PDA

View Full Version : *Official OzzieBall for the loss 4/8 Post Game Thread*

Pages : 1 [2]

spawn
04-09-2010, 04:08 PM
What's the difference? Ozzie gets a free pass for life, but we kick Timo to the curb? Timo was a very small part along with Willie and Ozuna. Uribe a bit bigger. Some say we won in spite of Ozzie. How long is Ozzie's rope?
Um...weren't you initially comparing the length of rope Ozzie had compared to Brian Anderson? You are all over the map.

voodoochile
04-09-2010, 04:11 PM
What's the difference? Ozzie gets a free pass for life, but we kick Timo to the curb? Timo was a very small part along with Willie and Ozuna. Uribe a bit bigger. Some say we won in spite of Ozzie. How long is Ozzie's rope?

Well I said he had 10 years and feel justified because he won another division title a few years later.

Certainly his rope isn't 3 games into the second season since he last won a division title, but hey... rant on...

voodoochile
04-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Um...weren't you initially comparing the length of rope Ozzie had compared to Brian Anderson? You are all over the map.

Trolling trolling trolling...

Keep those talking points rolling...

canOcorn
04-09-2010, 04:16 PM

My point was that Brian was basically done after 2006 (1/2 to 2/3 of a season or some 350 AB's). Ozzie's been **** for years. I'm trying to say nobody had to endure watching Brian play everyday for years making the same ****ty mistakes.

spawn
04-09-2010, 04:20 PM
My point was that Brian was basically done after 2006 (1/2 to 2/3 of a season or some 350 AB's). Ozzie's been **** for years. I'm trying to say nobody had to endure watching Brian play everyday for years making the same ****ty mistakes.
I'm not even going to turn this into yet another Brian Anderson thread. But the contributions Ozzie has made to the White Sox (1 WS championship, 2 AL Central titles) far outweigh anything Brian Anderson has contributed. But hey, far be it from me to interrupt a good rant. :rolleyes:

doublem23
04-09-2010, 04:29 PM

Despite being "**** for years," Ozzie has a winning record as manager of the White Sox.

If you personally don't like him, that's fine. Pretending not to understand why he's been granted a bit of wiggle room by the higher ups in the organization make your argument look silly.

It's Dankerific
04-09-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm not even going to turn this into yet another Brian Anderson thread. But the contributions Ozzie has made to the White Sox (1 WS championship, 2 AL Central titles) far outweigh anything Brian Anderson has contributed. But hey, far be it from me to interrupt a good rant. :rolleyes:

Anderson was also has 1 WS championship and 2 AL Central titles. Whats your point?

Additionally, I hear all the time that coaches don't have any responsibility for what happens on the field, by that logic, the PLAYER did more to help than the COACH.

I think its AWESOME how the Ozzie Guillen fan club came out to bash Brian Anderson instead of talking about, i dont know, Ozzie Guillen's ****ty managing. Nice distraction guys.

Despite being "**** for years," Ozzie has a winning record as manager of the White Sox.

If you personally don't like him, that's fine. Pretending not to understand why he's been granted a bit of wiggle room by the higher ups in the organization make your argument look silly.

With some of the highest payroll this team has ever seen, in a weak division against a bunch of teams playing in little cities. What an accomplishment!

doublem23
04-09-2010, 05:11 PM
With some of the highest payroll this team has ever seen, in a weak division against a bunch of teams playing in little cities. What an accomplishment!

You win the first World Series for a franchise in 86 year, you earn some leeway. That's just the way the world works. If don't want to understand that, then we have nothing else to talk about.

GoGoCrede
04-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Anderson was also has 1 WS championship and 2 AL Central titles. Whats your point?

This might be nitpicking, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Anderson wasn't even on the WS roster; at the very least, he never saw any playing time.

doublem23
04-09-2010, 05:14 PM
This might be nitpicking, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Anderson wasn't even on the WS roster; at the very least, he never saw any playing time.

Anderson got a World Series ring, but no you are correct, he was a September call-up in 2005 and never appeared on the postseason roster for any series.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2005.shtml

It's Dankerific
04-09-2010, 05:16 PM
You win the first World Series for a franchise in 86 year, you earn some leeway. That's just the way the world works. If don't want to understand that, then we have nothing else to talk about.

Its year 5 after it. Considering that 8 teams out of 30 make the playoffs every year now, thats getting to be further away.

Like I said though, the manager doesn't win the games. But he CAN lose them.

Played during the season. Got a ring, is on the SI cover.

voodoochile
04-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Are we actually comparing the effect a backup rarely used September callup OF who never appeared on a post season roster with that of the manager who led the team to a wire to wire Division title and the best post season record since they went to the current format?

I bet the towel boy in the locker room had a bigger effect on the season than BA did, but that doesn't mean he's on the same level with Ozzie either.

Can the level of ridiculous hyperbole actually get any worse?

