PDA

View Full Version : JOE WEST NYY and Boston are a 'disgrace to baseball'

Fenway
04-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Pot calling the kettle black as West is a disgrace as well

http://www.nesn.com/2010/04/umpire-joe-west-calls-red-sox-yankees-pathetic-embarrassing-and-disgrace-to-baseball-for-slow-pace.html

VMSNS
04-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Wow. Joe West is a piece of ****, and a terrible umpire. The guy doesn't even have a neck.

Fenway
04-08-2010, 12:05 PM
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/90192892__It_s_a_disgrace_to_baseball_.html

For some reason Boston seems to get West's crew more often and it has been this way for a few years. In 2009 Boston got the crew 2 more times than any other.

thomas35forever
04-08-2010, 12:45 PM
He's got a point. How many games from both teams have extended into the wee hours of the morning, especially during the playoffs?

spawn
04-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Wow. Really? That's kinda messed up that umps can call out teams, but the moment a player or manager calls out an ump, he gets fined. That's bull****.

g0g0
04-08-2010, 01:15 PM
I do agree with West's assessment of the teams taking too long. 4 hours is way too long for a game.

SI1020
04-08-2010, 01:18 PM
I was ready to rip West and then I read the link. I'd have to say I agree with him as far as slow play is concerned. I love it when Mark Buehrle pitches, especially when he's on. When I was young I really liked watching a Bob Gibson pitched game. Sometimes he didn't even wait for a sign, just went right into his windup. When McCarver went out to the mound one time he yelled at him to go back to home plate. My kind of guy.

WhiteSox5187
04-08-2010, 01:47 PM
I do agree with West's assessment of the teams taking too long. 4 hours is way too long for a game.

It seems like every Red Sox Yankees game takes forever, I don't know if that's because they are on national TV so often so there are more ads on TV, but that is too long. I have no clue why pitchers sometimes work slowly, the best pitchers in the history of the game are the ones who usually work fast.

PalehosePlanet
04-08-2010, 01:55 PM
I was ready to rip West and then I read the link. I'd have to say I agree with him as far as slow play is concerned. I love it when Mark Buehrle pitches, especially when he's on. When I was young I really liked watching a Bob Gibson pitched game. Sometimes he didn't even wait for a sign, just went right into his windup. When McCarver went out to the mound one time he yelled at him to go back to home plate. My kind of guy.

He actually yelled/said to McCarver " Get back behind the plate! The only thing you know about pitching is that it's hard to hit!"

Classic.

Huisj
04-08-2010, 02:08 PM
I don't think I like him much, but I agree with his assessment in this case. Their games always take a crazy long time. It's like they play with this sense of "ooh, we're the Red Sox and Yankees and we're super important, so we better display our intensity in every extended grimace and facial expression and stare down!" It takes excruciatingly long sometimes for seemingly normal stretches of innings to play out.

Fenway
04-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Oh Joe West has a record album out :)

http://www.cowboyjoewest.com/diamond_dreams.htm

Twins_Morneau
04-08-2010, 02:48 PM
He has a point, 4 hours is unnecessary.

soltrain21
04-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Joe West is an idiot, but he is completely right. Their games are so incredibly boring to watch. Awful.

pythons007
04-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Getting anywhere close to 4 hours for a game without a delay or extra innings is terrible. You have high priced egos that like to play with their batting gloves, helmets, take 17 practice swings inbetween pitches, blah blah blah.

Not to mention these two teams are thrown down our throats probably 2/3s the times they play! I don't care what Joe West says, games taking that long is terrible.

Umpires should allow the pitcher to throw if the batter is out of the box for more than 3 seconds. If you're getting a sign thats one thing, but if your adjusting yourself inbetween each pitch thats another completely different story. I mean how loose can a pair of batting gloves get inbetween pitches????:scratch:

kevingrt
04-08-2010, 06:58 PM
And Joe West really calls a quick game with his inconsistent strike zone...

HomeFish
04-08-2010, 07:43 PM
It's weird to see what qualifies as "a disgrace to baseball" in the mind of an umpire.

tacosalbarojas
04-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Game passed Joe West by about ten years ago. Go play "Walk the Line" cowboy.

SOXSINCE'70
04-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Ask Phillies fans how they feel about "Cowboy Joe".:rolleyes: