PDA

View Full Version : New items/features at the Cell you noticed

GoGoCrede
04-05-2010, 05:22 PM
- They have sausage burgers now
- Price of beer and hot dogs were raised to $7 and $5 respectively, though they probably do this every year
- There's a new banner on top of the FUNdamentals deck
- In the Opening Montage, they added a second photo of Nancy

Did anyone else notice new stuff around the park today?

soltrain21
04-05-2010, 05:25 PM
- Price of beer and hot dogs were raised to $7 and $5 respectively, though they probably do this every year

On TV I saw that they put all of the old logos on the walls of the dugout. At least in the visitor's dugout. Looked really cool.

oeo
04-05-2010, 05:27 PM
On TV I saw that they put all of the old logos on the walls of the dugout. At least in the visitor's dugout. Looked really cool.

Yeah, the dugouts look nice. It looks like the did a lot of work in there to spruce it up a bit. I like that they're all black now.

Did they replace the pinwheels around the club level? Or are they same faded pieces of crap?

GoGoCrede
04-05-2010, 05:29 PM

I noticed that too. I couldn't see all of the logos, though. Some Indian player's head was in the way. :smile:

SephClone89
04-05-2010, 05:38 PM

Why hello there, 35th Street Red Hots.

Also, how long till Buehrle's play makes it into the montage?

Harry Potter
04-05-2010, 05:48 PM
I noticed the parking attendants and traffic management authority absolutely botched the parking situation on the north end of the stadium (around Lots A, B and C)

MrT27
04-05-2010, 05:53 PM

It did look nice but how will sitting in a all black dugout work out when the summer heat comes along?

ewokpelts
04-05-2010, 06:24 PM
bobak's now has the brat/italian sausage contract.

ktssox
04-05-2010, 07:46 PM
There's now a "carvery" on the first base side near the outfield. Choose your bread, meat (I think turkey, corned beef and roast beef) and toppings. Also, the loaded nachos/burritos/tacos (new stand last year) now have shredded beef and pork options in the place of ground beef. We had the shredded beef. What was good last year was made even better.

Red Barchetta
04-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Yeah, the dugouts look nice. It looks like the did a lot of work in there to spruce it up a bit. I like that they're all black now.

Did they replace the pinwheels around the club level? Or are they same faded pieces of crap?

..or did they fill in/repair the holes outside the broadcast booth that used to house the monitors? That looked really bad last season. I wonder why they didn't fix them right away?!

WhiteSox1989
04-05-2010, 07:52 PM
I noticed the parking attendants and traffic management authority absolutely botched the parking situation on the north end of the stadium (around Lots A, B and C)
Yes. Awful.

SOXfnNlansing
04-05-2010, 07:55 PM
I noticed that the speed gun is gone now. On the board now is advertising. It just felt good being home again. It was a long, cold, and difficult winter. Glad all is right in the world again :bandance:

Dibbs
04-05-2010, 08:12 PM
I noticed some new windows on the scoreboard. It looked like a suite on the bottom right portion of the scoreboard. I have no idea what that is.

WhiffleBall
04-05-2010, 08:14 PM

The red lots were all full by 12:30. Once that happend the traffic mgmt folks had no idea what to do until after 1pm when they were told to send people with red passes (and everyone else) to the McCormick Place lot. So not only were hundreds of cars with prepaid parking passes unable to use them they were initially sent on a while goose chase to find an available red lot and then told to keep driving to McCormick Place. I've been to plenty of sold out games and have never seen the parking situation so messed up. My guess is that they allowed too much cash parking in the red lots.

DumpJerry
04-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I noticed that the speed gun is gone now. On the board now is advertising. It just felt good being home again. It was a long, cold, and difficult winter. Glad all is right in the world again :bandance:
:scratch:? It's in the same place as last year. Above the Sox' lineup on the RF scoreboard.

UofCSoxFan
04-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Price of beer and hot dogs were raised to $7 and $5 respectively

Why must baseball be enhanced tenfold by beer and hot dogs??? They could probably charge double that and I'd be forced to fork it over.

hi im skot
04-05-2010, 09:27 PM
:scratch:? It's in the same place as last year. Above the Sox' lineup on the RF scoreboard.

It wasn't being shown until the 7th or 8th inning today.

Shoeless
04-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Have they changed anything from the intro video? I assume the perfect game made the highlights?

Brian26
04-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Have they changed anything from the intro video? I assume the perfect game made the highlights?

The montage has been tweaked towards the end. The beginning is generally the same.

DumpJerry
04-05-2010, 10:10 PM
It wasn't being shown until the 7th or 8th inning today.
I did not even look at it. There was no reason to show it or look at it before the 8th, Buehrle was pitching.

TheOzziePlan
04-05-2010, 10:15 PM
At the bottom of the ramp by gate 5 there's some new pictures. The last pitch of Buehrle's perfect game, wise's catch, and a couple others.

Jpgr91
04-05-2010, 10:27 PM
I noticed some new windows on the scoreboard. It looked like a suite on the bottom right portion of the scoreboard. I have no idea what that is.

That area is used for the scoreboard operators. The windows have been there for a while.

kaufsox
04-05-2010, 11:46 PM
At the bottom of the ramp by gate 5 there's some new pictures. The last pitch of Buehrle's perfect game, wise's catch, and a couple others.

I liked that display, saw it on the way out. They also added a "dugout" to the fundamentals deck.

Dibbs
04-06-2010, 12:07 AM
That area is used for the scoreboard operators. The windows have been there for a while.

Thanks. I never noticed it before. I was looking around the park for changes, and that stood out.

Nellie_Fox
04-06-2010, 12:12 AM
Why must baseball be enhanced tenfold by beer and hot dogs??? They could probably charge double that and I'd be forced to fork it over.Not me. I absolutely refuse to pay that much for a beer. It's crazy to be able to buy a case for less than the cost of three at the park.

oeo
04-06-2010, 03:00 AM
Another thing: the M&M guy appears to have cloned himself. His look-a-like was sitting right next to him in an M&M jacket.

MinnySoxFan
04-06-2010, 06:15 AM
Another thing: the M&M guy appears to have cloned himself. His look-a-like was sitting right next to him in an M&M jacket.

I noticed that aswell. I said outloud to myself "Oh my goodness, he duplicated!"

DumpJerry
04-06-2010, 06:18 AM
Not me. I absolutely refuse to pay that much for a beer. It's crazy to be able to buy a case for less than the cost of three at the park.
Well, it is a 16oz beer.......