Tragg
04-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Ozzie has many great contributions. Still does...he usually keeps the clubhouse on even keel.

But right now, he's making grammar school errors....giving maximum at bats to poor hitters, taking the bat out of the best hitters' hands, and, as alway, dubious talent evaluation.
Defensive skills are irrelevant to DH; and you don't always have to bunt the leadoff runner over, especially when it is clearly going to backfire in your face.
After he won the WS, he decided to change the ballclub to even a more extreme slap hitting and bunting philosophy....and the results speak for themselves.

It's Dankerific
04-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Can we actually talk about Ozzie's **** managing instead of AGAIN trying to somehow relate this all to Brian Anderson? I know BA is the bringer of pestilence and death, but Ozzie craps himself all by himself.

Also, it be nice if you guys got your facts straight. Anderson's first game was in AUGUST and therefore NOT A SEPTEMBER CALLUP.

DumpJerry
04-09-2010, 05:30 PM

GoGo: yes, because of Ozzie's blind hatred for BA, Anderson was left off the post-season roster in 2005. However, it was his chant of "hey batta batta swing!" when Lidge hung that 2-1 fastball on Podsednik in the Ninth that caused Pods to send it deep to Right Center. If you review the video of that home run and listen very carefully, you can hear it.......

BadBobbyJenks
04-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Lol, I am even going to go look and find how this turned into a BA thread. Truly remarkable. Way to ruin my fantastic thread. :mad:

DumpJerry
04-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Lol, I am even going to go look and find how this turned into a BA thread. Truly remarkable. Way to ruin my fantastic thread. :mad:
Fantastic thread? I wasted four ****ing hours of my life freezing my ass off last night, including having snow fall on us, and you call this a fantastic thread?

This (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61100) is a fantastic thread.

Johnny Mostil
04-09-2010, 05:42 PM

I'm pretty sure it started here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2461817&postcount=238). No idea why he was dragged into it. (Well, some, but none that makes any sense.)

thomas35forever
04-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Can all the BA posts be moved? It amazes me that some people still dwell on him. He's gone, people. And learning to be a pitcher no less. Get over it.

It's Dankerific
04-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Can all the BA posts be moved? It amazes me that some people still dwell on him. He's gone, people. And learning to be a pitcher no less. Get over it.

Dontcha know? BA texted Ozzie : "can't wait to see Bacon hit here." So, Ozzie being Ozzie sent the bunt sign and replied "I run this ****ing team."

thomas35forever
04-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Dontcha know? BA texted Ozzie : "can't wait to see Bacon hit here." So, Ozzie being Ozzie sent the bunt sign and replied "I run this ****ing team."
I don't know if you love BA more or hate Ozzie more.:scratch:

It's Dankerific
04-09-2010, 05:49 PM
I don't know if you love BA more or hate Ozzie more.:scratch:

Thats easy. I dont hate Ozzie, i just don't want him managing the team.

DumpJerry
04-09-2010, 05:51 PM
If you're referring to the 9th Inning bunt especially, that is very believable. Why didn't Pierre steal Second so Gordon, an excellent doubles hitter, could swing away and win the game?

Sorry for hijacking this thread with talk about the game last night.......

It's Dankerific
04-09-2010, 05:54 PM
If you're referring to the 9th Inning bunt especially, that is very believable. Why didn't Pierre steal Second so Gordon, an excellent doubles hitter, could swing away and win the game?

Sorry for hijacking this thread with talk about the game last night.......

Or steal second and let bacon bunt him to 3rd so all you need is a deep fly?

etc. etc.

Of the possible choices. Ozzie picked the absolutely WORST one. Not surprising, to me.

PS. no sorry necessary. I've been trying to do that since post 1

BadBobbyJenks
04-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Fantastic thread? I wasted four ****ing hours of my life freezing my ass off last night, including having snow fall on us, and you call this a fantastic thread?

This (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61100) is a fantastic thread.

Lol, sarcasm fail.

SI1020
04-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Are we actually comparing the effect a backup rarely used September callup OF who never appeared on a post season roster with that of the manager who led the team to a wire to wire Division title and the best post season record since they went to the current format?

I bet the towel boy in the locker room had a bigger effect on the season than BA did, but that doesn't mean he's on the same level with Ozzie either.

Can the level of ridiculous hyperbole actually get any worse? At least for me I think that this sort of thing further marginalizes those of us that feel we have some legitimate criticism. BA has done very little in comparison to Ozzie, that is beyond obvious.

bunty_doghunter
04-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Well, we know one thing. This isn't an offense built for cold weather. Should've drafted bigger linemen.
All kidding aside, I hope the warm weather Sox we saw in the opener is closer to reality than the cold weather garbage we saw the last two nights...

It's cold in October, too...

fox23
04-09-2010, 09:07 PM

Ha, that's hilarious! You really think he had anything to do with that!