PDA

View Full Version : Who leads this team?

PaleHoseGeorge
06-15-2002, 09:32 PM
It appears this team has no rudder. Are these the reasons why?

The Sox leader is...

Not Frank Thomas. He has never been vocal in the clubhouse.

Not Jose Valentin. His moment was two years ago, which not coincidentally was the last time Jerry Manuel gave him an everyday playing position.

Not Mark Buehrle. He's too young, and when he did speak up, it was about leaving for St. Louis.

Not Ken Lofton. He's been with the club just five months and is currently hurt.

Not Ray Durham. Manuel has tried repeatedly to make him a leader, but the guy only succeeds in putting his foot in his mouth.

Not Magglio. English is still a bit of a challenge for him.

Not Konerko. He's wound too tight over his own performance to stay focused very long on the team's effort.

Not Alomar. The guy's knees are too weak to keep him around enough.

Spiff
06-15-2002, 09:34 PM
Could be Foulke if he didn't suck so bad lately. Nobody's gonna listen to him.

Daver
06-15-2002, 09:39 PM
Mark Johnson.

EyeLoveOrdonez30
06-15-2002, 10:11 PM
I guess I would say Maggs. So what if he isn't great at English? He's still an awesome player. Either him or Konerko. It's a close call.

guillen4life13
06-15-2002, 10:21 PM
on the field: when healthy, kenny lofton. otherwise it's maggs.
off the field: konerko, valentin

RedPinStripes
06-15-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by daver
Mark Johnson.

:?:

PaleHoseGeorge
06-16-2002, 11:12 AM
Is there anybody on the Sox the past two years that receives less respect from the Sox brass than Mark Johnson? The Sox keep searching for guys to be the #1 catcher and they can't find anybody that is better than their current back up.

Fordyce.
Paul.
Alomar.

Charles Johnson was superior, but Lord knows Reinsdorf wasn't going to pay to keep him around.

Is there any sense to the Sox personnel moves? I'm really beginning to wonder...

:reinsy
"Sure there is! Whatever I'm willing to spend, and not a penny more. Keep buying tickets--or else!"

CLR01
06-16-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
It appears this team has no rudder. Are these the reasons why?Not Mark Buehrle. He's too young, and when he did speak up, it was about leaving for St. Louis.

When did he speak up about going to St Louis?

cheeses_h_rice
06-16-2002, 12:51 PM
I can't believe George missed the obvious, runaway winner for the title "leader" of this White Sox team...

:hitless

Frank! Maggs! Go get my glove and bubblegum, stat!

LongDistanceFan
06-16-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

When did he speak up about going to St Louis? during the winter at the stl winter fest..

doublem23
06-16-2002, 12:59 PM
:graff
I think it's quite obvious I'm in charge around here.

CLR01
06-16-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
during the winter at the stl winter fest..

Oh Give me a break. He was ****in around. It was a joke he said so himself. Get over it. Jesus

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20020211_buehrle _news&team_id=cws

LongDistanceFan
06-16-2002, 01:13 PM

Oh Give me a break. He was ****in around. It was a joke he said so himself. Get over it. Jesus

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20020211_buehrle _news&team_id=cws how do you know for sure he was ****ing around??? like he was going to admit that he meant it....... you get over it............. i only said and posted what you wanted to know.......... i didn't post it......... ref it to PHG, he the one who posted it.......

CLR01
06-16-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
how do you know for sure he was fvvcking around??? like he was going to admit that he meant it....... you get over it............. i only said and posted what you wanted to know.......... i didn't post it......... ref it to PHG, he the one who posted it.......

Sorry didnt mean to snap on you about it, i just quoted your post. I knew about the winter thing but i thought maybe something was printed last week about it, it was a long week and i didnt have much time to read any papers. Do i know for a fact that he wasn't joking, ofcourse not but Ill believe Buehrle when he says that it was a joke before ill believe anyone else that it wasn't. Unless PHG has credible prove that what he said was not a joke and he meant every word of it I think it is bull**** that he uses it to discredit him as a leader of the team.

LongDistanceFan
06-16-2002, 01:31 PM

Sorry didnt mean to snap on you about it, i just quoted your post. no prob

LongDistanceFan
06-16-2002, 01:36 PM

Do i know for a fact that he wasn't joking, ofcourse not but Ill believe Buehrle when he says that it was a joke before ill believe anyone else that it wasn't. but if it was meant as a joke..... most people would've given a disclaimer at the time....... i would think that most people would've given one.........

i believe that we covered this before..........