PDA

View Full Version : JD signing with Brewers?

konerko 14
04-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I heard a few people talking about this on another site, but couldn't find anything else about it, anyone know if he's already signed with them, or close?

Lip Man 1
04-02-2010, 10:57 PM
I saw something in a newsflash on the Tribune web site, I think it was yesterday but the brief said they talked but Milwaukee then decided against it.

Lip

Red Barchetta
04-03-2010, 01:27 PM
I can't believe he's fallen that far off the FA market. I know he had a bad second half, but I thought some AL team would take a shot at him for at least a secondary OF/DH role.

VMSNS
04-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I can't believe he's fallen that far off the FA market. I know he had a bad second half, but I thought some AL team would take a shot at him for at least a secondary OF/DH role.

Several teams have expressed interest in him, but he has a laundry list of demands. That's why he's not signed.

Dibbs
04-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Several teams have expressed interest in him, but he has a laundry list of demands. That's why he's not signed.

I feel bad for him because I love JD, but he should have chilled on the demands. So much changes during the course of a season.

HomeFish
04-03-2010, 04:43 PM
This is weird to me because JD was nothing except a class act on the south side.

parlaycard
04-03-2010, 05:08 PM
This is weird to me because JD was nothing except a class act on the south side.

Teams are looking for production on the cheap.. Especially if they need it at the time of opening day.

Class doesnt enter into the equation.

If Manny could be had on the cheap, there would be plenty of takers.

HomeFish
04-05-2010, 01:57 AM
Class doesnt enter into the equation.

I was referring to JD publicly complaining and setting demands, which is not the JD we Sox fans know.

TomBradley72
04-05-2010, 09:20 AM
I was referring to JD publicly complaining and setting demands, which is not the JD we Sox fans know.

Probably just where he is career wise...he's interested in a starting role with a contender...otherwise, looks like he's willing to retire.