PDA

View Full Version : Report from the Urinal up north..

alohafri
06-15-2002, 06:25 PM
(the following are rantings from Aloha's wife)

Just got back from the Urinal. It is a dismal place, with even more dismal fans.
Here's my experience:
Walking to the Urinal we go past several bars/restaurants, the smell is gross. Like stale beer, old ashtrays and with a good measure of food being cooked. UGH!!
But I wasn't prepared for the absolute hell we were about to go into.
We get to our seats, and are minding our own business. The obnoxious scrub fans sitting behind us decide that they will treat us to their idea of a day at the ballgame--let's see how many clever remarks we can come up with to harass the Sox fans, who are trying to watch the game. So these pigs started from inning one: Sox suck, Jose is 0 for what?, Sox fans this, Sox fans that, on and on and on. Then, the Big skirt, over and over, leaning over in case I can't hear them...
Then, about the 6th inning, I get up to go to the poor excuse of a toilet (it's hard to tell where the "park" ends and the toilet starts)and a group of scrub fans start chanting Sox suck as I walk by...I didn't give them the satisfaction of acknowledging them...also, when hubby went to the toilet, he was harassed by some a-holes who said --hey you! Sox suck!
The second and last time I visit the toilet, there's the woman "toilet nazi" who makes sure the scrub bimbos know enough to go into an empty stall--she's yelling at them, "c'mon ma'am, go there...etc." Then she proceeds to walk up and down the aisles with a can of disinfectant, spraying all over the place. I was grossed out beyond belief.
I would recommend that any of you who are considering going to the dump up north--- STAY AWAY. That place stinks (really bad), the scrub fans are by far the worst you will ever encounter (only Cleveland fans come close)....what a pathetic bunch of a-holes. It is one thing to defend yourself against rude fans from the other team, but to be the instigators is so classless, I can't even comprehend it. I also noticed that the other Sox fans near us also were minding their own business---I was proud of those [Sox] fans who were just trying to watch the game and didn't want to start anything.

Viva Magglio
06-15-2002, 06:32 PM
I shouldn't ask this, but did anyone who went and had to endure that witness any fistfights in the ballpark or the bars? Just wondering.

Streets
06-15-2002, 10:32 PM
I think if I were to ever go back to the Urinal I would bring a garbage bag to sit on, and when I go to the bathroom I would put surgical gloves on and a mask, with an explanation of the mask such as "avoiding the Wrigley disease" or something on that order.