PDA

View Full Version : Calls for Buehrle's play

thomas35forever
04-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Did anyone else see the video showing the calls from both team's TV and radio feeds? Pretty cool. I also feel the Indians' announcer was more excited about it than Farmer.

Ranger
04-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Did anyone else see the video showing the calls from both team's TV and radio feeds? Pretty cool. I also feel the Indians' announcer was more excited about it than Farmer.

Farmer didn't make the call.

thomas35forever
04-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Farmer didn't make the call.
Who was that then? DJ?

DonnieDarko
04-07-2010, 12:24 AM
That was DJ, yeah.

JohnTucker0814
04-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Any links to these said video's???

DonnieDarko
04-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Any links to these said video's???

Look at whitesox.com. You can find one there for sure...

doublem23
04-07-2010, 06:42 AM
This is the video that has all the different calls.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=7285867&c_id=cws

kevingrt
04-07-2010, 07:34 AM
The Indian's radio guy (last clip on highlight) had a pretty epic call of the play. I usually like that guy a lot though. He is a big homer like Hawk but he is very into the game and gets extra pissed when the Indian's mess up.

spawn
04-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Say what you want about DJ, but I think he did an excellent job describing that play.

Balfanman
04-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Say what you want about DJ, but I think he did an excellent job describing that play.

I agree. I think that overall Farmer & D.J. get too much flack. While nothing compares to the Rooney / Farmer duo, I think Farmer and D.J. are pleasant to listen to. I'm someone who catches 120 + games a year on radio.

VMSNS
04-07-2010, 08:05 AM

Haha, that last call is awesome. Guy sounds so excited!

Jim Shorts
04-07-2010, 08:43 AM

Thanks for sharing that. I love hearing the different announcers.

Great stuff in that link.

jmeneghini1433
04-07-2010, 08:52 AM
The Indian's radio guy (last clip on highlight) had a pretty epic call of the play. I usually like that guy a lot though. He is a big homer like Hawk but he is very into the game and gets extra pissed when the Indian's mess up.

I've always like this guys commentary.

Chez
04-07-2010, 09:09 AM

Tom Hamilton. He's very good. He also does basketball on the Big 10 Network.

veeter
04-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Say what you want about DJ, but I think he did an excellent job describing that play.From the flip on I agree, but the, "That's going to leave a mark", comment right after the ball hit Mark, was pretty lame IMO.

slavko
04-07-2010, 10:07 AM
I haven't been on this site for a few days, but did anyone mention that he likely made a skate save on the ball rather than being hit by it? Instinctive reaction, makes the play even more remarkable if I'm right.

doublem23
04-07-2010, 10:10 AM
I haven't been on this site for a few days, but did anyone mention that he likely made a skate save on the ball rather than being hit by it? Instinctive reaction, makes the play even more remarkable if I'm right.

I think in the 1/10th of a second it took the ball to get back at him, it just so happened to hit his foot.

DonnieDarko
04-07-2010, 10:16 AM
I think in the 1/10th of a second it took the ball to get back at him, it just so happened to hit his foot.

To me it looked like he stuck his foot out in order to stop it.

doublem23
04-07-2010, 10:39 AM
To me it looked like he stuck his foot out in order to stop it.

I think he just reacted to a ball being hit back at him, I really think you're underestimating how fast those things move, it just so happened that his foot wound up in the same spot as that ball.

RhubarbStew
04-07-2010, 10:51 AM
I think he just reacted to a ball being hit back at him, I really think you're underestimating how fast those things move, it just so happened that his foot wound up in the same spot as that ball.

Buehrle did say in the post game press conference that he believes he did stick his foot out to stop it and that it's a habit he has that may get him hurt one day.

ktssox
04-07-2010, 10:57 AM

Actually, I read an article in the Sun-Times about the play yesterday where Buehrle himself said that he has a tendency to throw out any body part to knock a ball down that's coming his way. He said he realizes he may get hurt someday because of that.

doublem23
04-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Actually, I read an article in the Sun-Times about the play yesterday where Buehrle himself said that he has a tendency to throw out any body part to knock a ball down that's coming his way. He said he realizes he may get hurt someday because of that.

I guess I wasn't clear enough, I'm not saying he stood there like a statue, but still, I don't think you can plan on how a ball will deflect off you, especially if you're a pitcher. Maybe he got his foot out there, but it was mostly dumb luck the ball happened to hit him there perfectly.

KenBerryGrab
04-07-2010, 11:10 AM

No, that was as deft a kick save as you'd see from any hockey goalie.

Not luck. Not smart, maybe, but not lucky.