PDA

View Full Version : Do the Sox still have those awesome nacho stands?

doublem23
04-06-2010, 09:47 PM
For anyone who was at the game yesterday, do the Sox still have those killer nacho stands? They were new last year and they were cheap and delicious. I guess I'm going to find out Saturday, but I want to know if I should eat on the way (I can get a way better hot dog anywhere around the park for a fraction of the price) or if I should wait for nacho bliss.

soxfan21
04-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Yes they do, and yes they are awesome.

Rdy2PlayBall
04-06-2010, 09:58 PM
The ones where you can get anything you want on them? If so, then YES! I definitely got those yesterday. :bandance:

The cool part was that outside, they gave me $5 in the park money for taking a 5minute tour of a car. So my nachos were only $3! (they rose the price .$50, but they added pork as an option for meat)

hi im skot
04-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Yep, but they no longer have ground beef. It's been replaced with shredded beef.

GoGoCrede
04-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Yep, but they no longer have ground beef. It's been replaced with shredded beef.

Total upgrade, in my opinion.

HomeFish
04-06-2010, 10:18 PM

oh no, how will I cope with this superior new product

Rdy2PlayBall
04-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Total upgrade, in my opinion.It tasted a lot better, it's just harder to eat because I couldn't get an equal amount on each chip. It was just my luck that I got a guy who didn't get any training yet, it took forever and I got half as many chips. :(: I'm sure it was better on the 100 level.

hi im skot
04-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Total upgrade, in my opinion.

oh no, how will I cope with this superior new product

I didn't have it, by my sister and her boyfriend (who ate a lot of nachos last year) were disappointed.

I look forward to deciding for myself next game.

DSpivack
04-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Shall I try these tomorrow? Where are they?

Don't know if I noticed this last year in the 5 games I got to.

GoGoCrede
04-06-2010, 10:32 PM
I didn't have it, by my sister and her boyfriend (who ate a lot of nachos last year) were disappointed.

I look forward to deciding for myself next game.

I think shredded beef works better on tacos. Is there a build your own taco stand? I rarely venture away from my usual hot-dog-and-a-Pepsi-with-an-occasional-beer menu.

doublem23
04-06-2010, 10:41 PM

Not sure where it was in the Lower Bowl but last year in the Upper Deck they were in the UP concourse, slightly up the 1B/RF line. Totally worth it by ballpark standard, but remember last year the stands only took cash.

BadBobbyJenks
04-06-2010, 10:44 PM

I know last year there was one by my seats in 115ish

Rdy2PlayBall
04-06-2010, 10:47 PM
I know last year there was one by my seats in 115ishAnd there is one near section 520 (give or take 10).

I think it's definitely worth giving it a try, it's like a tradition me and my grandpa have, we love 'em! You can also skip the nachos and have it as a burrito. (didn't check, but they did that last year)

Ranger
04-07-2010, 01:18 AM
It tasted a lot better, it's just harder to eat because I couldn't get an equal amount on each chip. It was just my luck that I got a guy who didn't get any training yet, it took forever and I got half as many chips. :(: I'm sure it was better on the 100 level.

I really don't know why for sure, but I found this post to be hilarious. Maybe because I'm picturing a guy "suffering" through the chore of trying to maximize a meat per chip ratio.

DSpivack
04-07-2010, 01:22 AM
And there is one near section 520 (give or take 10).

I think it's definitely worth giving it a try, it's like a tradition me and my grandpa have, we love 'em! You can also skip the nachos and have it as a burrito. (didn't check, but they did that last year)

I might just try that. Less messy and I like burritos more than nachos. But then that means skipping a hot dog at my first game of the year [although that isn't as hard as it used to be, considering no more Best's].

Rohan
04-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Wow... Have I really been missing out on these Nachos for this long? Any time i've bought nacho's at the cell they've been the typical cheese and jalapenos.

I don't know how I could have missed something like this for this long. I guess I'll have to look for them next time i'm at a game.

SephClone89
04-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Wow... Have I really been missing out on these Nachos for this long? Any time i've bought nacho's at the cell they've been the typical cheese and jalapenos.

I don't know how I could have missed something like this for this long. I guess I'll have to look for them next time i'm at a game.

These only showed up last year, IIRC.

I've never had them either, though. Are they filling enough?

IlliniSox4Life
04-07-2010, 04:34 AM
They are pretty solid.

I had them from the stand in the 500 level yesterday. My biggest complaint is that it took forever. (for some reason when I got in line there were like 4 people in front of me. It took about 10 minutes to serve 2 of them, until some other guy came over the help. By that time the line was like 25 people long). Also, I didn't get a ton of chips either, but I think it was cause the guy who came over was rushing to make the line shorter. Also I wish the cheese was melted and not shredded.

