PDA

View Full Version : How KW Built Our Opening Day Line Up

TomBradley72
04-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Through the Draft: Beckham

Through Free Agent Signings: Alexei, AJ, Putz

Waivers: Alex Rios

Trades-Received: Pierre, Quentin, Teahen, Thornton, Kotsay
(Gave Up: John Ely, Jon Link, Chris Carter, Chris Getz, Josh Fields, Joe Borchard, Brian Anderson)

Acquired Under Schueler: Buehrle, Konerko

He's had a few clunkers, but he's made some great moves. Not to mention Jenks on waivers, Floyd for Gio & Garcia, Danks for McCarthy.

Thornton for Borchard? Unreal.

JohnTucker0814
04-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Of all the guys that he's given up for this roster, Chris Carter would be the only one I'd like to have back. HOWEVER, I wouldn't give up Quentin to get him back, so the trade works out well! The only reason I'd like Carter back is he's a power hitting 1B... and I have him on my Dynasty League Minor Roster!

soxfanreggie
04-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Through the Draft: Beckham

Through Free Agent Signings: Alexei, AJ, Putz

Waivers: Alex Rios

Trades-Received: Pierre, Quentin, Teahen, Thornton, Kotsay
(Gave Up: John Ely, Jon Link, Chris Carter, Chris Getz, Josh Fields, Joe Borchard, Brian Anderson)

Acquired Under Schueler: Buehrle, Konerko

He's had a few clunkers, but he's made some great moves. Not to mention Jenks on waivers, Floyd for Gio & Garcia, Danks for McCarthy.

Thornton for Borchard? Unreal.

Right now that's looking like some great acquisitions. This season could be huge for him if Peavy continues to pitch well.

Looks like Gio won the 5th spot with the A's: http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/FantasySourceFastball/entry/view/61732/waivers_gonzalez_wins_as_rotation_spot

Borchard is still with the Giants but down in AAA (Fresno Grizzlies), but I don't think he's seen any time in the Majors since 2007 with the Marlins. Getting Thornton for him - what a deal!

When looking at Danks for Brandon, another move that has turned out well for us. Brandon's had injury troubles (was optioned back to AAA), and Danks has shown that he has potential to be a stud.