PDA

View Full Version : White Sox love from the Boston Globe

Fenway
04-03-2010, 01:35 PM
seems fair

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/gallery/2010/03_24_10_mazz_rankings?pg=26

Shoeless
04-03-2010, 05:09 PM
I like that ranking. It's right where Ozzie wants the media to put the Sox, I'm sure.

TDog
04-03-2010, 05:43 PM
I've heard more people talking about the White Sox this offseason than I have in the past. I wonder how much of it might be a reaction to national Cubs fatigue. People have been talking up the Cubs for so long and don't see them going anywhere in October or getting any better in the offseason. There are still Cubs fans all over the place, but national and West Coast media people seem much more skeptical about the Cubs this year than in the past. Looking more favorably at the White Sox could be part of the fallout.

Rdy2PlayBall
04-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I've heard more people talking about the White Sox this offseason than I have in the past. I wonder how much of it might be a reaction to national Cubs fatigue. People have been talking up the Cubs for so long and don't see them going anywhere in October or getting any better in the offseason. There are still Cubs fans all over the place, but national and West Coast media people seem much more skeptical about the Cubs this year than in the past. Looking more favorably at the White Sox could be part of the fallout.Maybe the Sox are just better looking on paper this year than in the past? We don't have to make a Cubs conspiracy theory about it. :shrug:

soxinem1
04-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I've heard more people talking about the White Sox this offseason than I have in the past. I wonder how much of it might be a reaction to national Cubs fatigue. People have been talking up the Cubs for so long and don't see them going anywhere in October or getting any better in the offseason. There are still Cubs fans all over the place, but national and West Coast media people seem much more skeptical about the Cubs this year than in the past. Looking more favorably at the White Sox could be part of the fallout.

Hopefully it will not be the cubs who are flying under the radar.

If they do, the national media will be all over them and milk it for all it is worth.

The 2010 White Sox are intriguing. They could win 90-95, or have a losing record. We just have to see how it all comes together.

Gammons Peter
04-03-2010, 08:59 PM
How is that "love"??

They pick us behind the Twins and just ahead of the Tigers

TDog
04-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Maybe the Sox are just better looking on paper this year than in the past? We don't have to make a Cubs conspiracy theory about it. :shrug:

I'm not espousing a conspiracy theory. Seriously, I live in Northern California, and this week I heard two hosts ask two analysts on two stations essentially the same question, "who makes the playoffs, Cubs or White Sox?" The answer on both occasions was White Sox, although one of the analysts hardly mentioned the Sox in talking about everything he didn't like about the Cubs.

People are noticing the White Sox because they have the potential to get great pitching this season. I'm guessing that more people are noticing because non-Cubs fans are becoming sick of the Cubs. Where I live, people generally don't give a second thought to the White Sox. This year they have, and it's not like the Sox signed two or three top free agents.

harwar
04-04-2010, 05:48 AM
How is that "love"??

They pick us behind the Twins and just ahead of the Tigers

Yea, i agree .. let the White Sox and twins switch places and then (like the old Poco song) you can Call It Love ..

doublem23
04-04-2010, 05:54 AM
For the record, that's not #7 in MLB, that's #7 in the American League.

guillensdisciple
04-04-2010, 12:21 PM
I am still not understanding all the negatives about the White Sox, and the positives about the Twins.

When did hitting win championships?

And how is Minnesota all of a sudden the god of all hitting teams?

Same line-up as last year except with Orlando Hudson in it, I am confused.

doublem23
04-04-2010, 12:23 PM

Last year, the teams that went to the play-offs from the American League finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in the AL R/G.

SephClone89
04-04-2010, 12:24 PM
I am still not understanding all the negatives about the White Sox, and the positives about the Twins.

And how is Minnesota all of a sudden the god of all hitting teams?

Same line-up as last year except with Orlando Hudson in it, I am confused.

JJ Hardy is a better hitter than Gomez. And Thome gives them a lot of depth. Their park caters to lefties now, which they have a ton of.

Corlose 15
04-05-2010, 08:51 AM
It's not a given that JJ Hardy makes the Twins lineup any better. He was demoted last year because he was hitting so poorly. Why is it that he's likely to bounce back but Rios won't?