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-06-2010, 07:05 AM
I heard Brooks on WSW over the weekend and he was commenting about all the work they had done since 2003, etc etc....he did mention the dugouts, that they were sorely in need of a new paint job. The whole time I was thinking - please, replace the pinwheel stickers because they look like crap. Also, get some freaking caulk and fill in the monitor anchor holes near the broadcast booth.

Turned the game on, 1st shot of Hawk and Stoney from the CF camera? Nope - same old ****ty pinwheel decals and what looked like a repaint on the monitor anchors.

TomBradley72
04-06-2010, 07:32 AM
I heard Brooks on WSW over the weekend and he was commenting about all the work they had done since 2003, etc etc....he did mention the dugouts, that they were sorely in need of a new paint job. The whole time I was thinking - please, replace the pinwheel stickers because they look like crap. Also, get some freaking caulk and fill in the monitor anchor holes near the broadcast booth.

Turned the game on, 1st shot of Hawk and Stoney from the CF camera? Nope - same old ****ty pinwheel decals and what looked like a repaint on the monitor anchors.

There are some low cost/maintenance issues that I'm surprised they let go on of years....the pinwheels is one, and I don't understand why there are so many grey/unpainted railings around the park....why wouldn't those be painted green?

ewokpelts
04-06-2010, 07:34 AM
I noticed some new windows on the scoreboard. It looked like a suite on the bottom right portion of the scoreboard. I have no idea what that is.that's the scoreboard operations's area.

kevingrt
04-06-2010, 07:34 AM

Include Lot G in that mess at least the streets around Lot G

ewokpelts
04-06-2010, 07:35 AM
The red lots were all full by 12:30. Once that happend the traffic mgmt folks had no idea what to do until after 1pm when they were told to send people with red passes (and everyone else) to the McCormick Place lot. So not only were hundreds of cars with prepaid parking passes unable to use them they were initially sent on a while goose chase to find an available red lot and then told to keep driving to McCormick Place. I've been to plenty of sold out games and have never seen the parking situation so messed up. My guess is that they allowed too much cash parking in the red lots.this is why u get to the park early on OD.

ewokpelts
04-06-2010, 07:37 AM
There are some low cost/maintenance issues that I'm surprised they let go on of years....the pinwheels is one, and I don't understand why there are so many grey/unpainted railings around the park....why wouldn't those be painted green?the railings were all painted back in 03/04...to grey....

kevingrt
04-06-2010, 07:41 AM
this is why u get to the park early on OD.

Even getting there at 10:00am and traffic mgmt people had no clue what they were doing.

soxfanreggie
04-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Not me. I absolutely refuse to pay that much for a beer. It's crazy to be able to buy a case for less than the cost of three at the park.

At $7 a beer, you could probably buy some cases for the cost of 2 at the game! $7 may be costing the vendors a lot of tips because usually with beer at $6.25 or $6.50, they get a LOT of $0.50 to $0.75 tips. Now, probably not. Luckily you can bring food into the games now because $5 for a hot dog is also ridiculous.

SoxThunder
04-06-2010, 07:45 AM
They have a mannequin-like batter & catcher that you pitch to in the speed pitch area. Also, the programs/scorecard booths have scoreboard pinwheels on top of them. The biggest difference I noticed was no Gene Honda as the PA announcer. I'm assuming he was in Indy doing the Final Four which he's done before. Gene's voice really adds a lot to the sound of the game!

dickallen15
04-06-2010, 07:52 AM
I did not even look at it. There was no reason to show it or look at it before the 8th, Buehrle was pitching.
Your loss. It had Buerhle firing it up there 145 MPH in the second inning. I'm pretty sure that's why it was shut off. There was a problem with the gun.

tags22
04-06-2010, 07:55 AM

On the radio they said that was Steve Dahl in the M&M jacket sitting next to the M&M guy.

DSpivack
04-06-2010, 08:14 AM

While I seldom have a beer at the park, I often can't resist getting a [kosher-style] hot dog.

TomBradley72
04-06-2010, 08:23 AM
the railings were all painted back in 03/04...to grey....

No they weren't...most are unpainted/bare metal.

Viva Medias B's
04-06-2010, 08:27 AM

Yes. Awful.

We arrived at 35th and Normal at 10:10 a.m. and there was a line to get into Lot G where we usually park. They parked those rows of cars so close together that he really had a tough time getting out. The car we had got by the bumper of the car to our right by less than a quarter of an inch. And those parking attendants could learn to be a little more genteel considering the prices we pay to park there.

komando
04-06-2010, 08:36 AM
I suspect some of the parking woes might stem from the crackdown on neighborhood parking passes. This year they take your drivers license and any parking passes and scan them into a computer, along with your license plate #. Parking checkers on my block appeared to be taking their job a lot more serious then in years past.

skobabe8
04-06-2010, 08:38 AM
I noticed a new "Cork & Kerry" sign.

Harry Potter
04-06-2010, 08:57 AM
this is why u get to the park early on OD.

Some of us don't have the luxury to get there that early. And in my case, I joined the funeral procession of cars that were sent in an endless loop around Lots A, B and C around 12:15.

If I was looking for cash parking it's one thing but that fact that I had a red pass for A, B, C or G yeah that grinds my gears!

beasly213
04-06-2010, 09:06 AM
I suspect some of the parking woes might stem from the crackdown on neighborhood parking passes. This year they take your drivers license and any parking passes and scan them into a computer, along with your license plate #. Parking checkers on my block appeared to be taking their job a lot more serious then in years past.

Really? :scratch: They just gave me my handful of passes just like last year. Just asked for an ID didn't scan anything.

twsoxfan5
04-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Last year I didn't notice all the Heineken carts they have around, but I am not sure if that is new or not. It is nice that you no longer need to stand in line at Beers Around the World. They also have a Blue Moon cart on the concourse, complete with orange slices.

I don't understand why people drink Miller Lite at the games. Not only is it $7 but it takes quite a bit more of them to get a buzz. If you are going to drink at the game you might as well go with something with a bit of alcohol in it.

ewokpelts
04-06-2010, 09:31 AM
No they weren't...most are unpainted/bare metal.you keep thinking that

ewokpelts
04-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Some of us don't have the luxury to get there that early. And in my case, I joined the funeral procession of cars that were sent in an endless loop around Lots A, B and C around 12:15.

If I was looking for cash parking it's one thing but that fact that I had a red pass for A, B, C or G yeah that grinds my gears!it's a day that most people take off for. they open the lot an hour earlier. they tell people in emails and press releases to get there early.

it sucks you got the runaround, but this ALWAYS happens on OD and cubs/sox.

WhiffleBall
04-06-2010, 09:34 AM
I noticed a new "Cork & Kerry" sign.

