PDA

View Full Version : Rotation Question

cheezheadsoxfan
03-28-2010, 06:45 PM
If this is a dumb question I apologize, but is our rotation set yet? I want to see Floyd pitch and not sure if he's 3 or 4 after Danks. Trying to plan around work schedule.

sox1970
03-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Yes, it's Buehrle, Peavy, Floyd, Danks, Garcia.

BRDSR
03-28-2010, 06:53 PM
On a related note, what's the over/under on the number of starts Garcia has before he's out of the rotation? I would probably set it at 15, which should get him into late June. I see injury, Hudson, or an upgrade via trade supplanting him somewhere around there.

Can he be an asset out of the bullpen?

sox1970
03-28-2010, 07:10 PM
First week:

Buehrle-Westbrook
Peavy-Carmona
Floyd-Masterson

Danks-Liriano
Garcia-Baker
Buehrle-Blackburn

And then they go to Toronto and get swept.

cheezheadsoxfan
03-28-2010, 07:15 PM
First week:

Buehrle-Westbrook
Peavy-Carmona
Floyd-Masterson

Danks-Liriano
Garcia-Baker
Buehrle-Blackburn

Thanks for the info except for the last line.:shakehead:

sox1970
03-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the info except for the last line.:shakehead:

They always seem to struggle up there. Good thing no Halladay now, but I hope they get past the first 10 games at .500. Not have to dig out of a hole right away.

guillensdisciple
03-28-2010, 07:37 PM
First week:

Buehrle-Westbrook
Peavy-Carmona
Floyd-Masterson

Danks-Liriano
Garcia-Baker
Buehrle-Blackburn

I have trouble believing Peavy will let the Sox get swept in Toronto.

Frater Perdurabo
03-28-2010, 08:33 PM
I have trouble believing Peavy will let the Sox get swept in Toronto.

Why, will Peavy be the DH, too?

The Sox hitters always seem to suck early in the year in TOR. Expect to be shut out twice.

shes
03-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Wow, Toronto is going to be just horrible this year. Might not win 70 games. I think it's nuts to be forecasting a sweep from that team at this point.

Brian26
03-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Wow, Toronto is going to be just horrible this year. Might not win 70 games. I think it's nuts to be forecasting a sweep from that team at this point.

I don't think they're going to be that bad.

JohnTucker0814
03-28-2010, 10:51 PM

The Sox hitters always seem to suck early in the year in TOR. Expect to be shut out twice.

Beckham has never been to TOR early in the year... Rios is used to hitting up there and other than last year with us, he's hit well every year of his career. Teahen was 3 for 12 in TOR w/ 1 HR 3 RBI. Pierre is new to the AL, he might love TOR. Andrew Jones was 1 for 14 against TOR last year... but it seems like he's a little different, so he's hard to project. We aren't the same team, so to give a general statement about us struggling in TOR early in the year seems wrong.

Toronto is also a different team.

JMO

hi im skot
03-28-2010, 11:02 PM

A little early, don't you think?

JB98
03-28-2010, 11:07 PM

Ain't that the truth. They've lost a couple 1-0 ballgames up there.

The Sox haven't won a game in Toronto since 2007. They were swept all four games up there each of the past two seasons.

Just by law of averages, they should win one game in Toronto this year.

HomeFish
03-29-2010, 12:51 AM
With the day off after opening day, shouldn't they skip Garcia, making the last game of the Twins series a Peavy start and avoiding exposing Peavy to the stacked Toronto lineup?

jmeneghini1433
03-29-2010, 12:58 AM

Thanks for a good laugh :smile:

sox1970
03-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks for a good laugh :smile:

Glad you laughed. It was supposed to be funny. They should at least get a split up there.

sox1970
03-29-2010, 10:00 AM
With the day off after opening day, shouldn't they skip Garcia, making the last game of the Twins series a Peavy start and avoiding exposing Peavy to the stacked Toronto lineup?

No. As long as they don't have rain the first week, they won't start skipping Garcia and altering the rotation. Plus they don't want Danks and Buehrle back to back. They won't skip Freddy until the middle of May when they have off days on a Monday and Thursday.