PDA

View Full Version : ESPN haters rejoice

doublem23
04-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Another great reason to avoid the WWL

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/04/espn-hires-schilling-as-baseball-analyst.html

october23sp
04-03-2010, 10:20 PM
ESPN-
Boston Red Sox television

TDog
04-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Schilling is actually a very well spoken person with a good radio/television presence. That can't be said for more than half of the people doing baseball for ESPN.

jiffy247
04-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Schilling is actually a very well spoken person with a good radio/television presence. That can't be said for more than half of the people doing baseball for ESPN.

yea the best one they have is chris singleton, "baseball expert"

doublem23
04-03-2010, 11:31 PM

Have you even watched Singleton on ESPN? He's actually quite good now that he doesn't have to work with his bumbling idiot sidekick on the Score.

Twins_Morneau
04-04-2010, 02:56 AM
Well atleast its not former Cubs their hiring.

goon
04-04-2010, 09:40 AM

Singleton has been excellent with his time at ESPN.

Does anyone watch ESPN over MLB Network? I suppose if your cable provider doesn't offer it... I made the switch and never looked back.

Frontman
04-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Singleton has been excellent with his time at ESPN.

Does anyone watch ESPN over MLB Network? I suppose if your cable provider doesn't offer it... I made the switch and never looked back.

Agreed. I might catch a bit of Baseball tonight if I know a Sox play might make a webgem; but beyond that? No; I can't be bothered with it. Harold Reynolds and Mitch Williams have more insight to baseball than Mr. "I had to get one last at-bat to have an awesome BA" Kruk will ever have to the game, much less the rest of the sniveling whiny pinheads who work that desk.

Singelton is only one worth anything on ESPN. As much as John Miller has an INCREDIBLE voice for broadcasting; his partnering with Joe Morgan makes me want to vomit.

SI1020
04-04-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm glad for Singleton that he's doing well in his new gig, but he was the worst baseball announcer I ever heard. It wouldn't have mattered who he worked with. Unlike an old maxim from the 70s Singleton has found his level of competence. I wish him continued good luck and success.

Boondock Saint
04-04-2010, 12:19 PM
As much as John Miller has an INCREDIBLE voice for broadcasting; his partnering with Joe Morgan makes me want to vomit.

Quoted for truth.

MUsoxfan
04-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm in the minority, but I love Schilling both as a player and a personality. I'm looking forward to this

tstrike2000
04-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm in the minority, but I love Schilling both as a player and a personality. I'm looking forward to this

Same here. I think Schilling will actually be good and tells it like it is.

Boondock Saint
04-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Same here. I think Schilling will actually be good and tells it like it is.

I know he has a reputation for speaking his mind, but he works for ESPN now. I doubt there will be any "Telling it like it is". I imagine it'll be more like Charles Barkley on TNT, or Terry Bradshaw on Fox. They'll give him a little rope, but make sure he knows that he's to keep the controversial comments to a minimum.

twinslayer
04-04-2010, 06:30 PM
That stupid Tim just said Dusty Baker is the manager of the Cubs. I don't know how much longer I can take it.

VenturaFan23
04-04-2010, 06:47 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it yet again......Thank God for MLB Network!

russ99
04-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Jon Miller doesn't look so good. Gained a lot of weight, hope he's OK.

johnnyg83
04-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Hopefully they'll install a sock-cam so we can see the pain he's analyzing through.

asindc
04-05-2010, 09:38 AM

I echo these comments, and it is all I will say about this.

NardiWasHere
04-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Schilling is a blowhard.

wmusox9
04-05-2010, 01:40 PM
MLB Network

I think I made the switch to MLB Tonight on Opening day last year after Baseball Tonight had White Sox highlights buried in the final 3 minutes of the show with only 30 seconds of coverage.

MetroPD
04-05-2010, 11:47 PM
I actually look forward to him and Singleton. What I loathe to hear is the bloody sock reference over and over and over and over and over and over again.

cws05champ
04-06-2010, 07:33 AM
I actually look forward to him and Singleton. What I loathe to hear is the bloody sock reference over and over and over and over and over and over again.
oohhh goody...they have Nomaaaar on there too. They will lose a lot of viewers this year to MLB network. They'll probably just blame it on the fans, saying they don't watch unless we play Yankees/Red Sox all the time.

seventyseven
04-06-2010, 09:35 AM

As long as you admit you are in the minority.

Jim Shorts
04-06-2010, 09:38 AM

This.

The entire network is bad, sans Hannah Storm.

soltrain21
04-07-2010, 05:14 PM
MLB Network just dropped down a notch because they currently have Chris Rose on my TV. He sucks.

Nellie_Fox
04-07-2010, 11:53 PM
MLB Network just dropped down a notch because they currently have Chris Rose on my TV. He sucks.How in the world does that guy have a job on TV? Who is he related to?

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-08-2010, 07:01 AM

This. I enjoy flipping between the Sox game and the MLB network because you know they're covering BASEBALL - all games. If you play fantasy, or the MLB Beat The Streak, etc., MLB Tonight has you covered.

Plesac, Reynolds and Mitch Williams(with some ESPNitis removed Peter Gammons) is a pleasure to watch.

twinslayer
04-13-2010, 11:05 PM
The guys on baseball tonight just said the white sox are:"a pretty good hitting ballclub". Inconsistent to say the least, are they watching the same team?