PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Barons Roster

DirtySox
04-06-2010, 02:42 PM
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100405&content_id=9081190&vkey=news_t247&fext=.jsp&sid=t247

Players to note/watch:

-Jhonny Nunez (is now starting)
-Charles Shirek
-Brent Morel
-Christian Marrero
-John Shelby

A rather sad group in AA this year.

sox1970
04-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Not like last year:
Viciedo, Beckham, Retherford, Allen, Danks, and Flowers. The extent of me following the Sox minor league teams this year will be when Dan Hudson starts. Other than that, I'll check stats once in a while.

DirtySox
04-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Not like last year:
Viciedo, Beckham, Retherford, Allen, Danks, and Flowers. The extent of me following the Sox minor league teams this year will be when Dan Hudson starts. Other than that, I'll check stats once in a while.

The bulk of the top prospects are of course in Charlotte this year. The farm system is still in a rather sad state as evidenced by most of the rosters I've posted. I'm hoping some of the Kanny prospects break out. Other than that, I'm interested in how David Holmberg and Trayce Thompson perform once rookie ball starts.

TomBradley72
04-06-2010, 03:51 PM
AA would look a little better with Mitchell in the OF...speaks to state of the farm system a few years ago...there's no "wave" of prospects behind Beckham and the AAA group.

khan
04-06-2010, 03:58 PM
While not a "wave," I still like Morel quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if it were HE and not Viciedo that ends up taking Teahen's job in ~2012 or so.

oeo
04-06-2010, 04:44 PM
While not a "wave," I still like Morel quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if it were HE and not Viciedo that ends up taking Teahen's job in ~2012 or so.

Viciedo is already starting the shift to 1B.

Why were Danks and Viciedo promoted?

BadBobbyJenks
04-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Where is Jared Mitchell playing?

Oh I missed the injury on him.

khan
04-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Viciedo is already starting the shift to 1B.
I'd thought that they were keeping him @ 3rd, at least part time, no?

Why were Danks and Viciedo promoted?
I'd imagine that Danks is @ Charlotte, so as to improve his trade value.

Randar68
04-06-2010, 06:27 PM
I'd imagine that Danks is @ Charlotte, so as to improve his trade value.

:scratch:

Huh? I don't think you've followed this closely enough if you think Danks has been moved along for trade value purposes. He played 73 games in AA last year and played well in the AFL and spring training. It's the next step.

Also, when Ozzie and Kenny are in love with a guy, they are usually terribly hesitant to trade him. Given they have drafted the kid twice, paid him well, have his brother to keep happy and sign long term in the not to distant future...

well... not saying he will never be traded, but it's extremely unlikely unless they are trying to land a guy of Peavy-like stature.

Lip Man 1
04-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Buddy Bell said in the conference call to my question about Shelby that "he looks the best I've ever seen him." and that he expects him to be reassigned to Charlotte before the end of their season.

Lip

cards press box
04-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Where is Jared Mitchell playing?

Oh I missed the injury on him.

Are the Sox planning on Mitchell playing at all in the minors in 2010 or are the Sox hoping for Mitchell to play in the AFL this fall?

cards press box
04-07-2010, 01:28 AM
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100405&content_id=9081190&vkey=news_t247&fext=.jsp&sid=t247

Players to note/watch:

-Charles Shirek
-Brent Morel
-Christian Marrero
-John Shelby

Morel is a potential bright spot. He has a strong glove and showed some offensive skills in the AFL last year.

DirtySox
04-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Morel is a potential bright spot. He has a strong glove and showed some offensive skills in the AFL last year.

Yep. Morel is pretty much the only touted prospect in AA. It's Morel and a bunch of "meh." I really like him, but I have a feeling he is tradebait.

Mitchell isn't playing this year at all according to reports. He also mentioned as such during last Friday's LSU/Georgia game when he was being interviewed. He mentioned there is a possibility he will play in the AFL/Winter Ball.

