PDA

View Full Version : MY Joe Crede Theory

MaggPipes
06-15-2002, 07:25 PM
I believe I know why KW does not have Crede up, it is becuase of PR. If you bring up Joe now there is one thing that WILL NOT happen, and that is him trying to win rookie of the year, that is another little block that i have not heard people talk about....

also the thing with the bad Rocye (Clayton) I have my thoughts on what will happen:

1) Clayton is traded away and we take on most of salary
2) Clayton is cut after the trading deadline when we realize no one wants him.

Please have one of the two happen, maybe we can package he and Ray and Lee for a decent pitcher, of course that may be hard considering Ray and Royce would be rent-a-players.

I also want Joe Borchard up this year, later in the year and stay for good, though i dought it will be before September for him..

Also, how many options does Wee Willy have left?

Daver
06-15-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes

Also, how many options does Wee Willy have left?

I can't figure that without going through his years in the Baltimore system,but I am guessing this is his second call up.

Lip Man 1
06-15-2002, 07:37 PM
Another reason highly regarded prospects like Crede, Bouchard, Hummel etc may not be up now or in the future is the threat of a labor confrontation shutting down this season or the next one.

If those guys are on the active roster when either a strike / lockout is called they are obligated to follow it from the union standpoint or will not be allowed to be reassigned back to the minor leagues from the owners standpoint.

If in a worst case scenario baseball is shut down for the rest of the season and the first two or three months of the next one, those kids couldn't play anywhere.

That's something the Sox may not want to risk and also could be considered a clue as to which way the labor negotiations are going.

Lip

CLR01
06-15-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Another reason highly regarded prospects like Crede, Bouchard, Hummel etc may not be up now or in the future is the threat of a labor confrontation shutting down this season or the next one.

If those guys are on the active roster when either a strike / lockout is called they are obligated to follow it from the union standpoint or will not be allowed to be reassigned back to the minor leagues from the owners standpoint.

If in a worst case scenario baseball is shut down for the rest of the season and the first two or three months of the next one, those kids couldn't play anywhere.

That's something the Sox may not want to risk and also could be considered a clue as to which way the labor negotiations are going.

Lip

Wouldnt Crede have to sit out anyway since he is on the 40-man roster?

Daver
06-15-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

Wouldnt Crede have to sit out anyway since he is on the 40-man roster?

Anyone with MLB service time would have to,which is why Harris was called up,he had nine games up with the Orioles last season.

Lip Man 1
06-15-2002, 11:43 PM
Daver:

Could you check that someplace? I remember during the 94 labor situation, guys who had MLB experience but were in the minor leagues continuing to play because they weren't on the major league roster at the time.

Lip

Daver
06-15-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Daver:

Could you check that someplace? I remember during the 94 labor situation, guys who had MLB experience but were in the minor leagues continuing to play because they weren't on the major league roster at the time.

Lip

Lip,part of the CBA from 94 was that if you had service time time in MLB you would not be available in the event of another work stoppage,because the owners tried to hide players that were rehabbing on minor league rosters.
The shake up out of it is that if you have service time you are done from playing in the event of a strike.

MaggPipes
06-16-2002, 12:00 PM
so if you have played in the majors you are shut down? Well Joe Crede has played in the majors so that is NOT a reason is not up....

Daver
06-16-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
so if you have played in the majors you are shut down? Well Joe Crede has played in the majors so that is NOT a reason is not up....

I would guess that when Harris gets sent down after interleague play,Crede will take his roster spot.