View Full Version : Yanks / Brewers Revenue Sharing Feud

Lip Man 1
04-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Both sides have solid points:

http://sports.espn.go.com/newyork/mlb/news/story?id=5060292

Lip

TomBradley72
04-06-2010, 11:59 PM
Levine's quote is a bit misleading, referring to "hundreds of millions of dollars"...but over 7 years, it's only an average of $25M/year...then spread across multiple teams.

Milwaukee vs. New York is where the local tv/radio revenue discrepency really exposes the disparities in MLB. I'd like to see Levine build a team around the Brewers revenue stream.

cws05champ
04-07-2010, 08:04 AM
Both sides have solid points:

http://sports.espn.go.com/newyork/mlb/news/story?id=5060292

Lip

Another Yankee idiot. The Brewers are just saying what everyone thinks and knows. The Yankees payroll is what causes a lot of the imbalance "issues".

ewokpelts
04-07-2010, 08:06 AM
This is why the sox model(break even) is better than any other model out in mlb.

asindc
04-07-2010, 08:15 AM
I agree with the Yanks that there should be specific accounting for the revenue shared in terms of being spent on certain things (i.e., player payroll, scouting, etc.), but they come off as hypocrites in asking for such. No such specific accounting has been forthcoming from the Yanks (or any other team, for that matter) when MLB teams have been asked to show their financial accounting records.

That said, Levine should trade places with his Milwaukee counterpart to see how the other half lives.

BRDSR
04-07-2010, 09:36 AM
This is why the sox model(break even) is better than any other model out in mlb.

Agreed...but it probably requires having a baseball fan at the helm. The value of the White Sox has certainly increased since Reinsdorf bought in, but I'd be interested to know how much he's made liquid in that time...my sense is that it's not that much (in a relative sense, obviously).

cards press box
04-07-2010, 11:33 PM
I'd like to see Levine build a team around the Brewers revenue stream.

How about it? Imagine the shock when Levine finds that the Milwaukee revenue stream will barely cover the cost of the current Yankee infield, if that.

Irishsox1
04-08-2010, 02:11 PM
The owner of the Brewers should spend less time worrying about the Yankees and more time studying what the Twins are doing.

GoSox2K3
04-09-2010, 09:15 AM
The owner of the Brewers should spend less time worrying about the Yankees and more time studying what the Twins are doing.

They should be shooting for an early exit from the playoffs every year?:scratch:

In case you haven't noticed, the Brewers have actually have become more competitive in recent years. 10 years ago, Milwaukee seemed like another KC or Pittsburgh - no playoff appearance in ages and chronically low attendance. They made the playoffs in 2008 and have a fair amount of talent. Plus they now have pretty good attendance.

....they can at least be thankful that they're in the NL now and not facing the probability of having the Yankees and Red Sox spend their way past everyone else to the pennant year after year after year.

The competitive balance in baseball is very broken - especially in the American League.

Bobby Jenks
04-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Say what you will about the twins, but you have to admire their minor league system. What team can lose Torri Hunter and replace him with a Denard Span? The only flaw seems to be power pitchers. I don't think i have ever seen one team with so many guys who throw the same stuff and speed.