KyWhiSoxFan
04-07-2010, 01:21 PM

Players to note/watch:

-Charles Shirek
-Brent Morel
-Christian Marrero
-John Shelby

Two other pitchers to watch are Henry Mabee and Miguel Socolovich. I like Mabee as a reliever. We'll see if he can keep moving up. Socolovich, for a guy who weighs so little (155 is his listed weight), can really whip the ball and gets it up there in the low 90s. If he can put some weight on his 6'1" frame, he might be all right.

khan
04-07-2010, 01:34 PM
:scratch:

Huh? I don't think you've followed this closely enough if you think Danks has been moved along for trade value purposes. He played 73 games in AA last year and played well in the AFL and spring training. It's the next step.
I agree with your statement about Danks' performance in AFL. And I like Jordan Danks, as do KW and OG. But, given the makeup of the current OF in Chicago:

Rios looks like a fixture in CF for a few years, for better or for worse.
Quentin looks like the cornerstone upon which KW will build the lineup for years to come. Barring injury, he should be in RF for years to come.
Pierre is aging in LF, and could be replaced at some point. But Jordan Danks won't be a leadoff-type hitter in MLB. Given the lack of a viable successor @ the leadoff spot, my assumption is that LF will be the spot from which the next leadoff hitter will come. [There won't be a leadoff man playing 1B/2B/3B/C for this team; SS is one possibility, however.]

Also, when Ozzie and Kenny are in love with a guy, they are usually terribly hesitant to trade him. Given they have drafted the kid twice, paid him well, have his brother to keep happy and sign long term in the not to distant future...

well... not saying he will never be traded, but it's extremely unlikely unless they are trying to land a guy of Peavy-like stature.
I think that a lack of a spot for Jordan Danks will necessitate this, unfortunately.

khan
04-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Yep. Morel is pretty much the only touted prospect in AA. It's Morel and a bunch of "meh." I really like him, but I have a feeling he is tradebait.
I actually have the opposite view, given that there really aren't any other options in the system for a future replacement for Teahen. Now, KW may again fill 3B via a trade or FA signing in a few seasons. But given what we know today, Morel looks like the most likely heir to that position, until he proves himself NOT to be, which would lead to KW's wheeling and dealing.

Jeff B
04-07-2010, 01:50 PM
I actually have the opposite view, given that there really aren't any other options in the system for a future replacement for Teahen. Now, KW may again fill 3B via a trade or FA signing in a few seasons. But given what we know today, Morel looks like the most likely heir to that position, until he proves himself NOT to be, which would lead to KW's wheeling and dealing.
Three years is plenty of time to find alternative replacements though, and it's also a long time to keep your heir waiting in the wings.

That said I wouldn't trade him, unless he's the deal breaker in an A-Gon deal, but that's because I think Teahen will flop.

Randar68
04-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Rios looks like a fixture in CF for a few years, for better or for worse. Quentin looks like the cornerstone upon which KW will build the lineup for years to come. Barring injury, he should be in RF for years to come. Pierre is aging in LF, and could be replaced at some point. But Jordan Danks won't be a leadoff-type hitter in MLB. Given the lack of a viable successor @ the leadoff spot, my assumption is that LF will be the spot from which the next leadoff hitter will come. [There won't be a leadoff man playing 1B/2B/3B/C for this team; SS is one possibility, however.

Beckham has shown he can play either 2B or 3B, so there is no reason a future leadoff hitter won't be at 2B. Rios can also play RF or LF at a high level, so I don't think it's an obvious assumption that precludes a future leadoff man in CF.

That being said, this team hasn't had a true leadoff man for more than a brief snippet of time since Lance Johnson!

khan
04-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Three years is plenty of time to find alternative replacements though, and it's also a long time to keep your heir waiting in the wings.

That said I wouldn't trade him, unless he's the deal breaker in an A-Gon deal, but that's because I think Teahen will flop.
We agree on the bolded part. I always cheer for every White Sox player. But, I've seen scant evidence that Teahen will be a high-quality player at that position, both offensively and defensively.

I suspect that if Morel continues to progress, that Teahen's 3rd season under contract will be spent as a utility player for this team. That is, IF he's still on the team. Meanwhile, Morel would then take over the starting 3B spot.

khan
04-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Beckham has shown he can play either 2B or 3B, so there is no reason a future leadoff hitter won't be at 2B. Rios can also play RF or LF at a high level, so I don't think it's an obvious assumption that precludes a future leadoff man in CF.
Sure. The future leadoff man could come from virtually any position. And it is entirely possible that KW wheels/deals to find other pieces that could change the current calculus.

But [right now] there isn't another solution at 2B in the system that is also a leadoff man. There isn't another solution at SS or at 3B that are leadoff men. So, moving Beckham [again], so as to accomodate a 2B/leadoff man, particularly when KW signed Teahen for the next 3 seasons, seems unlikely.

The problem SPECIFICALLY with Danks remaining in this roster are three-fold:

1. He's an OFer on a club with at least 2 OF spots already solidified/occupied for the foreseeable future.
2. The one OFer without a foreseeable future in the team [due to age] is also the leadoff man in the lineup.
3. Danks will not be a leadoff man when he comes to MLB. He does NOT project to be a leadoff man; He projects to be a #2 hitter.

It is for these three reasons that Danks looks like trade bait to me. Granted, a lot can happen in a matter of a few weeks/months/seasons. But in looking at the system and at the big club TODAY, he doesn't look to have a fit with this team, IMO.

Randar68
04-07-2010, 04:23 PM
It is for these three reasons that Danks looks like trade bait to me. Granted, a lot can happen in a matter of a few weeks/months/seasons. But in looking at the system and at the big club TODAY, he doesn't look to have a fit with this team, IMO.

Fair enough. I just feel they have heaped unprecedented praise on him and moved him at a pace I have rarely seen them use with a position prospect. Given that and the secondary reasons (brother, and other OF options being short-term stop-gaps in Pierre and Jones), I feel they will be extremely hesitant to trade him. KW is a wheeler and dealer, but he does fall in love with guys at times. He may be right and he may be wrong, but with the dearth of position prospects I feel they will hang on to him at all costs short of landing a long-term solution like a Carl Crawford or similar.

DirtySox
04-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Sure. The future leadoff man could come from virtually any position. And it is entirely possible that KW wheels/deals to find other pieces that could change the current calculus.

But [right now] there isn't another solution at 2B in the system that is also a leadoff man. There isn't another solution at SS or at 3B that are leadoff men. So, moving Beckham [again], so as to accomodate a 2B/leadoff man, particularly when KW signed Teahen for the next 3 seasons, seems unlikely.

The problem SPECIFICALLY with Danks remaining in this roster are three-fold:

1. He's an OFer on a club with at least 2 OF spots already solidified/occupied for the foreseeable future.
2. The one OFer without a foreseeable future in the team [due to age] is also the leadoff man in the lineup.
3. Danks will not be a leadoff man when he comes to MLB. He does NOT project to be a leadoff man; He projects to be a #2 hitter.

To me he is neither a leadoff man nor a 2 hole hitter. He needs to cut the K-rate for either of those options. I see him down near the bottom of the lineup.

khan
04-07-2010, 04:35 PM
To me he is neither a leadoff man nor a 2 hole hitter. He needs to cut the K-rate for either of those options. I see him down near the bottom of the lineup.

I had read that Jordan Danks compared to Darin Erstad offensively. [The good, young version of Erstad, not the craptacular AARP version of Erstad that Ozzie stupidly played with regularity on the 2007 team.]

But regardless of whether he'll be a #2 or a #7/8/9 hitter, he's not likely to become a leadoff man.

Randar68
04-07-2010, 05:23 PM
I had read that Jordan Danks compared to Darin Erstad offensively. [The good, young version of Erstad, not the craptacular AARP version of Erstad that Ozzie stupidly played with regularity on the 2007 team.]

But regardless of whether he'll be a #2 or a #7/8/9 hitter, he's not likely to become a leadoff man.

But my point is that a leadoff man hasn't seemingly been that important to this team (at least based on the GM's actions) since One Dog. I tend to disagree, but in terms of OBP we haven't had a good one in forever! Given all the moves KW has made, if it was a higher priority he would have tried to shore that position up long term several times over by now.

Agree than Jordan isn't a lead-off guy, but what k-rate can anyone be basing this assertion on? Kid put up a .934 OPS in 32 games in his first high A action to start his first full pro season and then struggled to play 73 injury plagued games in AA and had a good start there before the injuries hit him. Then he finished his first full pro season with a .962 OPS in the AFL. Yes, he has averaged 1 K per game in that one full season, but that is impressive no matter how you slice the K's.

If he even approaches those numbers in AAA as he did the AFL people will be falling over themselves as him being the next great middle of the order CF'er. Not saying he is, but the K-rate concern is a bit overblown here given his single pro season under his belt and the rate he has moved along.

DirtySox
04-07-2010, 06:38 PM
But my point is that a leadoff man hasn't seemingly been that important to this team (at least based on the GM's actions) since One Dog. I tend to disagree, but in terms of OBP we haven't had a good one in forever! Given all the moves KW has made, if it was a higher priority he would have tried to shore that position up long term several times over by now.

Agree than Jordan isn't a lead-off guy, but what k-rate can anyone be basing this assertion on? Kid put up a .934 OPS in 32 games in his first high A action to start his first full pro season and then struggled to play 73 injury plagued games in AA and had a good start there before the injuries hit him. Then he finished his first full pro season with a .962 OPS in the AFL. Yes, he has averaged 1 K per game in that one full season, but that is impressive no matter how you slice the K's.

If he even approaches those numbers in AAA as he did the AFL people will be falling over themselves as him being the next great middle of the order CF'er. Not saying he is, but the K-rate concern is a bit overblown here given his single pro season under his belt and the rate he has moved along.

His BABIP in High A was .417

The AFL is a notorious hitter's league.

Jordan has a long loopy swing and almost all the scouting reports note that he needs to shorten it otherwise he will continue to K at a high rate. It is a very legitimate concern. His power is also quite questionable.

His AAA production will be quite telling, but I'm not going to hold my breath the he amounts to anything more than a solid regular with his value heavily weighed towards his defensive performance. I will eat 5 hats if he becomes anything close to a middle of the order hitter.

khan
04-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Well, KW HAS tried to get leadoff men. But his idea of what a leadoff man should be differs from what your idea seems to be. Trading away Carlos Lee to get Pods, the re-acquisition of Pods last year and now, his acquisition of Pierre STRONGLY indicate that KW has tried to get a leadoff man.

I tend to prefer a leadoff man with a high OBP, as you do. KW seems to prefer a leadoff man with a lot of speed, whether or not he has a high OBP. But the fact remains that KW does value a leadoff man, just of a different ilk than you or I would like.

In any case, Jordan Danks does not fit the description of a leadoff man, by ANY measure. Because of this, he does not appear to have a spot on the big league team, as it is currently comprised.

Randar68
04-08-2010, 12:07 PM
His AAA production will be quite telling, but I'm not going to hold my breath the he amounts to anything more than a solid regular with his value heavily weighed towards his defensive performance. I will eat 5 hats if he becomes anything close to a middle of the order hitter.

Where did I say he would become a middle of the order hitter? I said I didn't see anything of concern in his stats to this point to be all worked up about or that would indicate he is already pigeon-holed into some order in the lineup. Based on his limited experience he could still end up anywhere from a 2 hitter to a 9 hitter or anything in between (including middle of the order) based on his actual production. and 150K per season isn't a huge concern if you're posting .950 OPS numbers.

Yes, the AFL is a good hitter's league, blah blah blah. Danks was at the end of his first professional (injury plagued) season when he put up those numbers. Not like he's been around for years playing in AA or AAA. That's why it is of important note if you can take your head out of a stat report long enough to take his individual situation into consideration.

DirtySox
04-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Where did I say he would become a middle of the order hitter? I said I didn't see anything of concern in his stats to this point to be all worked up about or that would indicate he is already pigeon-holed into some order in the lineup. Based on his limited experience he could still end up anywhere from a 2 hitter to a 9 hitter or anything in between (including middle of the order) based on his actual production. and 150K per season isn't a huge concern if you're posting .950 OPS numbers.

Yes, the AFL is a good hitter's league, blah blah blah. Danks was at the end of his first professional (injury plagued) season when he put up those numbers. Not like he's been around for years playing in AA or AAA. That's why it is of important note if you can take your head out of a stat report long enough to take his individual situation into consideration.

