PDA

View Full Version : Todd Ritchie Sucks

Chisox353014
06-16-2002, 01:44 PM
I've had it with this guy!! Veteran my A S S!!!!

CLR01
06-16-2002, 01:54 PM
Time to turn the tv and radio off.

DrCrawdad
06-16-2002, 02:56 PM
Todd Ritchie = Batting Practice Pitcher.

I've had it with Ritchie. I'm not looking at the stats, but everyone hits this guy. Compounding my frustration is reading that Kip pitched pretty well yesterday.

Let's just be candid, Wells/Fogg/Lowe for Ritchie is a bad bust.

- DrCrawdad.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-16-2002, 03:18 PM
LOL

I hate to say I told ya so, but I will. I was against this trade when it happened & now I am vindicated.

FanOf14
06-16-2002, 06:31 PM
I was on the fence at first about this trade. At the time I liked the idea of Ritchie coming here, but I thought what was given in return was entirely too much. I was hoping that we would find out we got an "Eldred" in disguise - talent wise not elbow wise.

What's with KW bringing us players that can play half a season?

Clayton - Last year he was really good the second half and sucked the first half.

Wells - He got half a season in before going down to injury.

Ritchie - At most we will get half a good season and that is only if he shapes up for the second half.

I am still wishing that the find a coaching position for Eldred. The young players listened to him and he had the biggest heart of any ball player I've seen in a long time in regards to playing the game.

Daver
06-16-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14

I am still wishing that the find a coaching position for Eldred. The young players listened to him and he had the biggest heart of any ball player I've seen in a long time in regards to playing the game.

There is a reason Kirk Champion was moved to being in charge of all minor league pitching and all the pitching coaches bumped up a class,the season has not started for Arizona yet.....

FanOf14
06-16-2002, 06:46 PM
daver - are you saying that the open space might be for Eldred? The last news I had heard on that (at the beginning of the season) was that they were earnestly looking for a place for him and never heard anything since.

Daver
06-16-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
daver - are you saying that the open space might be for Eldred? The last news I had heard on that (at the beginning of the season) was that they were earnestly looking for a place for him and never heard anything since.

I have no inside info on this,but a source I have would not deny it when I asked him about it.

Take it for what it is worth.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-16-2002, 08:11 PM
At this rate, all Todd Ritchie needs to do is start opening his mouth. Then he will officially be the new Jaime Navarro.

:jaime
"The bullpen is not an option!"

LongDistanceFan
06-16-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
At this rate, all Todd Ritchie needs to do is start opening his mouth. Then he will officially be the new Jaime Navarro.

:jaime
"The bullpen is not an option!" ohhhh that really hurts those ritchie supporters......... :D:

duke of dorwood
06-16-2002, 09:25 PM
He has nothing---and is actually getting worse. As is the big trade

Tragg
06-16-2002, 10:19 PM
He is getting worse.

However, I give him credit for getting out of the bases loaded 1 out jam in the second. Had he not clamped down at that point, we might not have gotten back into the game.

RKMeibalane
06-16-2002, 11:46 PM
As someone pointed out on this board a few weeks ago, there's a reason why Todd's record is poor. Everyone in the media likes to point out that he hasn't gotten the same run support as the other Sox starters. That does have some effect on the course of a game, but that isn't the only reason he is struggling. Coming into today's game, opponents were hitting .297 against him. That's pathetic, especially for a verteran pitcher who was supposed to be one of the pitchers who anchored this young pitching staff the Sox are using.

Ritchie just can't seen to make quality pitches anymore. He's getting too many fastballs up, and when that happens, bad things are sure to follow for the Sox. Somehow, I knew Hundley would tie the game in the bottom of the third inning. He's been swinging the bat well of late, and of course, Ritchie left a breaking ball up and out over the plate, and Hundley drilled it. If this continues to go on, the Sox should seriously consider trading for another veteran pitcher.

Weaver's name has come up countless times, and maybe something could be worked out, provided of course that Crede and Borchard remain with the White Sox. With Lenny, one never knows what might happen...

34 Inch Stick
06-17-2002, 10:32 AM
Ritchie does not suck. He is average. He has a .500 career record and 4.50 E.R.A. Why did we think we were getting anything better than that.

By the way, he has already given us a good 1/4 season. He pitched well at the beginning of the season. He may have been our best starter early on.

His mediocrity hurts us all but we should not have expected anything better. Kenny Williams was like a girlfriend who marries a guy because she thinks she can change him into something better after the marriage. This case always ends in pain (and the children, or fans, are always the one to suffer the most).

hold2dibber
06-17-2002, 10:48 AM
Ritchie has been HORRIBLE lately; however, I still think he'll return to his career norm as the season progresses; ERA in the 4.50 area. At the beginning of the year, I thought, with this offense, a 4.50 ERA would get him 16-18 wins. Now I'm thinking 12-14 wins. Of course, it is also possible that he has lost it completely and will follow the Jamie Navarro spiral into oblivion. It's sickening to even think about that, however, so I'm going to try to remain optimisitic.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-17-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Ritchie has been HORRIBLE lately; however, I still think he'll return to his career norm as the season progresses; ERA in the 4.50 area. At the beginning of the year, I thought, with this offense, a 4.50 ERA would get him 16-18 wins. Now I'm thinking 12-14 wins. Of course, it is also possible that he has lost it completely and will follow the Jamie Navarro spiral into oblivion. It's sickening to even think about that, however, so I'm going to try to remain optimisitic.

Well, I certainly hope Ritchie gets his act together fast, because if he doesn't, all those good numbers he puts up later in the season will be meaningless. Our entire season is hanging in the balance right now.

Unless we start winning games now, the rest of the season is shaping up like baseball's version of NBA "garbage time".

raul12
06-17-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Unless we start winning games now, the rest of the season is shaping up like baseball's version of NBA "garbage time".

which is why shammy always seems to "heat up" as the season progresses!

Foulke You
06-17-2002, 01:45 PM
Ritchie certainly has hit rock bottom. I can't believe I'm watching the same pitcher who made Cleveland's batters look silly in April. Ritchie is a pitcher with good stuff but he's been leaving pitches either up or catching way too much of the plate.

In the Sun-Times today, Manuel said he is going to suggest to Ritchie to stop being so fine with his pitches. Manuel believes he is taking too much off of his pitches to try to hit the perfect spots which is why they are hitting him. Manuel thinks that he just needs to have more confidence in his velocity and stop worrying about threading the needle perfectly. This was also Jon Garland's problem. No confidence in the velocity of his fastball and trying to make the perfect pitches. Kip Wells in Pittsburgh now is throwing in the mid 90s. Ritchie, Garland and Kip Wells. Hmmmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with...
:nardi