PDA

View Full Version : Here's the explaination

RedPinStripes
06-15-2002, 03:30 PM
This offense blows and so does the baserunning when KW expected the offense to carry this team. Didn't he learn fron the D-backs that it's not Offense that wins it? It's timely hitting and Pitching! :angry:

Lip Man 1
06-15-2002, 03:40 PM
In today's market good or great pitching costs a lot more then good hitting because it's so scarce.

The Sox claim they can't afford to pay the going rate for good pitchers so they try to compensate in other areas.

As all fans can see that philosophy hasn't worked since the White Flag deal.

Also a number of pitchers are represented by Scott Boras whom the Sox say they can't work with (although other teams like the Cubs can...)

That's just the way it is until this organization changes hands. We can only hope that's soon.

Lip

LongDistanceFan
06-15-2002, 03:57 PM
there are other teams that can't work with boras as well......

RedPinStripes
06-15-2002, 04:08 PM
no one has any idea of how big the party will be at my house when jr sells.

RKMeibalane
06-15-2002, 05:11 PM
If you need any help with that party, let me know. I for one will be overjoyed when Reinsdorf sells the Sox. He's been nothing but trouble for the city of Chicago.

palehosemike
06-15-2002, 05:26 PM
JR always says he would trade all of the Bull's championships for one World Series Championship for the Sox. Well JR if you really want to see the Sox win - then sell the damn team. You are just as bad as that greedy a$$ Charles Comiskey.

You freakin toolbox!

Hey Redpinstripes - wouldn't it be great if Sox fans bought the Sox - i.e. The Packers (owned by shareholders) If it was feasible I would be the first to make a contributiion to BUY them.

PHM

RedPinStripes
06-15-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by palehosemike

Hey Redpinstripes - wouldn't it be great if Sox fans bought the Sox - i.e. The Packers (owned by shareholders) If it was feasible I would be the first to make a contributiion to BUY them.

PHM

Oh hell yeah. I'm right with ya bud. :gulp: