't worn out. Like I said, I like the Home and Road identity, right now it really doesn't matter home or away, you know we are going to see the black jerseys.

BigKlu59
06-28-2010, 01:47 PM
:cool: Gotta agree... If the Sox had a suspect set of threads for the Home Uni,sure... But their Home Whites w/ Pinstripes are the Cats Ass..Even the sleeveless vests have a nice touch.. Funny how this team spent a century trying to escape the vitriolic "BLACK SOX" lable, yet they still seem to want to use this colour as a main focal point...If an alien were to drop out of the sky and ask the pressing query... Why are they called the "WHITE SOX" when their Uniforms and Sox are coloured Black?:scratch: Maybe they like the contrast where the SOX logo is prominent in "WHITE"..Hense, White Sox....:cool:

Really doesnt matter...Just a question for the ages. Just like to see them in pinstripes on occasion...

BigKlu59

Red Barchetta
06-28-2010, 02:32 PM
:cool: Gotta agree... If the Sox had a suspect set of threads for the Home Uni,sure... But their Home Whites w/ Pinstripes are the Cats Ass..Even the sleeveless vests have a nice touch.. Funny how this team spent a century trying to escape the vitriolic "BLACK SOX" lable, yet they still seem to want to use this colour as a main focal point...If an alien were to drop out of the sky and ask the pressing query... Why are they called the "WHITE SOX" when their Uniforms and Sox are coloured Black?:scratch: Maybe they like the contrast where the SOX logo is prominent in "WHITE"..Hense, White Sox....:cool:

Really doesnt matter...Just a question for the ages. Just like to see them in pinstripes on occasion...

BigKlu59

Also, what I find interesting is that when their PR department came up with the Original "Rolling Blackout" for the 1-game Twins playoff, and everyone was encouraged to wear black, the SOX wore their white home pinstripes?! :scratch: :?: If there was ever a game to wear the black jerseys, I would have thought that would have been it.

LongLiveFisk
06-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Also, what I find interesting is that when their PR department came up with the Original "Rolling Blackout" for the 1-game Twins playoff, and everyone was encouraged to wear black, the SOX wore their white home pinstripes?! :scratch: :?: If there was ever a game to wear the black jerseys, I would have thought that would have been it.

I actually wish they had done a "whiteout" rather than a "blackout" but too many people seemed to think it would be hard to see the baseball in a sea of white. :dunno:

Ron Karkovice
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM
what they really NEED to do is switch from polyester to cotton!!:angry:

WhiteSox5187
06-28-2010, 10:07 PM
We damn well better wear the gray jerseys tomorrow.

sox1970
06-28-2010, 10:09 PM

Agreed. Time to flip it.

october23sp
06-28-2010, 10:09 PM

But Floyd is pitching, Black is his jersey.

WhiteSox5187
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
But Floyd is pitching, Black is his jersey.

He wears the gray jerseys and the pinstripes more than anyone else...I think.

GoGoCrede
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM

Yes, you're right. He leans more toward the pinstripes, though.

thomas35forever
06-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Change the jersey, change the luck.

october23sp
06-28-2010, 10:25 PM

Yes, you're right. He leans more toward the pinstripes, though.

I was mostly kidding because black seems to be ever pitchers color.

hi im skot
06-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Break out the shorts.

GoGoCrede
06-28-2010, 10:29 PM
I was mostly kidding because black seems to be ever pitchers color.

I just wanted to put my extensive knowledge of Floyd to good use for once. :smile:

hi im skot
06-28-2010, 10:31 PM
I just wanted to put my extensive knowledge of Floyd to good use for once. :smile:

I'm sure he wishes he could break out this tomorrow night:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/3251916271_4953dea4ae.jpg

:tongue:

GoGoCrede
06-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Ughhh, not that photo! I was hoping you'd forgotten about it!

Skot:

K5d5jxJ5vbM

hi im skot
06-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Ughhh, not that photo! I was hoping you'd forgotten about it!

Skot:

:rolling:

Classic.

:D:

Nellie_Fox
06-28-2010, 11:58 PM

It's fun to bust out the '59 jerseys every now and then, but cream colored with black pinstripes and red trim? Fugly. Definitely do not look like jerseys for a team called the WHITE Sox.What does the color of the jersey have to do with the color of the socks? They should wear white socks; the '59 jersey goes as well with white socks as any other would.

october23sp
06-29-2010, 12:06 AM
What does the color of the jersey have to do with the color of the socks? They should wear white socks; the '59 jersey goes as well with white socks as any other would.

But they are the WHITE Sox, White should be their primary color. No other color should be present except black, which IMO is just a fill in color, not a main color. Our main color White because we are the White Sox. Not red. ESPECIALLY since there is a Red Sox.

I had to stop wearing my 1983 Sox hat because I got "compliments" that I liked the Red Sox.

Nellie_Fox
06-29-2010, 12:12 AM
But they are the WHITE Sox, White should be their primary color. No other color should be present except black, which IMO is just a fill in color, not a main color. Our main color White because we are the White Sox. Not red. ESPECIALLY since there is a Red Sox.

I had to stop wearing my 1983 Sox hat because I got "compliments" that I liked the Red Sox.Just because people are stupid and don't know that the Red Sox have NEVER worn a hat with SOX on it?

Go back and look at all the different combinations of colors they've worn with white socks. They are the White SOX, not the WHITE Sox. It makes far less sense to be wearing black socks than it would to have red trim (which they've used many, many times in the past.)

october23sp
06-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Just because people are stupid and don't know that the Red Sox have NEVER worn a hat with SOX on it?

Go back and look at all the different combinations of colors they've worn with white socks. They are the White SOX, not the WHITE Sox. It makes far less sense to be wearing black socks than it would to have red trim (which they've used many, many times in the past.)

I just don't think Red belongs on a White Sox uniform, but I was born in 1991, so obviously I never saw any different than the current uniforms. I like our current uniform set, including the overuse of the Black alts, more than anything from the past. I think the baby blue roads were cool, I wouldn't mind seeing them for road Sunday games.

Nellie_Fox
06-29-2010, 12:22 AM
I just don't think Red belongs on a White Sox uniform
http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1917_chicago.gif 1917

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1930_chicago.gif1930

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1935_chicago.gif 1935

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1940_chicago.gif 1940

The key is the WHITE SOCKS, not the color of the trim.

LongLiveFisk
06-29-2010, 12:27 AM
I had to stop wearing my 1983 Sox hat because I got "compliments" that I liked the Red Sox.

Anyone who would confuse the '83 White Sox cap for a Red Sox cap is someone whose opinion would not matter to me anyway.

october23sp
06-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Anyone who would confuse the '83 White Sox cap for a Red Sox cap is someone whose opinion would not matter to me anyway.

I wore it for softball and a guy who I didn't know on my team said "nice hat" I thought, "badass another Sox fan" but I was wrong.

It's just going to happen, especially here. My Dad (a Sox fan because of me, didn't follow much baseball til I came around) said a guy at his work told him the Cubs were on an 11 game winning streak.

pczarapa
06-29-2010, 02:05 PM

Amen to that

Red Barchetta
06-29-2010, 05:06 PM
http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1917_chicago.gif 1917

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1930_chicago.gif1930

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1935_chicago.gif 1935

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1940_chicago.gif 1940

True, however unfortunately in modern baseball, the sock or stirrup is never seen. I would personally love to see the SOX actually wear white socks in their uniforms aka Shoeless Joe Jackson look, however I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

So I guess the white "SOX" in the hat and on the alternative black jerseys is the closest thing to actually being the "White Sox". The home pinstripes Sox is Black.

esbrechtel
06-29-2010, 06:25 PM
I wish the sox would employ mandatory stirups (instead of high socks) much like the Cards or what Tampa has just done...
I do like the stripes but I am not married to them but having Juan Pierre on the team makes me realize how much I miss the guys wearing Stirups

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/features/2000/baseball_25/10/ankiel_lg.jpghttp://farm2.static.flickr.com/1134/4731122009_d51ab86924.jpg

october23sp
06-29-2010, 08:54 PM
How many games in a row is this now?

TheOldRoman
06-29-2010, 10:36 PM
I wish the sox would employ mandatory stirups (instead of high socks) much like the Cards or what Tampa has just done...
I do like the stripes but I am not married to them but having Juan Pierre on the team makes me realize how much I miss the guys wearing Stirups

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/features/2000/baseball_25/10/ankiel_lg.jpghttp://farm2.static.flickr.com/1134/4731122009_d51ab86924.jpgSeveral players on the Rays wanted to wear stirrups, so they had the equipment manager order some custom ones. They aren't official team attire, as some players don't wear them. The same goes for the Cards, as most of their players don't wear them. Lots of teams have MiLB rules that players have to wear their pants high with socks showing, but socks/stirrups aren't officially part of the major league uniform (other than the players having to wear team color socks). If teams wanted to make it mandatory for all players to wear stirrups, it would have to be part of the next collective bargaining agreement.

WhiteSox5187
06-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Several players on the Rays wanted to wear stirrups, so they had the equipment manager order some custom ones. They aren't official team attire, as some players don't wear them. The same goes for the Cards, as most of their players don't wear them. Lots of teams have MiLB rules that players have to wear their pants high with socks showing, but socks/stirrups aren't officially part of the major league uniform (other than the players having to wear team color socks). If teams wanted to make it mandatory for all players to wear stirrups, it would have to be part of the next collective bargaining agreement.

This is really what I'm hoping for out of the next CBA more than anything else.

Nellie_Fox
06-30-2010, 12:37 AM
If teams wanted to make it mandatory for all players to wear stirrups, it would have to be part of the next collective bargaining agreement.I'd be surprised if this is true. Why is only one article of clothing, and relatively minor one at that, subject to collective bargaining? Can a player come out in shorts if he feels like it? Can he just wear a team t-shirt instead of the jersey? No; all the players are supposed to be "uniform," yet for some reason trouser length has been left to player discretion. I seriously doubt that teams couldn't specify stirrups and how much of them has to show without the union's agreement.

WhiteSox5187
06-30-2010, 01:24 AM
I'd be surprised if this is true. Why is only one article of clothing, and relatively minor one at that, subject to collective bargaining? Can a player come out in shorts if he feels like it? Can he just wear a team t-shirt instead of the jersey? No; all the players are supposed to be "uniform," yet for some reason trouser length has been left to player discretion. I seriously doubt that teams couldn't specify stirrups and how much of them has to show without the union's agreement.

I know for a fact it is in the CBA as I have read that on many websites including the Dressed to the Nines website where the White Sox uniform thing on this site is linked. The current CBA had some sort of deal on socks, I'm not sure what it was exactly. But if Selig decided "From hence forth all socks must be worn above the knees" it would be essentially a rule change and any change in the rules would have to go through the MLBPA, as I understand it (I might be dead wrong).

I don't understand why more players don't wear high socks though as I would imagine you would get fewer low strike calls against you as you are distinguishing the lower part of the strike zone more clearly that you would if you went out with pajama style pants.

WhiteSox5187
06-30-2010, 01:26 AM
I just don't think Red belongs on a White Sox uniform, but I was born in 1991, so obviously I never saw any different than the current uniforms. I like our current uniform set, including the overuse of the Black alts, more than anything from the past. I think the baby blue roads were cool, I wouldn't mind seeing them for road Sunday games.

It's strange because I was born in 1987 and it took me awhile to get used to the Sox current uniform (I'm talking about when I was four and five) because the idea of the Sox not wearing red or blue was hard to comprehend. I had never seen them wearing black even though my dad told me it was like their older uniform. I always thought of the Sox wearing the kind of uniform they wore in the late 1980s or the one from 1982-1986 because I had seen pictures of me and my cousins wearing that jersey.

TheOldRoman
06-30-2010, 09:12 AM
I'd be surprised if this is true. Why is only one article of clothing, and relatively minor one at that, subject to collective bargaining? Can a player come out in shorts if he feels like it? Can he just wear a team t-shirt instead of the jersey? No; all the players are supposed to be "uniform," yet for some reason trouser length has been left to player discretion. I seriously doubt that teams couldn't specify stirrups and how much of them has to show without the union's agreement.I saw it mentioned on a few websites, including uniwatch. The official uniform includes a team color undershirt, cap, jersey, pants and approved jackets/hoodies when applicable. Socks aren't covered as being part of the "official uniform", which is why there are no regulations on how much sock players can show. The only regulation on socks is that they have to be team color, but of couse, you don't even see them when guys where there pants at the average length today. So, to add it to the official uniform guidelines, it would have to be added to the collective bargaining agreement, and we know the players would never go for that.

Mendoza Line
06-30-2010, 09:18 AM
I like the black uniform, if only because of how Omar wears his sleeves.

doublem23
06-30-2010, 09:19 AM

Just because they've made mistakes in the past, doesn't mean they have to keep repeating them. The only one of those jerseys that aren't, uh, bad, are the 1917 World Series jerseys, which have red for the patriotic theme and were worn for a grand total of what, 6 games?

WhiteSox5187
06-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Just because they've made mistakes in the past, doesn't mean they have to keep repeating them. The only one of those jerseys that aren't, uh, bad, are the 1917 World Series jerseys, which have red for the patriotic theme and were worn for a grand total of what, 6 games?

And every Sunday home game in 2001.

Nellie_Fox
07-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Just because they've made mistakes in the past, doesn't mean they have to keep repeating them.I'm not saying that any of them are good-looking uniforms, just that the color of the trim is irrelevant to the team name; it's the SOCKS.

doublem23
07-01-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm not saying that any of them are good-looking uniforms, just that the color of the trim is irrelevant to the team name; it's the SOCKS.

Well, I agree that the color of the socks should be white (the Sox blew a golden chance to make the change between 2005-2006), but I still contend that red trim is silly, especially considering there is a team named the Red Sox in existence. Same reason everyone makes fun of the Blue Jays for having all sorts of black and grey in their uniform; I'm sorry but when there's an explicit color named in your team nickname, you're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of how colorful your jersey can go. We can't all be the Astros and rock a rainbow.

I still don't see any problem with the Sox's current uniform set. They only have the one alt top and all three jerseys are totally bad ass, both in their classic baseball look and for modern styling. There's no need to mess with perfection.

cholly364
07-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Way back when this thread started, back when the Sox were somewhat behind in the standings many of the posters said they would not care what the players were wearing as long as the Sox are winning. Well hot damn, they are on fire now, and in first place at the All Star break. I say keep wearing the black jerseys, home and away, and keep on winning!

Besides, those black jerseys are way cool. I have been a fan my whole 44 years on this earth and I had to wear some pretty pathetic looking baseball hats and shirts. The red and blue S-O-X block letters, the "C" hats that looked more like a lower case "e" (we used to say it was a small "e" for Einhorn) and even the navy blue S-O-X block letters, good God! Decades of terrible crap! They finally got it right and I hope they stay with the same 3 jerseys they have now for forever. I think the Sox were the first team in any sport to have the third jersey, if I am not mistaken.

And wear that black jersey every day, home and away in 2010 for another World Series victory! We can talk about going back to the pinstripes more often next year.

doublem23
07-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Way back when this thread started, back when the Sox were somewhat behind in the standings many of the posters said they would not care what the players were wearing as long as the Sox are winning. Well hot damn, they are on fire now, and in first place at the All Star break. I say keep wearing the black jerseys, home and away, and keep on winning!

Besides, those black jerseys are way cool. I have been a fan my whole 44 years on this earth and I had to wear some pretty pathetic looking baseball hats and shirts. The red and blue S-O-X block letters, the "C" hats that looked more like a lower case "e" (we used to say it was a small "e" for Einhorn) and even the navy blue S-O-X block letters, good God! Decades of terrible crap! They finally got it right and I hope they stay with the same 3 jerseys they have now for forever. I think the Sox were the first team in any sport to have the third jersey, if I am not mistaken.

And wear that black jersey every day, home and away in 2010 for another World Series victory! We can talk about going back to the pinstripes more often next year.

The A's were rocking a 3rd, 4th, and 5th jersey as early as the 1960s and 70s.

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/uniforms.asp?league=AL&city=Oakland&lowYear=1968&highYear=1990&sort=year&increment=9&=Display+uniforms

Streets
07-12-2010, 10:37 AM

No, I'm still sick of them. I went to Peavy's game on the 6th and it was SO nice to see them in pinstripes... like unbelievably nice. I highly doubt Peavy wears pins when/if? he plays again for the Sox though, stupid injury.

Seriously, they started off their horrible, slow start wearing nothing but black and now their winning wearing mostly black. The jersey color does not equal a win or loss. Mix it up fellas.

doublem23
07-12-2010, 10:51 AM
No, I'm still sick of them. I went to Peavy's game on the 6th and it was SO nice to see them in pinstripes... like unbelievably nice. I highly doubt Peavy wears pins when/if? he plays again for the Sox though, stupid injury.

I was at that game, too, and I honestly didn't even notice they were wearing pinstripes.

Coops4Aces
07-12-2010, 10:59 AM
I was at that game, too, and I honestly didn't even notice they were wearing pinstripes.

I was there and it was the first thing I noticed...pleasantly surprised