PDA

View Full Version : Parking question

LITTLE NELL
03-29-2010, 07:40 PM
In my Sox schedule which came today in the mail it states that "Limited Cash Parking" is available at the park, I'm confused, what other kind of parking is there?

jamokes
03-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Season ticket coupons comes to mind.

Sox of White
03-29-2010, 09:26 PM
I'll often park a couple blocks east of the highway on michigan for free. Sometimes it is hard to find a spot, but if you don't mind a short walk it saves some money.

canOcorn
03-29-2010, 09:38 PM
In my Sox schedule which came today in the mail it states that "Limited Cash Parking" is available at the park, I'm confused, what other kind of parking is there?

There's probably half the lots that won't take cash. You need a prepaid parking pass. The bad thing with their current policy is that it's so fluid. One minute you can pay cash in a certain lot and then 15 minutes later they're directing you to another lot. I know there's a lot of *******s out there, but the majority of the parking crew for the Sox are a bunch of douchenozzles (yeah, I'm talking to you off duty police moonlighting).

LITTLE NELL
03-30-2010, 06:14 AM
There's probably half the lots that won't take cash. You need a prepaid parking pass. The bad thing with their current policy is that it's so fluid. One minute you can pay cash in a certain lot and then 15 minutes later they're directing you to another lot. I know there's a lot of *******s out there, but the majority of the parking crew for the Sox are a bunch of douchenozzles (yeah, I'm talking to you off duty police moonlighting).

How things have changed since I move south almost 17 years ago, prepaid parking passes??? Do you get a rain check on the parking pass if it rains? I have to get acclimated to the 21st century.

DumpJerry
03-30-2010, 06:42 AM

Wow.

How things have changed since I move south almost 17 years ago, prepaid parking passes??? Do you get a rain check on the parking pass if it rains? I have to get acclimated to the 21st century.

The pass is usually good for the make-up game. For a definitive answer to your questions, call 312-674-1000.

ewokpelts
03-30-2010, 10:04 AM
If the game is NOT rescheduled, then you get a replacement pass or comiskey cash. if it's rescheduled, then you use that pass. But sometimes the sox change course depending on the situation. 2007 comes to mind, where there were quite a few rain/cold postponments which resulte din day night doubleheaders, and they just let you redeem the pass for comiskey cash even though a new date was set.

doublem23
03-30-2010, 10:23 AM

Unless things have drastically changed since last year, most of the lots around the Cell take cash. I'm sure they just put that language in the schedule to try and scare you into buying a parking pass (which you can do on Ticketmaster now). Its in their best interest to wrestle that money out of your hands as quickly as possible. Unless the park is sold out to the rafters, I wouldn't worry about finding a spot in the cash lots.

roylestillman
03-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Again, let me put in a plug for the Park N Ride program. If you work downtown you can park in Lot A (right at the corner of 35th and Wentworth any time in the morning of a game (enter on Wentworth just North of 35th ) and take the red line into work. They park you right along the 35th street fence and allow you to tailgate from the time the rest of the lots open. It's the regular price, but you save the cost of parking downtown and the hassle of driving back to the park after work. Also Lot A is the easiest of the lots to exit after the game.