I aslo saw the sign. At first I thought it was open then I realized it was just the sign while the rest of what was Jimbo's was still, from the looks of it, in the early phase of a massive remodel. While IMHO anything is better than Jimbo's this place should be quite nice.

ewokpelts
04-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Really? :scratch: They just gave me my handful of passes just like last year. Just asked for an ID didn't scan anything.
most people i've talked to have had to scan thier id. and only get one sticker and one paper pass.

ewokpelts
04-06-2010, 09:35 AM
I aslo saw the sign. At first I thought it was open then I realized it was just the sign while the rest of what was Jimbo's was still, from the looks of it, in the early phase of a massive remodel. While IMHO anything is better than Jimbo's this place should be quite nice.channel 9 said that cork and kerry will be ready by the end of the month.

WhiffleBall
04-06-2010, 09:36 AM

If I was looking for cash parking it's one thing but that fact that I had a red pass for A, B, C or G yeah that grinds my gears!

Let your rep know.

WhiffleBall
04-06-2010, 09:46 AM
it's a day that most people take off for. they open the lot an hour earlier. they tell people in emails and press releases to get there early.

Getting there 15 minutes before gametime is one thing but arriving almost an hour before the game with a prepaid season ticket holder red lot parking pass should, and ALWAYS has been, an acceptable arrival time even for past opening day, sox/cubs, playoffs, world series, etc. Something was off yesterday in a big way. If not then that means they sold more parking passes then they have spots. I sent my rep an e-mail asking for some sort of explanation.

Harry Potter
04-06-2010, 09:46 AM

The past 3 ODs I've left work downtown at the same time to get to the stadium. While there has always been extra traffic/parking flow on OD, it was far worse yesterday then in past years.

I'll leave it at that

ewokpelts
04-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Getting there 15 minutes before gametime is one thing but arriving almost an hour before the game with a prepaid season ticket holder red lot parking pass should, and ALWAYS has been, an acceptable arrival time even for past opening day, sox/cubs, playoffs, world series, etc. Something was off yesterday in a big way. If not then that means they sold more parking passes then they have spots. I sent my rep an e-mail asking for some sort of explanation.i had a discussion with one of my reps a few weeks ago(i was buying cubs/sox parking passes). he told me they cannot gurantee a prepaid pass a spot, as they are at the whim of the traffic people and police to reduce traffic. he said that if you get forced to park at mccormick place or on the streets, you can get your money back for the sox lot pass(comiskey cash).

they TRY, but it's up to the cops at the end of the day.

ewokpelts
04-06-2010, 09:53 AM
The past 3 ODs I've left work downtown at the same time to get to the stadium. While there has always been extra traffic/parking flow on OD, it was far worse yesterday then in past years.

I'll leave it at thatyou could have parked your car in LOT A at 6am. the park and ride feature is good for ALL weekday games.

beasly213
04-06-2010, 10:03 AM
most people i've talked to have had to scan thier id. and only get one sticker and one paper pass.

Hmm. I guess I just got lucky.

Harry Potter
04-06-2010, 10:03 AM
you could have parked your car in LOT A at 6am. the park and ride feature is good for ALL weekday games.

I'm a huge fan of the park and ride and take advantage of it numerous times throughout the year. Unfortunately I was at work before 6am yesterday so it wasn't an option. Better planning next year for sure!

CLUBHOUSE KID
04-06-2010, 10:08 AM

Those have always been there. I never knew what they were for.

Gammons Peter
04-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm listening to the Dahl Podcast right now and he is talking about wearing the M&M jacket.

CLUBHOUSE KID
04-06-2010, 10:12 AM

I just go to 37th/Halsted because we got 3 cars. They only gave us 1 or 2 in the mail. And yes the people went crazy yesterday! I come home and almost every car on every block had a ticket! 38th, 33rd, normal, parnell, wallace everywhere.

CLUBHOUSE KID
04-06-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm listening to the Dahl Podcast right now and he is talking about wearing the M&M jacket.

I hated seeing that! I really dislike the "real" M&M guy...as a person not just his whole jacket for attention thing.

ewokpelts
04-06-2010, 10:27 AM
looks like connies has more/larger concession stands in the outfield

Harry Potter
04-06-2010, 10:30 AM
I really dislike the "real" M&M guy...as a person not just his whole jacket for attention thing.

What do you have against George?

CLUBHOUSE KID
04-06-2010, 10:33 AM
What do you have against George?

A lot but one big reason. I do not know if I can or want to say over the board.

Law11
04-06-2010, 10:59 AM
The red lots were all full by 12:30. Once that happend the traffic mgmt folks had no idea what to do until after 1pm when they were told to send people with red passes (and everyone else) to the McCormick Place lot. So not only were hundreds of cars with prepaid parking passes unable to use them they were initially sent on a while goose chase to find an available red lot and then told to keep driving to McCormick Place. I've been to plenty of sold out games and have never seen the parking situation so messed up. My guess is that they allowed too much cash parking in the red lots.

Yep I parked in lot A with no pass. Just cash at around 11. I always try it because I love that that for getting right out on the ryan. They never even asked for a pass.

MeteorsSox4367
04-06-2010, 11:00 AM
channel 9 said that cork and kerry will be ready by the end of the month.

I noticed the sign on my way to work yesterday. It looks nice, but they have to correct it. "South Side" is two words not one.

WhiteSoxFTW
04-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I noticed this as well. The pictures take up the whole end wall and are really nice.

beasly213
04-06-2010, 11:05 AM
I noticed the sign on my way to work yesterday. It looks nice, but they have to correct it. "South Side" is two words not one.

Sweet I can't wait for $6.00 beers.

BainesHOF
04-06-2010, 11:47 AM
The parking situation continues to be mind-boggling. My goodness, the park opened in 1991. You'd think they'd have figured out some things in 19 years.

SephClone89
04-06-2010, 12:46 PM
What's the deal with M&M guy? Forgive my ignorance, but who the hell is he and how long has he been around?

Nellie_Fox
04-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I noticed the sign on my way to work yesterday. It looks nice, but they have to correct it. "South Side" is two words not one.If used as an adjective, it would be at least hyphenated, i.e., "I live on the south side" is two words, but it would be "south-side Irish." Compound words used as adjectives should be hyphenated.

MeteorsSox4367
04-06-2010, 01:37 PM
If used as an adjective, it would be at least hyphenated, i.e., "I live on the south side" is two words, but it would be "south-side Irish." Compound words used as adjectives should be hyphenated.

Agreed. I'll have to check the sign again, but I believe the wording was something like "A Tradition on the SouthSide."

In this case, "South Side" when describing a part of Chicago, is two words.

IIRC, the Sox were selling t-shirts a few years back that had to be corrected because "South Side" was incorrectly printed as one word.

