PDA

View Full Version : Roll call for 04/07 (Peavy!)

GoGoCrede
04-07-2010, 11:01 AM
I will be there with my umbrella and rain boots, no matter what! They WILL get this game in, dammit!

I'm excited to see Peavy pitch.

SoxGirl4Life
04-07-2010, 11:01 AM
I will be there with my umbrella and rain boots, no matter what! They WILL get this game in, dammit!

I'm excited to see Peavy pitch.

Maybe I'll see you there!

GoGoCrede
04-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Maybe I'll see you there!

Hah! :wink: Maybe we'll even be sitting next to each other, imagine that! LOL

DSpivack
04-07-2010, 11:03 AM
I'll be in Sec. 151, with a fleece and maybe another jacket as well as a raincoat. :tongue:

BainesHOF
04-07-2010, 11:04 AM
I'll be there in the 20-something row behind the visitors dugout.

JohnTucker0814
04-07-2010, 11:07 AM
I'll be there in the club level, so I won't be needing an umbrella for most of the game...

Hopefully there is a nice 3-4 hour window of no rain!

SoxGirl4Life
04-07-2010, 11:09 AM
I'll be in Sec. 151, with a fleece and maybe another jacket as well as a raincoat. :tongue:

I'll be wearing a t-shirt, a jersey, a hoodie, AND a jacket as well as a ski hat and sox cap. lol.. Its COLD right now.

Metalthrasher442
04-07-2010, 11:14 AM
I'll be there club level behind home plate!

I'm praying for a couple two or three hour windows of no rain!! hopefully Peavy's start doesn't get split up due to rain delays =/

SoxGirl4Life
04-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Hah! :wink: Maybe we'll even be sitting next to each other, imagine that! LOL

If the rain holds off, I'll be one happy camper!

Chez
04-07-2010, 11:38 AM
I'll be there. Section 137, Row 12. Wet and cold.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
04-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Won't be there anymore. My friend backed out. Also, I have bowling tonight at 11:30 PM, so I wouldn't be able to make it to bowling if there were any rain delays.

We re-scheduled for Friday night against the Twins.

Good luck, have fun, and stay warm, whoever is going!

soxfanreggie
04-07-2010, 12:44 PM
To all going, have fun. I'm stuck going to the Rays game tonight - wish it was the Sox!

gobears1987
04-07-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm sitting Section 312. First time at club level

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-07-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm not opposed to a little rain delay - I don't get out of class til 8:50! Damn you psych! :tongue:

Cannot wait for The Jake Peavy Show to start.

bestkosher
04-07-2010, 12:53 PM
I will be there...my first game in three years

Soxfan7070
04-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Definitely going to be there. I always seem to have rain delay tickets every year. Can't miss the Peavy debut though.

BadBobbyJenks
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I will be there in the bleachers. Probably going to get rained out since the only game I went to with my same college friends last year was a rain out.

thedudeabides
04-07-2010, 02:00 PM
I will be there in the bleachers. Probably going to get rained out since the only game I went to with my same college friends last year was a rain out.

I'm suppose to be in the bleachers tonight, as well. Something came up at work and I have no idea if I can make it now. I'm hoping they make some sort of announcement over the next couple of hours. They have been pretty good about that the last couple of years.

Over By There
04-07-2010, 02:19 PM
I will be there for one my my few games each year, Sec. 113 about row 19 IIRC. I have mixed emotions - I don't have many opportunities to see a game at the Cell, but living in the South has made me into a bit of a wimp with the weather and I'm already having trepidation. :redface:

SoxGirl4Life
04-07-2010, 02:39 PM
I will be there for one my my few games each year, Sec. 113 about row 19 IIRC. I have mixed emotions - I don't have many opportunities to see a game at the Cell, but living in the South has made me into a bit of a wimp with the weather and I'm already having trepidation. :redface:

You'll be fine. Wear layers and something waterproof. Don't forget gloves and something for your face. Don't talk yourself out of enjoying a game just because of the weather!

soltrain21
04-07-2010, 03:05 PM
I'll be on my couch watching the game with an already brutal cold.

harwar
04-07-2010, 03:24 PM
some of these posts make a sick old man smile :) thinking back .. some of my most happy memories at ballgames involve rain delays .. oh and when in doubt .. just go .. i've been at games where i was shivering so bad that i thought i was dancing, but i loved every second of it .. even if you're soaked and frozen .. it will feel great afterward in some warm place with friends or the one you love ..

kufram
04-07-2010, 04:14 PM
I'll be staying up til gametime in England. First pitch at 1:10 AM but I want to see Peavy work and this team win.

SephClone89
04-07-2010, 05:16 PM
I'll be staying up til gametime in England. First pitch at 1:10 AM but I want to see Peavy work and this team win.

Awesome. Are you English then? Just got confirmation yesterday morning that I'm studying at the University of Leicester in the fall. I will be leaving towards the end of September, so with any luck we'll still be in contention and I'll be buying mlb.tv for the end of the season and the playoffs!

soxfanreggie
04-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Awesome. Are you English then? Just got confirmation yesterday morning that I'm studying at the University of Leicester in the fall. I will be leaving towards the end of September, so with any luck we'll still be in contention and I'll be buying mlb.tv for the end of the season and the playoffs!

Studying at UL...you must be a Redbird! Best of luck over there. Hopefully you have no problems with MLB.TV.

kufram
04-08-2010, 06:51 AM
Not English. I was born and raised in Indiana with a transistor radio glued to my ear all summer. Baseball was this distant paridise that came through the ether. I've lived here for over 25 years and for years I had to follow the White sox a couple of days behind through the Internation Tribune. The internet makes it more immediate and in April the day games mean I can watch them live. Good luck in Leicester. Why england for you?

SephClone89
04-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Not English. I was born and raised in Indiana with a transistor radio glued to my ear all summer. Baseball was this distant paridise that came through the ether. I've lived here for over 25 years and for years I had to follow the White sox a couple of days behind through the Internation Tribune. The internet makes it more immediate and in April the day games mean I can watch them live. Good luck in Leicester. Why england for you?

I've been an Anglophile pretty much my entire life. English soccer, music, tv. Always been a dream to go there, and when it became clear thath I'd be able to stay there for an extended period of time I jumped.