Sorry. Not going to buy into the hype of an AFL performance until I see similar numbers put up in full season ball. The High-A line was an aberration and unsustainable. Should we be slobbering over Morel's 1.020 OPS from the AFL as well?

Randar68
04-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Sorry. Not going to buy into the hype of an AFL performance until I see similar numbers put up in full season ball. The High-A line was an aberration and unsustainable. Should we be slobbering over Morel's 1.020 OPS from the AFL as well?

No, but you can't discount it out of hand, either. I'm not saying Danks is going to be great, but to pigeon-hole him given the production he has had when healthy is premature and several other words I can think of.

DirtySox
04-08-2010, 01:14 PM
No, but you can't discount it out of hand, either. I'm not saying Danks is going to be great, but to pigeon-hole him given the production he has had when healthy is premature and several other words I can think of.

Fair enough. I have no problem giving him a mulligan for his AA showing. His AFL performance was encouraging, but not nearly to the extent of a similar line in Birmingham. I just need to see signs of similar ability/performance this year.

konerko 14
04-08-2010, 04:56 PM
AA would look a little better with Mitchell in the OF...speaks to state of the farm system a few years ago...there's no "wave" of prospects behind Beckham and the AAA group.

It sucks that he got injured

DirtySox
05-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Not much to talk about with how bad Birmingham is, but Morel has put together a solid start to the season.

Recent BP blurb mentions:

Brent Morel, 3B, White Sox: Brent is up to .324/.361/.477 One scout noted that he is the best player on Birmingham by a mile. (not a huge accomplishment due to the lack of talent at AA) He is seen as a future every day third baseman.

khan
05-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Not much to talk about with how bad Birmingham is, but Morel has put together a solid start to the season.

Recent BP blurb mentions:

Brent Morel, 3B, White Sox: Brent is up to .324/.361/.477 One scout noted that he is the best player on Birmingham by a mile. (not a huge accomplishment due to the lack of talent at AA) He is seen as a future every day third baseman.

Wow, not much difference between the BA and OBP. Is Morel not walking at all?

DirtySox
05-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Wow, not much difference between the BA and OBP. Is Morel not walking at all?

He is not a high OBP guy. Doesn't walk much. BB% of between 7 - 8% as a minor leaguer. His current walk rate is lower than that obviously but it might increase a bit. Brent takes his swings and generally puts the ball in play. He isn't going to be a stud at the plate. More like a great defender with an average bat and some pop.

khan
05-11-2010, 06:31 PM
He is not a high OBP guy. Doesn't walk much. BB% of between 7 - 8% as a minor leaguer. His current walk rate is lower than that obviously but it might increase a bit. Brent takes his swings and generally puts the ball in play. He isn't going to be a stud at the plate. More like a great defender with an average bat and some pop.
I had read that he projects to be a Joe randa-type.

Should Morel become Joe Randa, I could live with that. Of course, this pre-assumes that some other players in the SOX will become what we think they will become.

cards press box
05-11-2010, 07:10 PM
It sucks that he got injured

Anyone have any reports on how Mitchell's rehab is going?

GAsoxfan
05-17-2010, 12:25 PM
How bad is this offense? Shirek has given up 0 runs three times, 1 run three times, and 2 runs once and he's only 2-0.

DirtySox
05-17-2010, 12:30 PM
How bad is this offense? Shirek has given up 0 runs three times, 1 run three times, and 2 runs once and he's only 2-0.

The majority of the team is bad and filled with nothing/fringe prospects. Brent Morel is legit, and Christian Marrero is kind of intriguing but that is really it. They are hardly worth following.

DirtySox
05-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Speaking of Morel, Sickels wrote a bit about him today:

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/5/17/1475591/morning-notes-may-17-2010

DirtySox
05-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Justin Edwards to Birmingham.

DirtySox
05-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Brandon Hynick is joining the Barons.

BadBobbyJenks
05-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Speaking of Morel, Sickels wrote a bit about him today:

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/5/17/1475591/morning-notes-may-17-2010

This makes the Teahen deal and extension that more perplexing.