TomBradley72
04-06-2010, 02:24 PM
you keep thinking that

I think I have the ability to tell the difference between metal painted with gray paint and unpainted metal.

They did use alot of gray paint on the bare concrete around the park prior to 2004, and they've painted alot of the railings green (like the seats), but there are still random unpainted railings around the park (front of the bleachers, etc.). Not really a big deal, just seems like a weird oversight to me.

SoxGirl4Life
04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Ok.. someone fill me in. We can now bring food and drinks INTO the park? Bringing my own water will save me at least 10 bucks.

TheOldRoman
04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
I think I have the ability to tell the difference between metal painted with gray paint and unpainted metal.

They did use alot of gray paint on the bare concrete around the park prior to 2004, and they've painted alot of the railings green (like the seats), but there are still random unpainted railings around the park (front of the bleachers, etc.). Not really a big deal, just seems like a weird oversight to me.They may not have painted all the metal green, but they did paint some of it, such as the hand rails in the isle in the upper deck. Of course, as of last year, all those railings were peeling because they had only been painted once.

As for the gray paint on the concrete, I wish they would change it in some areas. The bullpens in particular would look much better being either green or black. Or better yet, cover the bullpen walls in bricks!

ewokpelts
04-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Ok.. someone fill me in. We can now bring food and drinks INTO the park? Bringing my own water will save me at least 10 bucks.been that way for YEARS.

SoxGirl4Life
04-06-2010, 02:50 PM
been that way for YEARS.

lol.. thanks! I haven't tried cuz I didn't want the hassle.

Skarpachi
04-06-2010, 02:54 PM
As for the gray paint on the concrete, I wish they would change it in some areas. The bullpens in particular would look much better being either green or black. Or better yet, cover the bullpen walls in bricks!

Same here. That is my one last gripe with the park - all of the exposed concrete that has been painted grey. I wish they would cover all of it with bricks (not just the bullpen) to match the concourse.

oeo
04-06-2010, 02:57 PM
lol.. thanks! I haven't tried cuz I didn't want the hassle.

They will just check whether the seal is broken.

SoxGirl4Life
04-06-2010, 03:00 PM

Thanks oeo!

SOXfnNlansing
04-06-2010, 03:07 PM

Most of the game there was no pitch speed showing on that board. I wonder why is all.

VMSNS
04-06-2010, 03:16 PM

Will they allow unopened beer into the stadium, or just water/soda?

KenBerryGrab
04-06-2010, 03:19 PM

Should this be in teal? Definitely no. They do allow food in clear bags and sealed water. I don't think pop is allowed to be carried in.

OldRomanPizza
04-06-2010, 03:20 PM
What's the deal with M&M guy? Forgive my ignorance, but who the hell is he and how long has he been around?

His name is George Jacobs and he is the owner of Windy City Limo. I only know this because he had a commercial w/Farmio last season and i think Hawk will give a shout out to him every now and then.

Chez
04-06-2010, 03:29 PM

There also is a limit of one sealed water bottle per person (I believe up to 20oz). But on hot days, I've never been stopped for bringing a lot more than one water bottle per person into the park. I've also never had a problem bringing food (and lots of it) into the park -- so long as it's not packed in a container that looks like it might be used as a projectile, the security guards at the gate are very nice. When you are bringing your family to the game, you can save a bundle by bringing your own candy, peanuts, water etc.

chisoxfanatic
04-06-2010, 05:52 PM
There's now a "carvery" on the first base side near the outfield. Choose your bread, meat (I think turkey, corned beef and roast beef) and toppings. Also, the loaded nachos/burritos/tacos (new stand last year) now have shredded beef and pork options in the place of ground beef. We had the shredded beef. What was good last year was made even better.
So, is this supposed to be a new "deli" stand? If so, then awesome! I hate fast food burgers and I refuse to eat hot dogs. That might be something I will try when I'm at a game. How much were they?
In years past, I've received a decal and 2 paper guest passes in the mail. This year, I did not receive any. I suspect it's because I did not vote in the February election (I have received them in the mail each season after voting). I'm not too worried about it, though...I'll just walk or take the Wallace Bus if I don't feel like walking that day! I'm just over a mile away.
No, just water. You can also bring Subway into the ballpark. I've done that many times...The closest Subway to the ballpark is at 31st and Halsted.

minutia
04-06-2010, 06:26 PM
been that way for YEARS.
You can bring food in but drinks are limited in size, type and must be un-opened. See this "ground rules" link from the White Sox website. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ballpark/groundrules.jsp

Funny side note, I was at a Yankees vs. Sox game in 2005 and this couple next to my family, who happened to be Yankee fans, had a picnic like they were at Ravinia-but not really. The dude was eating a half tray of lasagna and bitching that there was no where to warm it up. My brother being a smart ass said, "you should of brought a grill to tailgate, I bet you could of heated it up that way." But seriously they had plates, flatware the whole 9 yards. I had never seen anything like it. Just sub sandwiches, Doritos and the like.

WhiffleBall
04-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Regarding the parking issue. They are refunding the value of the red parking pass in Comiskey cash if you were unable to use it. I presume you have to go through your rep. If you bought the pass in the secondary market and want a refund then I would call the sox main number. My rep called to apologize, offer an explanation, and offer the refund. I was impressed with the response.

The cause of the parking issue was because of the red lots taking too many cash parkers. The traffic mgmt people made a decision early on to allow cash in those lots because of extremely heavy street traffic. The parking situation even affected the players. Matt Thornton had to park in the regular lots because the players lot was at capacity.

They cannot get that Metra station built quick enough. I predict it won't be ready until at least next season.

AlexeisAlley
04-06-2010, 06:40 PM
They now serve Coors light on tap in the 100 level, as a guy who doesn't drink MGD/Miller, this is HUGE!! Last step would be to have the vendors sell em in the aisle, but one step at a time.

Coors light had it's own station, 100 level concourse, roughly at 1st base or so.

Harry Potter
04-06-2010, 06:47 PM
They now serve Coors light on tap in the 100 level, as a guy who doesn't drink MGD/Miller, this is HUGE!! Last step would be to have the vendors sell em in the aisle, but one step at a time.

Coors light had it's own station, 100 level concourse, roughly at 1st base or so.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely be tapping the rockies. Priced the same as miller/mgd?

soxlady8
04-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I work two blocks from the stadium. Sometimes the lot the employees use gets full and we have to park on the street. We were told yesterday TO NOT park on the street and stuff ourselves in the lot as much as possible as there was a game.

When I left work I noticed many people on the street around the park had parking tickets. It appeared that they did not have their orange sticker for the 2010 season and just had the old blue one on.

