PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say this but you have made me think

oldcomiskey
06-15-2002, 06:28 PM
2 rising stars in Maggs and Walnuts----an aging DH who was hurt almost all last season--a second baseman who can be either great or awful --a SS who I love in Valentin but lets be honest--had a career year in 2000.....a third baseman whose better off in a utility role---an aging catcher--and a leftfielder that cant hit AND cant field--a pitching staff that minus Burly and garland would totaly suck and a bullpen that cant hold a lead----thats what I posted in a thread about Jerry Manuel--maybe this team was just that--an overachiever in 2000 with a few good players--I mean look at Foulke and Jose and Lee and Durham-----there are more 275 hitters on this tem than I care to mention---now 20 years ago that would be something but in todays game-------

Paulwny
06-15-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I mean look at Foulke and Jose and Lee and Durham-----there are more 275 hitters on this tem than I care to mention---now 20 years ago that would be something but in todays game-------

Yea, today their making >$10 mil combined.

RedPinStripes
06-15-2002, 07:27 PM
2 rising stars in Maggs and Walnuts----an aging DH who was hurt almost all last season--a second baseman who can be either great or awful --a SS who I love in Valentin but lets be honest--had a career year in 2000.....a third baseman whose better off in a utility role---an aging catcher--and a leftfielder that cant hit AND cant field--a pitching staff that minus Burly and garland would totaly suck and a bullpen that cant hold a lead----thats what I posted in a thread about Jerry Manuel--maybe this team was just that--an overachiever in 2000 with a few good players--I mean look at Foulke and Jose and Lee and Durham-----there are more 275 hitters on this tem than I care to mention---now 20 years ago that would be something but in todays game-------

Yup this team sucks beside a few stars.

oldcomiskey
06-15-2002, 07:30 PM
the sad thing is I dont think he was using sarcasm

DonkeyKongerko
06-15-2002, 11:47 PM
i think the 2002 white sox could win the 1983 world series

WinningUgly!
06-16-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
i think the 2002 white sox could win the 1983 world series

I think Scott McGregor, Storm Davis, Mike Boddicker, Dennis Martinez, Mike Flanagan, Jim Palmer & Tippy Martinez would put a quick end to that. :D: They didn't have a real bad lineup either.

oldcomiskey
06-16-2002, 07:50 AM
God I still hate Eddie Murray for the way he just beat us game after game..and dont even get me started about Tito and Dibber

Tragg
06-16-2002, 09:17 AM

In 2000, we had "Career years" from Lee, Valentin and Fordyce. We really had only one easy out in the lineup, and that was Singleton.

Now, we have 4 easy outs in the lineup: catcher, third, short, and left. Some of that is self-inflicted as we KNEW or should have known, that alomar and Clayton were horrendous offensive players when we signed them.

Otherwise, our starters in 2000 were consistent but not spectacular - they were also veterans (only Sirotka had an era below 4). Now we're younger, more talented, but less consistent.

Our bullpens our about the same, although that 2000 bullpen was pretty impeccable (foulke, howry, simas, wunsch) and this one isn't quite as consistent.

RedPinStripes
06-16-2002, 10:59 AM
God I still hate Eddie Murray for the way he just beat us game after game..and dont even get me started about Tito and Dibber

Same here! I hate eddie murray!

WinningUgly!
06-16-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

In 2000, we had "Career years" from Lee, Valentin and Fordyce. We really had only one easy out in the lineup, and that was Singleton.

Now, we have 4 easy outs in the lineup: catcher, third, short, and left. Some of that is self-inflicted as we KNEW or should have known, that alomar and Clayton were horrendous offensive players when we signed them.

Otherwise, our starters in 2000 were consistent but not spectacular - they were also veterans (only Sirotka had an era below 4). Now we're younger, more talented, but less consistent.

Our bullpens our about the same, although that 2000 bullpen was pretty impeccable (foulke, howry, simas, wunsch) and this one isn't quite as consistent.
I wouldn't call Fordyce's 40 games, with 125 AB, 5HR & 21 RBI a career year. :D:

Procol Harum
06-16-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

I wouldn't call Fordyce's 40 games, with 125 AB, 5HR & 21 RBI a career year. :D:

Depends who's career you're talking about--beats mine all to heck :gulp: