PDA

View Full Version : The Scene in the Sox Clubhouse

RKMeibalane
06-15-2002, 04:47 PM
:hurt

"Dammit! That was a ball, not a strike. These umpires suck!"

:hitless

"Don't blame the men in blue, Frank. It's not their fault you can't reach outside pitches."

:hurt

"I can reach outside pitches. I've hit homers to right-center this season. In order to do that, I had to reach the outside pitch."

"Well, sorry! I didn't know that! I'm not perfect, you know."

:walnuts

"That's for sure."

"Shut up, Paul. Nice job playing first today. You're the best fielding first baseman since Don Mattingly. I'm sure you'll be winning as many Gold Gloves as he did, too."

:maggs

"Royce, you can't even hit the ball hard. You made fun of Frank because he struck out, but what does that say about you if Jerry pinch hit for you."

"Whaaa! I want my mommy!"

:maggs

"I cannot deal with this. I'm gonna go drink some Pesi."

WinningUgly!
06-15-2002, 04:51 PM
Funny...it would be even funnier if we hadn't just dropped 2 straight to the sad sCrUBS.

Spiff
06-15-2002, 05:00 PM
:jerry

Calm down everyone, I'll light some incense and we can do some chants or something it'll be alright. Hummmmmm.......

:burly

St. Louis 5, Kansas City 3...

Well I am no xerxes but then again who is...

Lip Man 1
06-15-2002, 05:59 PM
You might be interested in this. Relief pitcher Todd Jones has a weekly column in The Sporting News. I got mine this afternoon.

This week's column is called..."How to win calls and influence umpires."

This is a direct quote from Jones talking about Frank Thomas (just FYI)
"So which batters protest a lot? Paul O'Neill instantly comes to mind. Then there is Frank Thomas. He has to be the biggest crybaby in the A.L.

"He is a tremendous hitter and already gets the star strike zone. But he jumps back on a ball inside like he's getting his dress out of the way. Umps fall for it all the time. Thomas doesn't have to worry about the inside strike, so he hangs out over the plate and rakes."

PaleHoseGeorge
06-15-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
This is a direct quote from Jones talking about Frank Thomas (just FYI)
"So which batters protest a lot? Paul O'Neill instantly comes to mind. Then there is Frank Thomas. He has to be the biggest crybaby in the A.L.

"He is a tremendous hitter and already gets the star strike zone. But he jumps back on a ball inside like he's getting his dress out of the way. Umps fall for it all the time. Thomas doesn't have to worry about the inside strike, so he hangs out over the plate and rakes."

Todd Jones said that? You mean THE Todd Jones? *****!!!!

Yes, I'm sure Frank Thomas SOLD his way to two MVP's and nearly a third.

People this stupid need to be taken out back and shot.

I can't believe this bull**** made its way into a major sports publication.

Wait a minute. Yes, I can.

RedPinStripes
06-15-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Todd Jones said that? You mean THE Todd Jones? *****!!!!

Yes, I'm sure Frank Thomas SOLD his way to two MVP's and nearly a third.

People this stupid need to be taken out back and shot.

I can't believe this bull**** made its way into a major sports publication.

Wait a minute. Yes, I can.

:moron
"What do you mean phg?"

Nellie_Fox
06-16-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Umps fall for it all the time. Thomas doesn't have to worry about the inside strike, so he hangs out over the plate and rakes." Frank hangs over the plate???? I wonder if there is anyone in the league who stands farther away from the plate?

FarWestChicago
06-16-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Frank hangs over the plate???? I wonder if there is anyone in the league who stands farther away from the plate? LOL!! If Todd Jones had any crediblity at all, that would certainly be the end of it. :smile:

RKMeibalane
06-16-2002, 05:21 PM
This is yet another example of the media getting information from the wrong people. Remember when Frank was on the cover of Sports Illustrated, and he was featured in that article? The only person with any credibility who was interviewed was Robin Ventura, and he didn't say anything negative about Frank. He just talked about Frank's obsessive-complusive attitude about his statistics, how he drove himself to improve his numbers.

The other players who were quoted in that article were Ozzie Guillen and Jamie Navarrow, two guys who were run out of town. Both men ripped the Sox when they left, blaming everyone but themselves for the fact that they didn't get the job done.