I get a sticker yearly from a friend of mine , it is on my windshield as of today. This person knows I have to park on the street for my job when the lot is full and I DO like to attend GAMES. This person's residences is a few blocks from the park.

I hope I do not get in trouble , nor this person. I assume I might have to park really close to this person's house when I attend games !!

glad many of you had a GREAT time yesterday -- my first official game is scheduled in two weeks... however , I might break down and get there possibly this weekend !!

SL8

illini81887
04-06-2010, 08:44 PM
how much is parking these days

MARTINMVP
04-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Reading this thread as me excited more than ever in anticipation for my first outing to the Cell - hoping it will be this Friday.

Harry Potter
04-06-2010, 09:02 PM
how much is parking these days

$23 again this year

twentywontowin
04-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Even getting there at 10:00am and traffic mgmt people had no clue what they were doing.

Easily the longest line I've waited in at 10am coming down 35th street from the west. Then the parking lot staff tried squeezing cars in down an aisle where people were tailgating, making everyone move their stuff.

Total mess.

Warriorjan
04-06-2010, 10:05 PM
I would imagine there could be an issue if the license plate on the car doesn't register to the neighborhood. I don't know if the sticker is specific to the plate or not. I live in a restricted area due to a high school being nearby, and for the first time last year when I renewed, it's all tied together on the decal.
I usually get a guest placard from someone I know in the neighborhood who doesn't have any use for it. I think that's the better way to go.
I

ewokpelts
04-07-2010, 07:55 AM

Coors light had it's own station, 100 level concourse, roughly at 1st base or so.miller merged with coors a few years back. hence, poors light is now served at the park.

ewokpelts
04-07-2010, 07:56 AM
I would imagine there could be an issue if the license plate on the car doesn't register to the neighborhood. I don't know if the sticker is specific to the plate or not. I live in a restricted area due to a high school being nearby, and for the first time last year when I renewed, it's all tied together on the decal.
I usually get a guest placard from someone I know in the neighborhood who doesn't have any use for it. I think that's the better way to go.
Isox sticker is a separate one. for now.

they issue tickets to anyone not having a card/sticker, as well as expired stickers/cards, AND cards WITHOUT an address written on the card.

ewokpelts
04-07-2010, 07:58 AM
I work two blocks from the stadium. Sometimes the lot the employees use gets full and we have to park on the street. We were told yesterday TO NOT park on the street and stuff ourselves in the lot as much as possible as there was a game.

When I left work I noticed many people on the street around the park had parking tickets. It appeared that they did not have their orange sticker for the 2010 season and just had the old blue one on.

I get a sticker yearly from a friend of mine , it is on my windshield as of today. This person knows I have to park on the street for my job when the lot is full and I DO like to attend GAMES. This person's residences is a few blocks from the park.

I hope I do not get in trouble , nor this person. I assume I might have to park really close to this person's house when I attend games !!

glad many of you had a GREAT time yesterday -- my first official game is scheduled in two weeks... however , I might break down and get there possibly this weekend !!

SL8

there's a discount codes in the ticketexchange forum for 1/2 off tix. lower level included.

RustyKuntz
04-07-2010, 09:29 AM

According the the web site..

GUESTS ARE WELCOME TO:

Carry in food in a small, clear (see-through) plastic bag.
Enter with small, soft-sided bags (no larger than 16 x 16 x 8) that will be searched prior to entering the park.
Carry in one sealed plastic bottle of water, one liter or less in size, but no other beverages of any kind.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ballpark/groundrules.jsp

MeteorsSox4367
04-07-2010, 03:01 PM
You can also bring Subway into the ballpark. I've done that many times...The closest Subway to the ballpark is at 31st and Halsted.

There's also a Subway on 35th between Michigan and Indiana. There's also Jimmy John's on 35th and State.

bridgeportcopper
04-07-2010, 03:04 PM
something else "new" was the selling of Standing Room Only tix on day of game, which came in handy for a portion of our posse. I know it angers some of our lower deck denizens due to the overcrowding of concourse and washrooms, but I like it and if folks are willing to spend $48 to stand in the "beer garden" portion of the park, maybe that extra scratch will help the club at some point.

doublem23
04-07-2010, 03:14 PM
There's also a Subway on 35th between Michigan and Indiana. There's also Jimmy John's on 35th and State.

This is assuming you would actually want to eat Subway or Jimmy John's. :cool:

MeteorsSox4367
04-07-2010, 03:29 PM

True. I'll eat at Subway if I have to, but Jimmy John's isn't too bad. I actually like the BLT.

SephClone89
04-07-2010, 03:37 PM

Jimmy John's is God's gift to sandwich chains and you are all heathens for doing anything but praising it.:cool:

WhiffleBall
04-07-2010, 03:46 PM
something else "new" was the selling of Standing Room Only tix on day of game, which came in handy for a portion of our posse. I know it angers some of our lower deck denizens due to the overcrowding of concourse and washrooms, but I like it and if folks are willing to spend $48 to stand in the "beer garden" portion of the park, maybe that extra scratch will help the club at some point.

So the Sox now offer SRO and it costs $48?

KenBerryGrab
04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
They did away with the 2-for-1 hot dog deal the first hour the park opens. Made this father of 2 :angry:

salty99
04-07-2010, 03:48 PM

No this is not new. They do this when regular tickets sell out the day of the game. If tickets are sold out ahead of time then they don't offer standing room.

bridgeportcopper
04-07-2010, 03:50 PM
They did on opening day. I know they have done it occasionally in the past, and don't know how they determine if they will or won't, but it helped a couple of my buddies out because StubHub was way overpriced.

bridgeportcopper
04-07-2010, 03:52 PM
No this is not new. They do this when regular tickets sell out the day of the game. If tickets are sold out ahead of time then they don't offer standing room.
Um, not true, was trying to get tix days prior to Monday and this one was sold out. Even used a friend in ticket office prior to Monday and trust me there was nothing available at least as far back as Friday.

soxlady8
04-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I have noticed this area on the board recently and THANK my fellow Sox fans for all the great information on half priced or reduced games !!
NOW I can feed my addiction for less money ... ha ha ha !!

I heard there is a good popcorn place nearby ... is it east of the park near State Street and the new Condos ?

