PDA

View Full Version : Just an observation

twinslayer
03-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Is it just more or is this year full of spring training injuries? I feel like there's a new one every day, and some are going into the regular season. Is it usually this common?

mzh
03-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Is it just more or is this year full of spring training injuries? I feel like there's a new one every day, and some are going into the regular season. Is it usually this common?
Are you referring to the Sox or MLB in general? From my memory what with the WBC last year there were many more injuries than this year

DumpJerry
03-30-2010, 06:54 AM
Other than D. Lee falling out of a faulty chair, what notable injuries have there been this year? Joe Nathan's injury is probably from wear and tear over the years and not the result of a single incident in Spring Training.

twinslayer
03-30-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm talking about the entire MLB. Just little ones. Here's a list that I have
Andrew Bailey
Daisuke Matsuzaka
Alex Gordon
Joe Nathan (of course)
Kelvim Escobar
Huston Street
Ian Kinsler
Ted Lilly
Carlos Beltran
Brad Lidge
Kerry Wood
Neal Cotts
Angel Guzman
Lance Berkman
Yadier Molina
Russell Branyon
David Riske
Brandon Webb
To me, that's a big list of somewhat to very important players to a given team. Now I'm not sure if they are all direct result of spring training, but I just keep hearing about more and more players and teams being worried about being ready for opening day.

jabrch
03-30-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm talking about the entire MLB. Just little ones. Here's a list that I have
Andrew Bailey
Daisuke Matsuzaka
Alex Gordon
Joe Nathan (of course)
Kelvim Escobar
Huston Street
Ian Kinsler
Ted Lilly
Carlos Beltran
Brad Lidge
Kerry Wood
Neal Cotts
Angel Guzman
Lance Berkman
Yadier Molina
Russell Branyon
David Riske
Brandon Webb
To me, that's a big list of somewhat to very important players to a given team. Now I'm not sure if they are all direct result of spring training, but I just keep hearing about more and more players and teams being worried about being ready for opening day.

Most of those aren't ST issues. I don't think it is any different than usual. Cliff Lee needs to be added to the list.

twinslayer
03-30-2010, 01:07 PM
I guess I've just been paying much closer attention this year to players starting the year on the DL. Some players on my WSI fantasy league are hurt, so that's when I started looking for other players hurt. Oh well