PDA

View Full Version : The End of June Will Tell The Rest of The Season...

kevingrt
06-15-2002, 04:30 PM
We have the Phillies, Braves, Twins, and Cubs. If we can win the rest or at least 3 of those series especially the Twins one, we have a good chance. If we take 2 then we're still in it. If we take anything less, this won't be a fun July, August, and September, or at least I think.

All I know though is the rest of this month will be a HUGE ADVENTURE!

mrwag
06-15-2002, 10:12 PM
Well, we just lost the Cub series. Next?

My prediction - fire sale shortly before or immediately after the All-Star break. "You're crazy if you think we can catch the Twins". Screw the damn millionaires - bring up the kids.

WinningUgly!
06-15-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by mrwag
"You're crazy if you think we can catch the Twins".
I'm really starting to feel this way. It's actually starting to remind me of last season, when at least we had the injuries to use as an excuse. Everytime somebody says "it's only May/June/etc." I flashback to when I heard the same thing a year ago. If this team keeps going through the motions, it'll be a long rest of the year.

Nellie_Fox
06-16-2002, 03:04 AM
Seiously, I will surely hate it because I'll never hear the end of it up here, but there is no way that this Sox team will do any damage when they play the Twins head-to-head. The Twins have been showing heart and character; the Sox have not.

FarWestChicago
06-16-2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Seiously, I will surely hate it because I'll never hear the end of it up here, but there is no way that this Sox team will do any damage when they play the Twins head-to-head. The Twins have been showing heart and character; the Sox have not. OK Jerry, how did you hack your way into Nellie's account. Did he use an easy password? You would think a man with his background would know a little more about security.

Nellie_Fox
06-16-2002, 03:36 AM
FWC, I wish it weren't so. At the beginning of the season, I thought that the Twins didn't have the talent to hold off the Sox. However, the intangibles are starting to show. The Twins are mentally tougher than the Sox. Please, please, Sox, prove me wrong. I have tickets for the game on July 30th at the Humpdome, and plan to wear all my Sox paraphernalia. My son-in-law is a Twins fan, and he and my daughter are going with us. Do you think I want to have to suffer through a loss in front of my son-in-law?

FarWestChicago
06-16-2002, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
FWC, I wish it weren't so. At the beginning of the season, I thought that the Twins didn't have the talent to hold off the Sox. However, the intangibles are starting to show. The Twins are mentally tougher than the Sox. Please, please, Sox, prove me wrong. I have tickets for the game on July 30th at the Humpdome, and plan to wear all my Sox paraphernalia. My son-in-law is a Twins fan, and he and my daughter are going with us. Do you think I want to have to suffer through a loss in front of my son-in-law? Ode and I have three more games to attend here in August. The last time around was horrible. One of the guys on my staff is a huge A's fan and can also be quite obnoxious. :smile:

Maybe we'll get lucky and the boys will wake up enough to at least save us from being tormented. Our fellow fans in Chicago need four in a row against the Flubs to save them. :(:

Nellie_Fox
06-16-2002, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Our fellow fans in Chicago need four in a row against the Flubs to save them. :(: Hell, I'm getting emails from Cub fan friends in Chicago tormenting me about this now! I can just imagine what it's like actually being there!