PDA

View Full Version : Willie Harris.

MarkEdward
06-16-2002, 02:11 PM
Harris was never optioned by the Orioles after his September 1st call-up in 2001. Therefore, he should have two options left.

neal
06-16-2002, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the info. Do you get 3 options total?

MarkEdward
06-16-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by neal
Thanks for the info. Do you get 3 options total?

Yes.

foulkesfan11
06-17-2002, 01:30 PM
I thought I saw Harris batting the other day. Who was sent down to bring him up?

raul12
06-17-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Harris was never optioned by the Orioles after his September 1st call-up in 2001. Therefore, he should have two options left.

i've always wondered how that worked, but felt to sheepish to ask...it seems as if you get 3 options down to the minors, and then the player can refuse? also, how long does a player have to be up before he would have to clear waivers to be sent down? and does the same thing apply in spring training, e.g. if maggs totally sucked in ST and there was no account for what he did in the past, would he be able to be sent down without clearing waivers? finally, what about injuries and rehab assignments?

sorry about all the questions...

MarkEdward
06-17-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by raul12

i've always wondered how that worked, but felt to sheepish to ask...it seems as if you get 3 options down to the minors, and then the player can refuse? also, how long does a player have to be up before he would have to clear waivers to be sent down? and does the same thing apply in spring training, e.g. if maggs totally sucked in ST and there was no account for what he did in the past, would he be able to be sent down without clearing waivers? finally, what about injuries and rehab assignments?

sorry about all the questions...

Well, if Mags still has options, I assume they could send him down without Mags having to pass through waivers. I'm probably not the one to ask these questions, but Rob Neyer has a transaction primer that should answer some of your questions:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/s/1999/0908/46397.html

raul12
06-17-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward

Well, if Mags still has options, I assume they could send him down without Mags having to pass through waivers. I'm probably not the one to ask these questions, but Rob Neyer has a transaction primer that should answer some of your questions:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/s/1999/0908/46397.html

thanks! it's all SO clear now! :)

Maggliosfan09
06-17-2002, 03:50 PM
foulkesfan Matt Ginter was sent down in order for Willie Harris to be brought up and Sandy Alomar was put on the DL and Josh Paul was brought up