PDA

View Full Version : Konerko: This Isn't Football

Viva Magglio
06-15-2002, 09:26 PM
When asked after today's game about team intensity, Paul Konerko said along the lines that this isn't football. He said baseball is a different game. I agree this is not football. But that is no excuse either. They came into this series with the Erik Kramer "To me it's just another game" attitude.

oldcomiskey
06-15-2002, 11:05 PM
I figured that along time ago---thats why this team is a quitter--no thank you--give Me the 83 team anyday

DonkeyKongerko
06-16-2002, 12:35 AM
i agree partially with paul that intensity is not nearly as important in baseball as in football. but, couterpoint, if a large percentage of YOUR OWN fans perceive your team is underachieving, they are most likely correct.

Nellie_Fox
06-16-2002, 03:40 AM
If this team doesn't understand that their fans care deeply about the Cubs series, and just treat it as another series, then I'll care about them as much as they care about us.

ISUSoxfan
06-16-2002, 03:48 AM
No, Konerko, this is not football. If it was, the Cubs first base coach would have jumped on your fumble before Biddle got to it.

ChiSoxBobette
06-16-2002, 08:40 AM
Ya know I was one of the idiots that would yell for pauly to hit one out when we were down and scream and yell when he made a half good play at 1st, but little did I know he was just showcasing himself for the flubs after the comments he made about gigley and then yesterday after the game well I say pack him up with a couple of the other stat watching no offense bad baserunning stand there and watch strike three with the bat on your shoulder bums and lets get ready for next year. If we get swept by the flubs and then have to go into philly then atlanta before we get to minnesota we could possibly be 12 games back. I don't see this team with this manager, who by the way had to know M.B was tired but still let him pitch to a righthanded batter with the bases loaded when we were up 3-2;beating the twinkies. As of this moment we are 5 games back with a lose today and a twins win 6 games back. Still no comments from the owner about the dismal managing going on here at the very least get rid of the batting coach evidently nobody is listening to him. I can see this team at the very least 10 games back before we hit twinkie town and if manuel is still managing well I guess nobody owns this team. :?: :?: