PDA

View Full Version : leaving for ST. today

konerko 14
03-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Hey guys, any tips for getting autographs at camelback ranch? Thanks:smile:

havelj
03-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Yes.

Don't worry about getting signatures and enjoy the sun, the game and the scenery.

skobabe8
03-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Its hit or miss. The players come out at 12:30 and a few will sign. I would advise getting to the first row of seats along right field around 12 to give yourself a shot.

I am not an autograph guy, but I have to get one of Buerhle. I have not seen him yet this week.

BoKnowsBest
03-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Best bet for autographs is to go to the practices in the morning. They usually get out there around 930 and practice till 11 or 1130ish then some of the guys will stop and sign on their way into the clubhouse. Games are hit or miss more than practices cause not all the guys come out to sit on the bench on games they're not playing.

Also, make sure to use plenty of sunscreen and bring a bottle of water with you to the game cause there have been a ton of people who I've seen who are bright red 1/2 way through the game and others who are clearly dehydrated. The sun takes a lot out of you, make sure you're prepared

MarySwiss
03-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Best bet for autographs is to go to the practices in the morning. They usually get out there around 930 and practice till 11 or 1130ish then some of the guys will stop and sign on their way into the clubhouse. Games are hit or miss more than practices cause not all the guys come out to sit on the bench on games they're not playing.

Also, make sure to use plenty of sunscreen and bring a bottle of water with you to the game cause there have been a ton of people who I've seen who are bright red 1/2 way through the game and others who are clearly dehydrated. The sun takes a lot out of you, make sure you're prepared

So true! I've lived here since 1996 and respect the sun but the walk to the park from the parking lot--even on a moderate day--makes me feel it. Carry a water bottle with you!

BoKnowsBest
03-25-2010, 04:04 PM
I was out there the other day when it was 85 and sunny and decided to wear shorts, and despite putting on SPF 50, I ended up scorching my legs. I'm generally out there for 6-8 hours at a time, and I go through at least a bottle of water an hour, and still feel like I've run 10 miles with how exhausted I am just from standing out in the sun all day. I know during one of the games there were a handful of people who needed medical attention due to dehydration and heat exhaustion, so I cannot stress enough making sure that you're properly hydrated and using common sense with the sun.

The other day there was a guy who clearly hadn't seen the sun in months who decided it was a good idea to take his shirt off and not wear a hat. By the 3rd inning his whole body was bright red, including his bald head. Nobody wants to leave their vacation in pain, so just take the proper precautions and you'll be good to go. They allow every guest to bring a liter of water with them to the game, so do it and avoid paying the steep prices on the inside and you'll thank me later.

soxlady8
03-25-2010, 05:40 PM
I will be attending the games on Monday eve
and Tuesday during the day !!!

What time is a good time to get there on Monday before the game ?
The game starts at 7:05 p.m. !!!
I would like to possibly get some autographs myself if possible --

I bought some SPF 50 sunscreen. I should have bought the SPF 75 since hearing the sun is sooo warm !!

I look forward to my first spring training adventure
and to get out of Chitown and into some nice weather (hopefully)--

soxlady8
03-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Maybe Mary Swiss or someone else who is helpful can answer ---

Where is a good place to eat near the ballpark ?

I also hear that Arizona has Inn-n-out burgers ????

I fell in love w those burgers in Vegas after late night poker playing...
Please tell me this is true !!!!!
And if so , I hope one is close to the ballpark/hotel area !!

MarySwiss
03-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Maybe Mary Swiss or someone else who is helpful can answer ---

Where is a good place to eat near the ballpark ?

I also hear that Arizona has Inn-n-out burgers ????

I fell in love w those burgers in Vegas after late night poker playing...
Please tell me this is true !!!!!
And if so , I hope one is close to the ballpark/hotel area !!

Sorry, soxlady. Unfortunately, I can't help with this, since I live on the other side of the Valley from the park. But yes, there are In-n-Out burgers here, and it's likely there is one near the park. Unless someone else can answer this, you should probably check with the hotel you're staying at.

Have fun!

BoKnowsBest
03-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Monday the park opens at 5:30 I believe, since thats the time it opened for the last night game. Tuesday practices open at 9am, the centerfield concourse opens at 1030, and the gates open at 1130.

There is an In-n-out burger just east of the 101 on Camelback.

As for other places to eat, Westgate CityCenter, where the Cardinals and Coyotes play, has a variety of restaurants like Margaritaville, the Yardhouse, Saddle Ranch, McFaddens, and a whole lot more. Its just northeast of the stadium, off of the 101 and Glendale Ave, but no more than like 5 minutes away from the stadium when theres no traffic. Thats the extent of my knowledge of places on the west side, cause I'm also on the east side of town for the most part.

soxlady8
03-27-2010, 11:54 AM
I am leaving tomorrow ... yeahhhhh !!!
I am packing up all my stuff right now-- the weather looks to be beautiful out there !!!!!!!!

I am a little nervous and have never been to Arizona ... I hope it isn't too complicated to find my bearings and get around !!!!!

Is it pretty cool at night ??
Will I need a sweater/fleece for the night game !!!

I got my bathing suit , sunglasses , tanning stuff for body and face --
I am getting so psyched !!!!!!

wooo hoooo !!

manders_01
03-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Its hit or miss. The players come out at 12:30 and a few will sign. I would advise getting to the first row of seats along right field around 12 to give yourself a shot.

I am not an autograph guy, but I have to get one of Buerhle. I have not seen him yet this week.

What? NO! :(: I was so excited for you guys to talk to him!

skobabe8
03-28-2010, 05:48 PM
What? NO! :(: I was so excited for you guys to talk to him!

We finally saw him when he started on Thursday against the Padres in Peoria. He wouldnt sign before the game (as expected). I talked to Salas and he was doing his best to help me, but to no avail.

After they pulled him out of the game, he snuck back to the clubhouse w/o us even noticing.

Mission FAILED.