DirtySox
05-19-2010, 11:35 PM

That's exactly what Sickels said in his previous mention of Morel right after the Teahen deal.

TheVulture
05-20-2010, 12:03 AM

I don't think so, personally. I mean no more than it was to begin with anyway, but at the time of the signing you'd figure a 2012 arrival for Morel if he makes it and then Pierre's gone, too. So you've got a player you wouldn't mind replacing in Teahan at 3rd for a couple of years then an albeit expensive utility man and insurance for an in house option for LF for 2012. Or 1b, for that matter, though I doubt anyone would be satisfied with Teahen everyday there. In summary, even if Morel took over 3b next year, I still see 400+ PA for Teahan on this team.

DirtySox
06-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Justin Greene finally promoted to the Barons.

DirtySox
06-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Infante also promoted to B-Ham.

GAsoxfan
07-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Brandon Hynick is joining the Barons.

Through 7 starts, Hynick is 3-0 with a 2.23 ERA and 1.14 WHIP. He also has a 4.4 K/BB ratio.

When the Sox acquired him last season, they sent him to Charlotte. If he keeps this up, I expect him to be in Charlotte again before the end of the year.

doublem23
07-01-2010, 09:40 AM

At least Teahen has some kind of defensive flexibility and hopefully Morel will force the Sox to find creative, new ways to utilize Mark (for example, keeping the bench warm).

GAsoxfan
07-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Infante also promoted to B-Ham.

Infante has been good, but I'm a little surprised he was promoted over guys like Remenowsky and Bellamy (even though Bellamy is on his second level). Those two have been blowing away guys at W-S.

DirtySox
07-07-2010, 03:03 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/19750912/kgotto_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/Kevin_Goldstein) Kevin_Goldstein (http://twitter.com/Kevin_Goldstein)
Just talked to a scout about #WhiteSox (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhiteSox) Double-A Birmingham team: "There's nothing to see here on the field, no big leaguers among hitters."

SoxSpeed22
07-07-2010, 03:35 PM
There was a talent void in Charlotte last year, now there looks to be a talent void in Birmingham. Injuries to key prospects have really slowed down the progress of the farm system.

DirtySox
07-07-2010, 03:51 PM
There was a talent void in Charlotte last year, now there looks to be a talent void in Birmingham. Injuries to key prospects have really slowed down the progress of the farm system.

That, and the farm system is terrible.

BlackandWhiteSox
07-07-2010, 11:50 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/19750912/kgotto_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/Kevin_Goldstein) Kevin_Goldstein (http://twitter.com/Kevin_Goldstein)
Just talked to a scout about #WhiteSox (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhiteSox) Double-A Birmingham team: "There's nothing to see here on the field, no big leaguers among hitters."

Ouch, not even Justin Greene who just got promoted? He did pretty good at Winston-Salem.

DirtySox
07-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Ouch, not even Justin Greene who just got promoted? He did pretty good at Winston-Salem.

He was old for High-A. I like Greene, but it remains to be seen what he does in AA. He's a fringy prospect.

rdivaldi
07-08-2010, 12:29 AM
He was old for High-A. I like Greene, but it remains to be seen what he does in AA. He's a fringy prospect.

Although it's nice that W/S is winning, most of the guys there are fringe prospects too old to be at that level.

GAsoxfan
07-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Hynick has been promoted to Charlotte. In his first start for the Knights last night he pitched 7.0 innings, gave up five hits and three runs.

DirtySox
07-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Bellamy and Eduardo Escobar to Birmingham.

DirtySox
08-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Phegley promoted to the Barons for some reason.

SoxSpeed22
08-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Wasn't exactly tearing it up before then. Logic is lost in this system.

Pablo_Honey
08-17-2010, 05:48 PM
He's actually been hitting well since coming off his last DL trip, but yeah his numbers certainly weren't good enough to warrant a promotion. I don't know what the hell the Sox are basing promotions on. This reminds of how Leesman got promoted to Birmingham after getting killed in W-S. I guess logic really is indeed lost in this already godawful system.

Jeff B
08-17-2010, 06:19 PM
They don't promote a player based on his numbers (and rightfully so). They promote a player if they feel he can handle the next level.