PDA

View Full Version : This is the time to be a true White Sox fan


Viva Magglio
06-16-2002, 08:25 AM
The best fans are the ones who stick by the team when things are at their worse. In all likelihood, we will get swept by the Cubs this afternoon and be at the lowest moment of our franchise's history since the 1919 Black Sox Scandal. This sweep will be far worse than the 1998 Cubs' sweep because it could be argued that the Cubs, much to our chagrin, were the better them in 1998 making that sweep seem more logical, if you could call it that.

We will have to endure endless ridicule from braggadocio Cubs fans and the media biased against us. One dumbass Cub fan caller after another on talk radio will be singing "Hey Hey Holy Mackerel" and proclaiming that the Cubs will leapfrog five teams and run away with the NL Central. No teal. At the same time, the media will initiate sentiment like our team should be contracted.

As White Sox fans, we will feel nothing but total and absolute shame. The humiliation will be a Category 5 hurricane. Yet, this is where we will see the real White Sox fans. It's easy to be a White Sox fan when we are winning. Just look back to 2000. When those playoff games took place, the fan gripes associated with Comiskey Park totally dissolved. Frontrunners are plentiful when times are good. When times are at their lowest, which is the case presently, the true fans are there.

my5thbench
06-16-2002, 08:35 AM
come in off the ledge....our Sox will get it going, I look for
a big game from Tod Ritchie today & we avoid the sweep

go go SOXXXXXXXXXXXX

GASHWOUND
06-16-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
The best fans are the ones who stick by the team when things are at their worse. In all likelihood, we will get swept by the Cubs this afternoon and be at the lowest moment of our franchise's history since the 1919 Black Sox Scandal. This sweep will be far worse than the 1998 Cubs' sweep because it could be argued that the Cubs, much to our chagrin, were the better them in 1998 making that sweep seem more logical, if you could call it that.

We will have to endure endless ridicule from braggadocio Cubs fans and the media biased against us. One dumbass Cub fan caller after another on talk radio will be singing "Hey Hey Holy Mackerel" and proclaiming that the Cubs will leapfrog five teams and run away with the NL Central. No teal. At the same time, the media will initiate sentiment like our team should be contracted.

As White Sox fans, we will feel nothing but total and absolute shame. The humiliation will be a Category 5 hurricane. Yet, this is where we will see the real White Sox fans. It's easy to be a White Sox fan when we are winning. Just look back to 2000. When those playoff games took place, the fan gripes associated with Comiskey Park totally dissolved. Frontrunners are plentiful when times are good. When times are at their lowest, which is the case presently, the true fans are there.

Agreed, if we do get swept I'm avoiding sports talk for a week if not longer. If we weren't already looked down upon by all the fans and media, if we get swept by the cubs imagine the humility of getting shellacked by one of the worst teams in baseball, along with probably the weakest hitting teams in baseball.What would that make us?? We'd be a laughing stock by all.
The only thing that can save us now is a 10-0 victory today, Ritchie throwing a CG shut out, and us knocking Wood around. That would at least save us grace, even though we've lost the series.
Argg, to be a Sox fan in these dark times..shows what you're really made of

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-16-2002, 10:27 AM
I agree with you, I'll be a sox fan even if they lose, I might not be hardcore sox fan, but I've been to 3 games so far this season(I think that's good considering I'm only 14 and I can only go if my dad will take me)

PaleHoseGeorge
06-16-2002, 11:28 AM
Sorry, but this series doesn't mean **** in the big scheme of things. Take a valium and go rest.

The Cubs suck and so do our Sox. All we're fighting for in this year's "crosstown classic" is the championship of the biggest litterbox filled with cat feces in the entire major leagues.

As bad as the Sox have played, let the delusional Flubs fans have what they've rightly earned. Let them pick out the turds and urine balls and display all of them on their fireplace mantel.

It will be the highlight of their entire season. Trust me.

voodoochile
06-16-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Sorry, but this series doesn't mean **** in the big scheme of things. Take a valium and go rest.

The Cubs suck and so do our Sox. All we're fighting for in this year's "crosstown classic" is the championship of the biggest litterbox filled with cat feces in the entire major leagues.

As bad as the Sox have played, let the delusional Flubs fans have what they've rightly earned. Let them pick out the turds and urine balls and display all of them on their fireplace mantel.

It will be the highlight of their entire season. Trust me.

Well said. If the Sox are going to do anything this year, they have to play much better. While it sucks to lose a series to the flubbies, it is much better than losing to the Twins, and we are not dead yet. Minnesota isn't exactly tearing it up recently...

TornLabrum
06-16-2002, 12:29 PM
How exactly is losing to a lousy team like the Cubs a good thing? A loss is still a loss, and if the Twinkies are not playing well, a loss to the Cubs keeps us from gaining any ground on them. The reasoning here baffles me.

Yes, if we beat the Twinkies, it's the equivalent of winning two against the Cubs, but a loss is still a loss, no matter who it's to. It prevents you from gaining ground, which is supposed to be the object, isn't it?

doublem23
06-16-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
In all likelihood, we will get swept by the Cubs this afternoon and be at the lowest moment of our franchise's history since the 1919 Black Sox Scandal.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................



























No.

voodoochile
06-16-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
How exactly is losing to a lousy team like the Cubs a good thing? A loss is still a loss, and if the Twinkies are not playing well, a loss to the Cubs keeps us from gaining any ground on them. The reasoning here baffles me.

Yes, if we beat the Twinkies, it's the equivalent of winning two against the Cubs, but a loss is still a loss, no matter who it's to. It prevents you from gaining ground, which is supposed to be the object, isn't it?

Where did anyone say that losing to the flubbies was a good thing? The most they waid was it isn't as bad as it could be. At present neither of these teams looks like world beaters, so really it is strictly about bragging rights. A loss hurts, but given the choice, I for one would rather lose a game to an NL squad than any team in the AL and way more than a game to a divisional foe...

CerberusWG
06-16-2002, 01:13 PM
I'm still wearing my hat with pride.