PDA

View Full Version : 30 Clubs in 30 Days

Rudy Law
04-01-2010, 02:36 AM
Just watched the MLB network preview on the White Sox... It was a great show.... Guys previewing a team who aren't dissappointed that they aren't talking Yankees, Red Sox.... Plus they actually sound like they have done some research and even watched a game or two... Just had to post this....

JohnTucker0814
04-01-2010, 06:54 AM
Just watched the MLB network preview on the White Sox... It was a great show.... Guys previewing a team who aren't dissappointed that they aren't talking Yankees, Red Sox.... Plus they actually sound like they have done some research and even watched a game or two... Just had to post this....

I enjoyed the show as well. Plesac seems genuinly excited about the Sox. the only thing I didn't get was when they projected the line-up they had Kotsay 3rd and Quentin 5th. IMO there is NO WAY that Q will be batting behind Paulie. Ozzie may bat Kotsay 3rd on occasion, but I also think Ozzie is in love with Andruw Jones so that is going to cut into Kotsays starts as well.

Other than that, it was really fun. I loved the comment from Ozzie about him being 25 and he had a fake birth certificate! haha Gold, Jerry!

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-01-2010, 06:58 AM
It was a great show - amazing what happens when you can focus on ONE team for a period of time. I watched the 30/30 with the Giants, the Angels and the Rockies. I think the coverage is fair, objective and focused. They (of course) focus on highlights but Mitch Williams has become a versed, well spoken pitching analyst and speaks his mind (good or bad).

asindc
04-01-2010, 08:00 AM
I enjoyed the show as well. Plesac seems genuinly excited about the Sox. the only thing I didn't get was when they projected the line-up they had Kotsay 3rd and Quentin 5th. IMO there is NO WAY that Q will be batting behind Paulie. Ozzie may bat Kotsay 3rd on occasion, but I also think Ozzie is in love with Andruw Jones so that is going to cut into Kotsays starts as well.

Other than that, it was really fun. I loved the comment from Ozzie about him being 25 and he had a fake birth certificate! haha Gold, Jerry!

That was my only quibble as well. It seems as though they were talking to Mark Gonzales about the lineup. I find it interesting that Williams doesn't even think the Twinkees will be there at the end. Maybe its a reliever thing, thinking that Nathan makes that much difference. While I do think they will miss him, I don't think his absence removes them from the race. I also don't see the optimism for Detroit.

I also watched the Nats' 30/30. Good coverage. I hope folks at ESPN are taking notes.

Procol Harum
04-01-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the Sox program which I've DVR'd. I've seen several other episodes of this series and I'm very impressed with the research and presentation--these guys actually seem like they really do pay attention to baseball, as opposed to the myopic Northeastern version of the game that comes to us via ESPN.

tick53
04-01-2010, 09:51 AM
I had been looking forward to it for weeks and I wasn't disappointed. Jolly Good Show!

Jim Shorts
04-01-2010, 10:22 AM
I hope folks at ESPN are taking notes.

Ha! I really have no reason to watch that network anymore. And I'm pretty pleased with that.

Lip Man 1
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM
I enjoyed the show. Thought it was fair and well done.

Lip

VeeckAsInWreck
04-01-2010, 03:25 PM
For those who don't have MLB Network, you can watch the program here.

http://mlbnetwork-origin.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=7241245&topic_id=8187248

pudge
04-01-2010, 03:31 PM
I have to generally agree, although I still feel the Internet and multitude of outlets continue to lessen the impact one TV show like this has, as I felt like I learned nothing new, and heard no new insight. And try watching one of those "30 in 30" for a club you're not that interested in, and it's painfully boring. I am far more interested in the upcoming The Club, although I'm sure some of that is staged.

I will say, there was one intriguing comment when Mitch Williams suggested Alexei was in the 9-hole so he could just free-swing. Considering Ozzie himself was a similar 9-hole hitter, that made some sense, and if that's the logic I totally agree with it.

wilburaga
04-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Very good job by MLB network.

Our all-time homegrown team was a little depressing, featuring Carlos Lee in left, Cameron in center, and Downing for catcher. Hey, what's wrong with the Barbarian?

And how did Pods' walk off not make the top ten moments? And they should have doubled up on Uribe's game four heroics. But I quibble.

JohnTucker0814
04-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Ha! I really have no reason to watch that network anymore. And I'm pretty pleased with that.

I love MLBNetwork. I refuse to switch to any other cable/sat carrier because I would miss this network. I flit to ESPN to catch a little Rome or PTI occasionally. But I NEVER get any baseball news from that channel. Unless there is a reason for me need some Yankees/Red Sox talk, why bother? I turned the TV on one day and Baseball Tonight was on... they were on location of the Yankees spring training facility... I don't know if they visited all of them, but I highly doubt they did!

WhiteSoxFTW
04-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I really haven't watched ESPN on purpose in close to ten years. I really can't stomach it. I pretty much only watch it in restaurants/bars/etc when I have no control over the channel.

SOXfnNlansing
04-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I'll echo what everyone said about 30 in 30, MLB Network, and espn's dismal programming. :bandance:

twinslayer
04-01-2010, 11:18 PM
ESPN really isn't that bad if you are a highlight person. I am, and I can handle the analysts. However, this will be my first year with MLBNetwork, so judging by my great buddies here at WSI, I am excited to watch their analysis

SephClone89
04-01-2010, 11:23 PM
For those who don't have MLB Network, you can watch the program here.

http://mlbnetwork-origin.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=7241245&topic_id=8187248

Brilliant! I had found clips but couldn't find the full show. Thanks a lot.

WhiteSox5187
04-01-2010, 11:45 PM
I'm watching it now, but I think it was kind of interesting that Pleasac mentioned third base as being a "black hole" since Crede left. We've really had two every day third baseman since Crede left in '08 (not counting the time he spent on the DL and Uribe filled in) and that was Josh Fields and Gordon Beckham and Beckham did a pretty damn good job for a rookie who never played third before.