PDA

View Full Version : "White Sox Baseball Live" show on The Score.

SephClone89
04-01-2010, 12:22 PM
This three-hour show with Ranger and Holmes was on Tuesday and Wednesday night, and is back Friday night.

I really enjoy it and think we need more regularly-scheduled Sox programming in town. White Sox Weekly is nice but it's always hard to remember to listen to and it's far too short.

Could they make White Sox Baseball Live a semi-regular program? Do it on Sunday nights or any off day or something? I know Ranger obviously needs break, but I would have no problems hearing this show more often. More Sox talk is always a good thing, especially when it's done by experts and not the casual/Cub fans who populate most of the hours on the airwaves on both sports stations.

PS You can download the podcasts of this show on the Score's website. Podspot-->Nights and Weekends.

LoveYourSuit
04-01-2010, 12:55 PM
I think the pre and post game show is more than enough Sox coverage for me.

I think that White Sox weekly on Saturdays is a waste of time. I mean, how many more times can Rongey interview Hahn, Farmer, and Merkin?

It's too water down for me.

mzh
04-01-2010, 01:09 PM

I think that White Sox weekly on Saturdays is a waste of time. I mean, how many more times can Rongey interview Hahn, Farmer, and Merkin?

Which is one of the reasons the show yesterday was excellent, they had time to get decent interviews with guys outside the organization. Yesterday they talked for 20 minutes with Joe Posnanski (spelling?), the SI writer who picked the sox to come in third.

sox1970
04-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Which is one of the reasons the show yesterday was excellent, they had time to get decent interviews with guys outside the organization. Yesterday they talked for 20 minutes with Joe Posnanski (spelling?), the SI writer who picked the sox to come in third.

And Chris and Laurence laughed at how bad he was too.

Jim Shorts
04-01-2010, 01:21 PM

Posnanski dispises the Sox. He's a KC homer

Ranger
04-01-2010, 02:19 PM

It was more that it was apparent he didn't really know a whole lot of smaller details about the club. Details that could affect the season, and thus, would've been helpful in making a preseason prediction.

mzh
04-01-2010, 02:23 PM
It was more that it was apparent he didn't really know a whole lot of smaller details about the club. Details that could affect the season, and thus, would've been helpful in making a preseason prediction.
For instance, noting that Kotsay was the leading candidate to be our regular DH. Obviously he hasn't been watching the progression of Andruw Jones. Kotsay seems more like a super-sub candidate that a regular DH,

Dibbs
04-01-2010, 02:25 PM
They mentioned White Sox Interactive on the show, but they called it Sox Interactive. They said something about crazy posters obsessed with the Cubs.

longshot7
04-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Great job Chris - really enjoyed it.....

longshot7
04-01-2010, 02:29 PM
For instance, noting that Kotsay was the leading candidate to be our regular DH. Obviously he hasn't been watching the progression of Andruw Jones. Kotsay seems more like a super-sub candidate that a regular DH,

The "30 in 30" show on MLB network made this mistake as well. Not only was Kotsay listed as the only DH, they had him batting 3rd.

WHA?

sox1970
04-01-2010, 04:09 PM

And the "Ozzie is crazy" national perspective was also appreciated.

I did like the Family Guy clip--Bucky Lagrange. He hasn't got a hit in ever. In ever, Jerry. In ever.

Ranger
04-01-2010, 04:25 PM
They mentioned White Sox Interactive on the show, but they called it Sox Interactive. They said something about crazy posters obsessed with the Cubs.

Yeah, that was me. I was talking about Hangar and his daily media watch. I love Henry.

And the "Ozzie is crazy" national perspective was also appreciated.

I did like the Family Guy clip--Bucky Lagrange. He hasn't got a hit in ever. In ever, Jerry. In ever.

That is just excellent. Can't believe I had never seen that one.

ewokpelts
04-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah, that was me. I was talking about Hangar and his daily media watch. I love Henry.

That is just excellent. Can't believe I had never seen that one.Henry dosent really post here anymore.

TomBradley72
04-01-2010, 04:40 PM

Heresy!

If there was a WSOX radio station....I would listen to it..."classic replays" from the days of Del Crandall, Early Wynn, etc in the booth....Joe McConnell making every warning track fly ball sound like a home run.

Ranger's "greatest hits" with some of his most memorable callers...especially after heartbreaking losses..what potential!

asindc
04-01-2010, 04:45 PM

That was quite apparent just from reading his article. I noticed the same with other teams as well. Posnanski is one of the best sports writers out there now, but this one was a rare miss for him, IMO, and not because of the Sox prediction.

ChiSoxGirl
04-01-2010, 09:27 PM

I heard this last night and as soon as you said, "he used to count Cubs newspaper articles vs. Sox newspaper articles," I knew EXACTLY who you were talking about. I was laughing so hard! :D:

Brian26
04-01-2010, 09:39 PM

"Crazy posters..."?

Steve Dahl tends to to pull this nonsense quite often too.

Local print and broadcast outlets seem nervous about the popularity of the internet (and in particular this website), so their best answer is to paint it as a refuge for crazy people. Yet, the conversation here is multiple times more intelligent than any of the drivel on either sports radio station in town, and worlds better than either paper.

Coincidentally, Dahl's only broadcasting occurs over the internet via podcasts, while Ranger is here everyday lurking and sometimes participating.

Brian26
04-01-2010, 09:41 PM

Henry dosent really post here anymore.

Henry hasn't posted that media watch here in years.

Ranger
04-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Henry dosent really post here anymore.

Henry hasn't posted that media watch here in years.

I'm aware of that. Which is why I said, " a guy that used to post" at WSI.

ewokpelts
04-02-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm aware of that. Which is why I said, " a guy that used to post" at WSI.I'd tell you where he is now, but it'd be the end of me here.