I would love some awesome cheese/carmel mix like Garretts or Nuts on Clark !!!!

soxlady8
04-07-2010, 04:10 PM
looks good for a game ... either Saturday or Sunday !!

hoping and wishing !!

ewokpelts
04-07-2010, 06:34 PM
something else "new" was the selling of Standing Room Only tix on day of game, which came in handy for a portion of our posse. I know it angers some of our lower deck denizens due to the overcrowding of concourse and washrooms, but I like it and if folks are willing to spend $48 to stand in the "beer garden" portion of the park, maybe that extra scratch will help the club at some point.from what i've been told, they sell SRO only when seats sell out on the day of game. and with a crowd announced at 38k, i doubt many sro tix were sold.

ewokpelts
04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
They did on opening day. I know they have done it occasionally in the past, and don't know how they determine if they will or won't, but it helped a couple of my buddies out because StubHub was way overpriced.stubhub had tix in the 40 range. what were u looking at?

ilsox7
04-07-2010, 06:36 PM
from what i've been told, they sell SRO only when seats sell out on the day of game. and with a crowd announced at 38k, i doubt many sro tix were sold.

Opening Day was sold out before the day of the game. There were SRO tickets available according to folks here. So whoever told you that was wrong.

bridgeportcopper
04-07-2010, 06:48 PM
stubhub had tix in the 40 range. what were u looking at?
Well, sir i was looking at the Stubhub page constantly from Thurs - gametime Monday, and i beg to differ. Friday at about noon i could have had some upper decks for $49, and waited because i didn't have an exact number of who was coming so i waited. when those sold, there was nothing between Friday afternoon and Monday morning on either Stubhub or Craigslist for less than $119.00. I have it from a good source that this opener for some reason was the toughest Sox ticket to get since Opener 2006.

It's Dankerific
04-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Well, sir i was looking at the Stubhub page constantly from Thurs - gametime Monday, and i beg to differ. Friday at about noon i could have had some upper decks for $49, and waited because i didn't have an exact number of who was coming so i waited. when those sold, there was nothing between Friday afternoon and Monday morning on either Stubhub or Craigslist for less than $119.00. I have it from a good source that this opener for some reason was the toughest Sox ticket to get since Opener 2006.

I bought some extras for family that bailed, i sold them at a loss....

bridgeportcopper
04-07-2010, 06:53 PM
I bought some extras for family that bailed, i sold them at a loss....

in the parking lot?

It's Dankerific
04-07-2010, 06:58 PM
in the parking lot?

on stubhub.

Brian26
04-07-2010, 07:00 PM

I agree with you on Subway, but Jimmy John's is solid.

doublem23
04-07-2010, 07:18 PM
I agree with you on Subway, but Jimmy John's is solid.

Jimmy John's is acceptable if you don't live anywhere near here, but if you live in Chicago and are eating there... FOR SHAME!!! :)

I will admit I love their potato chips. If I could just buy a box of those, I would be happy.

Hitmen77
04-07-2010, 08:19 PM

The montage has been tweaked towards the end. The beginning is generally the same.

They showed the intro video on WGN tonight before the start of the Sox-Indians game.

DumpJerry
04-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there is a Wow Bao Hot Asian Buns stand behind Sec. 158.

Gavin
04-07-2010, 11:18 PM
I know of I get the H1N1 virus I should go to the hospital so that I don't into a coma like the girl on the commercial.

DumpJerry
04-08-2010, 06:52 AM
I know of I get the H1N1 virus I should go to the hospital so that I don't into a coma like the girl on the commercial.
Huh? Was this intended for a different thread?

ewokpelts
04-08-2010, 08:25 AM
there were upper deck tix on TICKETMASTER as late as friday.
i bought an extra pair earlier that week at the box office.

ewokpelts
04-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there is a Wow Bao Hot Asian Buns stand behind Sec. 158.it may be temporary.

chisoxfanatic
04-08-2010, 01:36 PM
sox sticker is a separate one. for now.

they issue tickets to anyone not having a card/sticker, as well as expired stickers/cards, AND cards WITHOUT an address written on the card.
I would advise that anyone who gets ticketed should check their ticket to see if the license plate number was recorded properly. There is no way the CPD can trace the ticket back to your car if this is either incomplete or incorrect. Last year, I got a parking ticket, and it did not have the complete plate number recorded on it, so I talked to a lawyer who advised me to not pay it.

mcgeez8
04-08-2010, 02:43 PM
I have noticed this area on the board recently and THANK my fellow Sox fans for all the great information on half priced or reduced games !!
NOW I can feed my addiction for less money ... ha ha ha !!

I heard there is a good popcorn place nearby ... is it east of the park near State Street and the new Condos ?

I would love some awesome cheese/carmel mix like Garretts or Nuts on Clark !!!!

http://www.motherbutterspopcorn.com/

ewokpelts
04-08-2010, 02:52 PM
I would advise that anyone who gets ticketed should check their ticket to see if the license plate number was recorded properly. There is no way the CPD can trace the ticket back to your car if this is either incomplete or incorrect. Last year, I got a parking ticket, and it did not have the complete plate number recorded on it, so I talked to a lawyer who advised me to not pay it.agreed. i got busted back in 05 for selling tix too close to the park. i was issued a ticket and a date to show up in court. the ticket was never put in the system, so basically i walked.

C-Dawg
04-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Are they still showing that endless "Emergency Evacuation Routes" video on the Jumbotron like last year? That thing goes on so long people are either falling asleep to it or they're mimicking it and don't notice the routes for their section.

bridgeportcopper
04-08-2010, 03:52 PM
I would advise that anyone who gets ticketed should check their ticket to see if the license plate number was recorded properly. There is no way the CPD can trace the ticket back to your car if this is either incomplete or incorrect. Last year, I got a parking ticket, and it did not have the complete plate number recorded on it, so I talked to a lawyer who advised me to not pay it.

Don't blame CPD, that is all the Transportation Management Authority's doing these days. They will write us tickets on squad cars and not think twice about it. Ruthless people who are all about revenue.

DumpJerry
04-08-2010, 03:54 PM
agreed. i got busted back in 05 for selling tix too close to the park. i was issued a ticket and a date to show up in court. the ticket was never put in the system, so basically i walked.
CSF is talking about parking tickets, not citations for violating adjudicatory ordinances like ticket scalping, drinking on the public way, etc. Whenever the license plate number is wrong on the ticket, you're off scott-free since they cannot trace it back to your car. I do pity the poor soul in southern Illinois whose license plate is on the ticket despite never having stepped foot in Chicago.

ewokpelts
04-08-2010, 04:05 PM
CSF is talking about parking tickets, not citations for violating adjudicatory ordinances like ticket scalping, drinking on the public way, etc. Whenever the license plate number is wrong on the ticket, you're off scott-free since they cannot trace it back to your car. I do pity the poor soul in southern Illinois whose license plate is on the ticket despite never having stepped foot in Chicago.i know. i was just saying how errors can be made to work in your way.

ewokpelts
04-08-2010, 04:22 PM
wow bao is only @ the cell til sunday. they mentioned this on thier facebook page.