You could get them made as fajitas, burritos, or nachos.

ewokpelts
04-07-2010, 08:41 AM
The ones where you can get anything you want on them? If so, then YES! I definitely got those yesterday. :bandance:

The cool part was that outside, they gave me $5 in the park money for taking a 5minute tour of a car. So my nachos were only $3! (they rose the price .$50, but they added pork as an option for meat)wha?

roylestillman
04-07-2010, 08:45 AM
They are pretty solid.

I had them from the stand in the 500 level yesterday. My biggest complaint is that it took forever. (for some reason when I got in line there were like 4 people in front of me. It took about 10 minutes to serve 2 of them, until some other guy came over the help. By that time the line was like 25 people long). Also, I didn't get a ton of chips either, but I think it was cause the guy who came over was rushing to make the line shorter. Also I wish the cheese was melted and not shredded.

You could get them made as fajitas, burritos, or nachos.

This became my standard lunch at day games.

Harry Potter
04-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I believe there is also one outside 153/152 in the lower bowl as well

RustyKuntz
04-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Here's the concession list from the Sox web site. This will show you where to get nachos/burritos/tacos. They don't list everything (like the BBQ Pulled Pork stand...THAT is my favorite).

ALL-STAR STANDS
Sections 101, 113, 130, 151, 163, 510, 522, 529 & 554
Traditional ballpark fare like hot dogs, pretzels and beverages. Hot Dog Value Meals are available at all stands. Section 529 also offers veggie dogs and sandwiches.

BURGER BARN
Sections 537
Sausage pattie burgers, turkey burgers and Vienna Beef burgers.

CONNIE'S PIZZA
Sections 122, 155, 163, 522 & 544
Slices of delicious cheese, sausage and pepperoni pizza, Edy's ice cream and beverages.

FAN DECK
Center field
Featuring hamburgers, bratwurst, All Beef dogs, veggie dogs, popcorn chicken, veggie burgers, frozen drinks and more.

FUNNEL CAKES
Sections 110, 158, 526 & 544
Classic treats served plain or with toppings.

GO GO SOX GRILLE
Section 120

SOUTH SIDE HITMEN GRILLE
Sections 139 & 544
Grilled favorites like steak and chicken sandwiches, veggie burgers, Hamburger Value Meals, snacks and beverages. Go Go Sox Grille also features veggie dogs.

SAUZA CANTINA
Section 164
Frozen margaritas, fajitas, tacos and other Mexican favorites.

TEX MEX
Sections 123, 153 & 524
Build your own nachos, tacos and fajitas.

LOLLAR'S GUARD THE PLATE GRILL
Section 524
Fan favorites including bratwurst, veggie burgers, Hamburger Value Meals, nachos and beverages.

ROOKIE'S CLUB
Sections 100 & 540
Kid-sized concession stand serving peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and other kid favorites.

SWEET SPOT
Section 540
Delectable desserts including soft serve ice cream, cookies, brownies and Edy's ice cream.

TRIPLE PLAY CAFÉ
Section 110
Great deli sandwiches including roast beef, turkey and corned beef, as well as taco salads, burritos, nachos and more.

WINNING UGLY IS SWEET
Section 143
Sweets and treats such as waffle cones, brownies, soft serve and more.

VEGGIE LOVERS!
U.S. Cellular Field offers cheese quesadillas, veggie dogs and garden burgers on all levels!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ballpark/cws_concessions.jsp

Marqhead
04-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Alright someone help me out. I need a run down of the toppings they offer.

twsoxfan5
04-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Alright someone help me out. I need a run down of the toppings they offer.

OK I'll give this a shot:

Step 1: Choose; tacos, burrito, or nachos

Step 2: Choose; shredded pork, shredded beef, or chicken

Step 3: Choose toppings; black beans, lettuce, shredded cheese, tomatoes, jalapenos, sour cream, guac, and salsa.

And for the person who asked if it was enough food, yes it is plenty for one and most of the time my sister and I share it. I personally liked the ground beef better, but the shredded is still good. It is hard to explain but for me low quality ground beef is better then low quality shredded beef. Also the new Mission chips do not hold up as well in these as the Azteca did. The quality is better but they are a little thinner and white corn instead of the heavier duty yellow corn. So these are more difficult to eat.

Marqhead
04-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Excellent rundown, that sounds delicious. Can you choose as many of the toppings from the #3 list as you want?

doublem23
04-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Excellent rundown, that sounds delicious. Can you choose as many of the toppings from the #3 list as you want?

