PDA

View Full Version : Joe Morgan...

Boondock Saint
04-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Does he ever stop saying stupid things? I'm watching the Boston-New York game, and I just heard him compare tonight's pitching match up (Sabathia vs. Beckett) to Koufax vs. Marichal. I get that Sabathia and Beckett are great pitchers right now, but neither of those guys should even be mentioned in the same sentence as Marichal, let alone Koufax. Someone has got to put a muzzle on Morgan.

Bucky F. Dent
04-04-2010, 09:06 PM
He also stated that you need to score runs to win a game. I missed baseball, I did not miss Morgan.

guillensdisciple
04-04-2010, 09:20 PM
According to him, Dr. Dre is a hell of a guy.

Clembasbal
04-04-2010, 09:54 PM
I hate the Cubs as much as the nice guy, but anybody that says that he really was the true 2B homerun king because Ryan Sanberg was techically a "3B" is bull. Morgan hated Ryno, and though I'm a Sox man true all-the-way-through, Sandberg was a hell of a 2B. Not that it matters because I think Kent owns it now and Utley will probably break it

Morgan is an idiot.

Boondock Saint
04-04-2010, 10:00 PM
He's also called Terry Francona "Tito" twice so far tonight. Tito Francona hasn't played baseball in 40 years.

Bobby Thigpen
04-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Morgan is an idiot.
End of thread.

sox1970
04-04-2010, 10:12 PM
He's also called Terry Francona "Tito" twice so far tonight. Tito Francona hasn't played baseball in 40 years.

People call him Tito too.

johnnyg83
04-04-2010, 10:16 PM
who's the third guy in the booth? Orel?

russ99
04-04-2010, 10:19 PM
I hate the Cubs as much as the nice guy, but anybody that says that he really was the true 2B homerun king because Ryan Sanberg was techically a "3B" is bull. Morgan hated Ryno, and though I'm a Sox man true all-the-way-through, Sandberg was a hell of a 2B. Not that it matters because I think Kent owns it now and Utley will probably break it

Morgan is an idiot.

Sandberg was helped greatly by his own park, both offensively and defensively (with the high grass at Wrigley). Put him in a turf cookie-cutter stadium of his era or a dome for his home games and he's probably not in the Hall of Fame.

Makes you appreciate a guy like Ozzie Smith even more, to play the way he did on Astroturf.

But I agree, Morgan's 3B "theory" is pretty dumb.

Boondock Saint
04-04-2010, 10:21 PM
who's the third guy in the booth? Orel?

Yep. Makes the game more enjoyable.

Side note: The guys in the booth are currently discussing nicknames (Tito for Francona came up), and they're talking about Jeter's locker room nickname being "Jeet". And Miller said something along the lines of "By the way, I got the Jeet from CC Sabathia". "The Jeet" sounds like an STD or something you'd get from drinking the water in a 3rd world country. Sophomoric, but I thought I'd share it with you all. :D:

BadBobbyJenks
04-04-2010, 10:33 PM
I believe I heard the longer your at bat goes, the more pitches you see.

Also when Orel asked him to expand about hitters reacting to the ball carrying more in spring training sites than the colder Boston, Joe just repeated exactly what Orel had just said.

He is one of a kind.

Brian26
04-04-2010, 10:45 PM

Morgan's been doing that for years, and he's not the only one. The Fox guys do it every season in the playoffs.

doublem23
04-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Morgan's to the point where he's so bad and crazy it's just expected. Luckily he's got Jon Miller next to him, who is ridiculously good at baseball PBP. I just chuckle whenever Morgan says something, he's so misinformed about everything, it's like listening to that crazy, old, racist, sexist relative of yours... You don't argue, you don't put up a fuss, you just listen, take a drink, and laugh to yourself. Something's never change, no use in getting all worked up about it.

Bucky F. Dent
04-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Clearly I'm getting old because Steven Tyler singing God Bless America just annoyed the hell out of me, and was that his nurse that he brought out there with him?

LongLiveFisk
04-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Clearly I'm getting old because Steven Tyler singing God Bless America just annoyed the hell out of me, and was that his nurse that he brought out there with him?

My niece thought it was his girlfriend. I thought it was his daughter. It's confusing because nowadays the girlfriends are younger than the daughters.

(But I think he's married)

JB98
04-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Does he ever stop saying stupid things? I'm watching the Boston-New York game, and I just heard him compare tonight's pitching match up (Sabathia vs. Beckett) to Koufax vs. Marichal. I get that Sabathia and Beckett are great pitchers right now, but neither of those guys should even be mentioned in the same sentence as Marichal, let alone Koufax. Someone has got to put a muzzle on Morgan.

LOL.

And what an epic pitcher's duel this has been.

7-7 in the seventh inning as I type. Morgan looking real stupid with that earlier proclamation.

Thatguyoverthere
04-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Chan Ho Park :rolling:

Brian26
04-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Marte just can't pitch in Boston.

Gavin
04-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Marte just can't pitch in Boston.

I smirked at the mention of Marte's 7 scoreless postseason IP... I guess he doesn't even get an 1/3rd of an IP for Game 3 in Boston...

manders_01
04-04-2010, 11:19 PM
He also stated that you need to score runs to win a game. I missed baseball, I did not miss Morgan.

When the game started and they were all chatting, all I could think was "I hope the Sox don't have any Sunday night games this season." :D:

Brian26
04-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Goosebumps here. Diamond singing Sweet Caroline :rolleyes:

Boondock Saint
04-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Goosebumps here. Diamond singing Sweet Caroline :rolleyes:

:puking:

There isn't a dumber tradition in sports.

Bucky F. Dent
04-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Really, Neil Diamond? Maybe the ESPN boys will complete this nightmare and bring Tim McCarver into the booth.

Bucky F. Dent
04-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Morgan is rubbing off on Hersheiser. Orel just talked about the intensity with which Justin Chamberlain licked his fingers. I HATE ESPN's baseball coverage

sox1970
04-05-2010, 12:09 AM

Marichal has a 9.64 ERA and Koufax is at 8.44.

mjmcend
04-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Joe: "They used to call that Pesky Pole."
Jon: "They still do. In fact, I just called it that."

Jon: "It's 302 down the line there."
Joe: "How far do you think it is down that line; about 290?"

Miller must be related to Mother Theresa because not once has he started to strangle Morgan in the middle of a broadcast.

DSpivack
04-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Joe: "They used to call that Pesky Pole."
Jon: "They still do. In fact, I just called it that."

Jon: "It's 302 down the line there."
Joe: "How far do you think it is down that line; about 290?"

Miller must be related to Mother Theresa because not once has he started to strangle Morgan in the middle of a broadcast.

I've always liked Jon Miller. I really ought to listen to more telecasts of that duo, at least they're entertaining with good pbp and a great voice from Miller, and the neverending hilarity that is Joe Morgan. Buck and McCarver just seem bored and disinterested and that they can't wait to be done with the game. Miller is class and Morgan is comedy.

CLR01
04-05-2010, 01:54 AM
A thread about Joe Morgan being an idiot? Season must be underway.

SI1020
04-05-2010, 10:22 AM
:puking:

There isn't a dumber tradition in sports. Oh yes there are. I can think of two that happen regularly in Wrigley Field.

CLR01
04-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Oh yes there are. I can think of two that happen regularly in Wrigley Field.

They are all on the same level.