DSpivack
04-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Are they still showing that endless "Emergency Evacuation Routes" video on the Jumbotron like last year? That thing goes on so long people are either falling asleep to it or they're mimicking it and don't notice the routes for their section.

Yup, got to park pretty early yesterday and it was funny how long that thing went on. They show it so early on anyhow I wonder what's the point.

ewokpelts
04-09-2010, 08:34 AM
For those that Llike Wow Bao and want it to stay at the cell:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/hotasianbuns?v=wall&story_fbid=386760946883

JC456
04-09-2010, 10:32 AM

You sound like the Flubby fans talking abut Wrigley field.

The Product between the lines sucks, so come and eat the good food, it is the only thing going.

GoGoCrede
04-09-2010, 10:34 AM

The Product between the lines sucks, so come and eat the good food, it is the only thing going.

I'm not sure why you came to this conclusion...please elaborate?

TheOldRoman
04-09-2010, 10:34 AM

The Product between the lines sucks, so come and eat the good food, it is the only thing going.:?:

SephClone89
04-09-2010, 10:58 AM

:scratch:

Nellie_Fox
04-09-2010, 11:40 AM

The Product between the lines sucks, so come and eat the good food, it is the only thing going.The OP said no such thing. It was simply starting a thread for people to note things that have changed since last year, for better or worse. The only mention of food was that prices have gone up on hot dogs. Where you get "come and eat the good food" out of that escapes me. Creative reading at its best.

sachin
04-11-2010, 09:05 AM
We went to the game on Saturday vs. the Twins. Tickets were $160 for the four of us -- regular price. Parking was $23. We bought 2 beers total - $14, and two hot dogs - $10.

So, for 4 people to go to the game and have good seats, we paid $200+. If we go to 5 games a season, it will cost us over $1,000.

Also, the service is very grouchy, and the fact that there are only two ATMs on the main concourse is unacceptable.

bridgeportcopper
04-11-2010, 10:07 AM
We went to the game on Saturday vs. the Twins. Tickets were $160 for the four of us -- regular price. Parking was $23. We bought 2 beers total - $14, and two hot dogs - $10.

So, for 4 people to go to the game and have good seats, we paid $200+. If we go to 5 games a season, it will cost us over $1,000.

Also, the service is very grouchy, and the fact that there are only two ATMs on the main concourse is unacceptable.

2 beers and 2 dogs for 4 people? who got the shaft?

DumpJerry
04-11-2010, 10:31 AM

There are at least three ATMs on the main concourse. There is one outside the ballpark next to the main entrance at 35th and Shields.

I never understood why people wait until they are at the park to get their cash. It is not a surprise that they will be spending money there and yet I see long lines which could have been avoided by stopping at an ATM earlier in the day or the day before.

Also, if you were so concerned about cost, tickets for $20.00 were available at the box office. I am also doing your math and it seems to be wrong. Four people had two beers and two hot dogs tells me two people did not eat or drink. The two who were hungry and thirsty at the end of the day paid $45.00 ($40.00 ticket plus 1/4 of the parking). The two who were fed and not thirsty paid $57.00. I paid $5,888.00 for 162 tickets in the lower box seats this year (I assume that is where your tickets were since the box office price for those seats is $39.00). Five games for me averages to $364.00 without parking. A far cry from over $1,000.00.

Perhaps we should email Brooks and tell him that the Sox need a different revenue source to pay Peavy and company so we can see the games for Bill Veeck prices ($2.00 General Admission, later raised to $3.00). After all, that is our entitlement.

sachin
04-11-2010, 10:44 AM
There are at least three ATMs on the main concourse. There is one outside the ballpark next to the main entrance at 35th and Shields.

I never understood why people wait until they are at the park to get their cash. It is not a surprise that they will be spending money there and yet I see long lines which could have been avoided by stopping at an ATM earlier in the day or the day before.

Also, if you were so concerned about cost, tickets for $20.00 were available at the box office. I am also doing your math and it seems to be wrong. Four people had two beers and two hot dogs tells me two people did not eat or drink. The two who were hungry and thirsty at the end of the day paid $45.00 ($40.00 ticket plus 1/4 of the parking). The two who were fed and not thirsty paid $57.00. I paid $5,888.00 for 162 tickets in the lower box seats this year (I assume that is where your tickets were since the box office price for those seats is $39.00). Five games for me averages to $364.00 without parking. A far cry from over $1,000.00.

We bought tickets on-line, and do not have season tickets. Two of my friends do not drink alcohol or eat hot dogs. Our grand total for expenses for one game was over $200. Multiply that times 5, or use a calculator if you need to. What do you come up with? Do you think that a family of four wants to spend that to go to 5 games over a season?

DumpJerry
04-11-2010, 10:53 AM
We bought tickets on-line, and do not have season tickets. Two of my friends do not drink alcohol or eat hot dogs. Our grand total for expenses for one game was over $200. Multiply that times 5, or use a calculator if you need to. What do you come up with? Do you think that a family of four wants to spend that to go to 5 games over a season?
I know your numbers come to over $200.00. I was pointing out there are ways to bring it below $200.00. If you eat and drink outside the park, you'll probably spend just as much unless you go to a hot dog stand. If you park along the Red Line or Green Line, you'll save on parking. There were enough empty seats Saturday to indicate you could have gotten something at the Box Office window without paying Internet fees or inflated StubHub prices.

It is possible to take a family of four for as low as $80.00 total.

Cat Thief
04-11-2010, 10:55 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118897

:cool:

Just purchased 1 ticket in sec 113 for $21.50.

I'm going because I am bored.

DumpJerry
04-11-2010, 10:57 AM
It is possible to take a family of four for as low as $80.00 total.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118897

:cool:
Make that a family of four for $40.00.

You want good seats? You want food and drink? You get what you pay for.

dickallen15
04-11-2010, 11:55 AM
The other new thing at USCF this season is now you will always know when the Sox dugout calls the bullpen. You can hear the buzz from the club level on the first base said and there is quite the blinking light. You can even here the buzz on the telecasts. Nieves must have had a problem picking up the phone in the past.

C-Dawg
04-11-2010, 06:25 PM

One of my favorite things is going to the park in April and seeing what's new after the off-season. I don't think that even comes close to the Cub fans and their "our ballpark is what defines us" mentality.

SephClone89
04-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Make that a family of four for $40.00.

You want good seats? You want food and drink? You get what you pay for.

This.

