PDA

View Full Version : Rick Hahn named top Assistant GM

thedudeabides
03-17-2010, 10:11 AM
By Baseball America

Trib (http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/03/hahn-to-be-honored-as-top-assistant-gm.html)

Congrats Rick!!!

If not promoted by the Sox, i'm sure he'll be gone in the next few years.

ewokpelts
03-17-2010, 10:14 AM
By Baseball America

Trib (http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/03/hahn-to-be-honored-as-top-assistant-gm.html)

Congrats Rick!!!

If not promoted by the Sox, i'm sure he'll be gone in the next few years.he's had interviews for gm spots, but it seems he likes it here.
wouldnt be suprised if kenny gets bumped up to team president and hahn gets the gm spot.

jabrch
03-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Congrats to Rick. Local kid does good.

mzh
03-17-2010, 04:53 PM
he's had interviews for gm spots, but it seems he likes it here.
wouldnt be suprised if kenny gets bumped up to team president and hahn gets the gm spot.
What is the difference between team president and GM? Pay I'd assume.

ewokpelts
03-17-2010, 04:55 PM
What is the difference between team president and GM? Pay I'd assume.the team president is the boss. only one higher is the owner.

DirtySox
03-17-2010, 05:02 PM

I love Rick Hahn and I hope such a thing happens.

mzh
03-17-2010, 06:04 PM
he's had interviews for gm spots, but it seems he likes it here.
So who is the current President now? Jerry?

Lip Man 1
03-17-2010, 06:58 PM
They don't have one. According to the Sox media guide they have a chairman, vice chairman, executive vice president, and three senior vice presidents.

Lip

ewokpelts
03-18-2010, 09:45 AM
it's becoming more common for teams to promote the gm to president while elevating the assitant gm to gm. the indians just did this a few weeks ago with mark shapiro, and the braves did this a few years ago as well.

plus, there's precedent in a jerry-owned team. john paxon is el presidente of the bulls, and gar forman was promoted.