:yup:

Marqhead
04-07-2010, 03:37 PM
:yup:

:thumbsup: to the Whitesox. This will be my go to item after the usual hot dog with onions.

LauraJ14
04-07-2010, 04:22 PM
I had them on Monday, didn't like the carnitas meat at all, prefered the ground beef or chicken from last year. I had them several times last year and usually shared them with my dad cause there was too much to eat for me. Don't know if it was opening day but they were kind of cheap with the toppings and really slow making them in the upper deck. I will give them another shot later in the season to see if there is any improvement.

salty99
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Also the new Mission chips do not hold up as well in these as the Azteca did. The quality is better but they are a little thinner and white corn instead of the heavier duty yellow corn. So these are more difficult to eat.

I didn't like the new chips at all.

spongyfungy
04-08-2010, 01:55 AM
Here's the concession list from the Sox web site. This will show you where to get nachos/burritos/tacos. They don't list everything (like the BBQ Pulled Pork stand...THAT is my favorite).

I'm looking for the corn on the cob stand. I promise myself to get one of those but every time I get to the stand, they are always packing it up.

I have to say the tex mex stand is awesome. Well worth the 8 bucks.

DSpivack
04-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Got it yesterday with a burrito and the pork, it was good.

mcgeez8
04-08-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm looking for the corn on the cob stand. I promise myself to get one of those but every time I get to the stand, they are always packing it up.

I have to say the tex mex stand is awesome. Well worth the 8 bucks.

The "elotes" as they call them, are excellent!

ewokpelts
04-08-2010, 03:59 PM

I have to say the tex mex stand is awesome. Well worth the 8 bucks.behind home plate on the 500 level. they dont close up shop til close to the end of the game.

BadBobbyJenks
04-08-2010, 05:19 PM
I enjoyed em yesterday and the person next to me didn't want any of the meat so I asked for their portion. And I was awarded double meat for free.

soltrain21
04-08-2010, 05:54 PM
I enjoyed em yesterday and the person next to me didn't want any of the meat so I asked for their portion. And I was awarded double meat for free.

Employee's name, please.

BadBobbyJenks
04-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Employee's name, please.

Don't remember but it was the one if 153.

getonbckthr
04-08-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm not a fan of the Brand switch in the nacho chips. Also what happened to the Steak Pitas and Corned Beef? Also what was up with Churro sales being cutoff before that of beer sales?

GoGoCrede
04-08-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm not a fan of the Brand switch in the nacho chips. Also what happened to the Steak Pitas and Corned Beef? Also what was up with Churro sales being cutoff before that of beer sales?

What? This must be remedied immediately!

BadBobbyJenks
04-08-2010, 07:05 PM

They got rid of the steak pitas? Damn I was a big fan, but I didn't look for it yesterday.

Rdy2PlayBall
04-08-2010, 07:11 PM
wha?Outside, it was Chevy I think.... They just walked me around a car they had parked and were awarding anyone who did it $5. It was short... and I got a free t-shirt too. I think people should stop passing by those booths with free stuff and just fill out the forms and do what they ask, it's SO easy. I've gotten towels, shirts, comisky cash... fun stuff. :cool:

getonbckthr
04-08-2010, 07:12 PM
What? This must be remedied immediately!
I was furious....
They got rid of the steak pitas? Damn I was a big fan, but I didn't look for it yesterday.
Not as furious as the churro situation, however I was displeased

ewokpelts
04-09-2010, 09:06 AM
corned beef is in the new carvery area

ewokpelts
04-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Outside, it was Chevy I think.... They just walked me around a car they had parked and were awarding anyone who did it $5. It was short... and I got a free t-shirt too. I think people should stop passing by those booths with free stuff and just fill out the forms and do what they ask, it's SO easy. I've gotten towels, shirts, comisky cash... fun stuff. :cool:i filled out the formon OD, but no car tour. did get a shirt though. I'll do this saturday

doublem23
04-11-2010, 10:23 AM
I will agree that they took a step back with the quality of chips in the nachos, but that shredded beef is so much better than ground beef, words cannot describe it. Holy smokes. They're even better than they were last year, and for $8 you just can't beat it.

DSpivack
04-11-2010, 10:45 AM
I will agree that they took a step back with the quality of chips in the nachos, but that shredded beef is so much better than ground beef, words cannot describe it. Holy smokes. They're even better than they were last year, and for $8 you just can't beat it.

Maybe I'll try the beef today, since I had the pork on wednesday.