A family ballgame can be relatively affordable if you're not insisting on getting box seats. Settle for some nice scenic upper deck seats, eat beforehand (or bring in your own picnic!) and you have a not too pricey nice day at the park.

soxlady8
04-11-2010, 08:46 PM
yesterday --- half priced pretty decent tickets --
17.50 plus 2.50 fee
17.50 plus 2.50 fee
156 row 10 ...not bad and near the pen !!!

game alone 40 bucks --

picked up two 1 liter bottles of water at Target -- 1.20 each
= 2.40

1 beer 8.00 bucks
2 hot dog meals 12.00 bucks

very nice time (but a loss for about 54 bucks for two people )

we could have got uppers and it would have been cheaper , but we prefer lowers !!

bahn1225
04-11-2010, 11:24 PM
and the fact that there are only two ATMs on the main concourse is unacceptable.

Actually when I walked by only one of the two machines was working.
The ATM line was the longest in the park.
Why people, Why?

Also, is there a website that shows just the parking lot increases over the years?
Wasn't $6 in 1990 compared to $23 now?

GoGoCrede
04-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Speaking of ATMs, I clearly remember that there was a Bank of America one on the main concourse last season. It looks like they've gotten rid of it....does anyone know if there's still one in the park?

DumpJerry
04-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Speaking of ATMs, I clearly remember that there was a Bank of America one on the main concourse last season. It looks like they've gotten rid of it....does anyone know if there's still one in the park?
There are still two behind Home Plate and one in Center Field. There is also one outside the park near the Gate Four entrance.

C-Dawg
04-12-2010, 07:23 AM
As a Chase customer, I use the Chase ATM in the 35th Street CTA station. No fees!

:gulp:

SephClone89
04-12-2010, 07:41 AM
As a Chase customer, I use the Chase ATM in the 35th Street CTA station. No fees!

:gulp:

Didn't know that was there. Thanks!

roylestillman
04-12-2010, 08:19 AM
The other new thing at USCF this season is now you will always know when the Sox dugout calls the bullpen. You can hear the buzz from the club level on the first base said and there is quite the blinking light. You can even here the buzz on the telecasts. Nieves must have had a problem picking up the phone in the past.
No kidding. I can't imagine that this buzzer is very reassuring to a struggling starter. I feel like I should move out of the park in single file like a fire drill when that thing goes off.

russ99
04-12-2010, 08:46 AM

Is that what that is? Man, that's annoying.

It sounds like something electrical is malfunctioning, and seems distracting to the players.

The new pulled pork/brisket sandwich and chips cart towards the end of the first base side looks very interesting. Couldn't try after two dogs and peanuts, maybe next time.

Bummer, missed the Wao Bao cart...

CPditka
04-12-2010, 09:36 AM
I miss Kosher dogs. Very sad.

WhiteSoxFTW
04-12-2010, 10:12 AM

I know this is kind of derailing the thread a little, but I definitely agree with you. I also can never understand why people do this, or why people go to an ATM, take out $20.00 and pay a $3 fee, and then hit the ATM again b/c they need more and pay another fee. The fee is the same no matter how much you take out people! Okay, rant over.

On another note, a poster above mentioned "picnicing in the park" as a way to save some $$. Can you carry a Subway bag in with a footlong sub and a bag of chips with no problem? This is my first year going to more than a few games, and I guess I've never paid attention to how the rules are enforced on these things.

DSpivack
04-12-2010, 10:31 AM
I know this is kind of derailing the thread a little, but I definitely agree with you. I also can never understand why people do this, or why people go to an ATM, take out $20.00 and pay a $3 fee, and then hit the ATM again b/c they need more and pay another fee. The fee is the same no matter how much you take out people! Okay, rant over.

On another note, a poster above mentioned "picnicing in the park" as a way to save some $$. Can you carry a Subway bag in with a footlong sub and a bag of chips with no problem? This is my first year going to more than a few games, and I guess I've never paid attention to how the rules are enforced on these things.

Yes.

KMcMahon817
04-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Is that what that is? Man, that's annoying.

It sounds like something electrical is malfunctioning, and seems distracting to the players.

The new pulled pork/brisket sandwich and chips cart towards the end of the first base side looks very interesting. Couldn't try after two dogs and peanuts, maybe next time.

The brisket is amazing. Try it next time.

DumpJerry
04-12-2010, 11:28 AM

That sandwich cart was there last year. The Wow Bao people told a friend they might stay longer depending on sales this past week.

GoGoCrede
04-12-2010, 11:33 AM
There are still two behind Home Plate and one in Center Field. There is also one outside the park near the Gate Four entrance.

God damn it, I wish I'd known this before I used the Harris ATM twice last week. Note to self, do your research before going to the park.

palehosepub
04-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Not a big fan of Nancy's pizza but they are now offering a big calzone for $6 - very good and a lot food for the money I would recommended it!

SephClone89
04-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Not a big fan of Nancy's pizza but they are now offering a big calzone for $6 - very good and a lot food for the money I would recommended it!

This sounds good. Probably pepperoni or something though, right?

ewokpelts
04-12-2010, 01:21 PM
We bought tickets on-line, and do not have season tickets. Two of my friends do not drink alcohol or eat hot dogs. Our grand total for expenses for one game was over $200. Multiply that times 5, or use a calculator if you need to. What do you come up with? Do you think that a family of four wants to spend that to go to 5 games over a season?there were discount offers left andf right for 1/2 off tix. i personally posted three DIFFERENT codes here, on yelp,on slickdeals, and on craigslist.i also replied to as many "need/want sox tix this weekend" posts on craigslist with the codes or direct link.

the codes were out there.

ewokpelts
04-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Actually when I walked by only one of the two machines was working.
The ATM line was the longest in the park.
Why people, Why?

Also, is there a website that shows just the parking lot increases over the years?
Wasn't $6 in 1990 compared to $23 now?before lasalle/bank of america took over teh atms from 2003-2008, i used to buy comiskey cash at teh box office to avoid atm fees. and i buy sox gift cards now for the same reason.

amsteel
04-12-2010, 05:20 PM
I read something about there being a giant 2 lb. pretzel being new this year, but didn't see it. Is this a club level only thing?

ewokpelts
04-12-2010, 10:55 PM
I read something about there being a giant 2 lb. pretzel being new this year, but didn't see it. Is this a club level only thing?prolly, as levy handles the club level. they have this item at hawks games(levy does thier concessions too)

300bowler
04-17-2010, 02:34 PM

Too bad Fontanno's Subs isn't near the park. That's my favroite place for subs.:gulp:MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Beer.-Homer Simpson

DumpJerry
04-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Wow Bao posted on Facebook today that they are returning to Comiskey. Their cart will be set up behind Sec. 138.

ewokpelts
04-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Wow Bao posted on Facebook today that they are returning to Comiskey. Their cart will be set up behind Sec. 138.sweet