PDA

View Full Version : Beckham on B&B Today

BadBobbyJenks
04-06-2010, 03:47 PM
http://www.670thescore.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4539669

Some funny stuff in there. Really enjoyed the Pods and Quentin talk.

spawn
04-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Good interview. The more he talks, the more I like him. Seems very level-headed and doesn't appear to have too much of an ego. As a professional athlete, he has to have one. but he doesn't carry himself as someone that thinks he's better than everyone else.

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-06-2010, 04:11 PM
"He's the caveman." :D:

Great interview thanks for the link BBJ!

BadBobbyJenks
04-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Good interview. The more he talks, the more i like him. Seems very level-headed and doesn't appear to have to much of an ego. As a professional athlete, he has to have one. but he doesn't carry himself as someone that thinks he's better than everyone else.

I agree. He seemed really stunned by that article about him being the 2B of the decade. He didn't even know what to say.

spawn
04-06-2010, 04:19 PM
I agree. He seemed really stunned by that article about him being the 2B of the decade. He didn't even know what to say.
He knew exactly what to say...he brought up other second baseman he felt were worthy of that spot as well (Cano, Kinsler, Pedroia). That was a great answer, right after he said "I'll probably stink now.":redneck

chisoxfanatic
04-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Good interview. The more he talks, the more I like him. Seems very level-headed and doesn't appear to have too much of an ego. As a professional athlete, he has to have one. but he doesn't carry himself as someone that thinks he's better than everyone else.
I agree. He seems to be classy in all ways. He doesn't seem full of himself, and I hope that continues. He also seems like he will make a good team leader once guys like Paulie are gone in a couple years.

TomBradley72
04-06-2010, 05:34 PM
"That's nice!"

(funny how that fires up Buehrle)

rdwj
04-06-2010, 05:59 PM
"That's nice!"

(funny how that fires up Buehrle)

Good sign idea!

Beckham seem to get it - don't know what else to say about the guy. Hope he's here for a LONG time and does what so many seem to think he's capable of doing.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Only Beckham could get me to listen to B & B. Very funny about Burls picking off Pods.

Paulwny
04-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Ya know, the only negative in the interview, ya know, was Beckham saying ya know frequently.

SephClone89
04-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Ya know, the only negative in the interview, ya know, was Beckham saying ya know frequently.

Nothing wrong with that.

Soxgirl22
04-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks so much for posting the link, I really enjoyed that. I love him more and more as I see/hear him.

Also, a vast majority of people say "you know" in interviews, I just tune that out.

soxinem1
04-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks so much for posting the link, I really enjoyed that. I love him more and more as I see/hear him.

Also, a vast majority of people say "you know" in interviews, I just tune that out.

You know that's right!!!:smile:

BadBobbyJenks
04-06-2010, 09:12 PM

Anything for Mrs. Podsednik.

TheOldRoman
04-06-2010, 09:40 PM

Also, a vast majority of people say "you know" in interviews, I just tune that out.Crede was really bad with that. He was a horrible interview.

Soxgirl22
04-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Crede was really bad with that. He was a horrible interview.

It's been my observation that it's kind of athletes in general. But I do remember Crede in particular too.

And thanks, BBJ. :smile:

RedPinStripes
04-06-2010, 10:52 PM
He's pretty damn funny and looks like a hell of a player.