PDA

View Full Version : Losing Again To The Flubs

ChiSoxBobette
06-15-2002, 03:34 PM
Well we're losing again to the flubs and our fearless leader sits there and lets M.B. pitch to a righthanded batter. I want to know what else this guy has to do to this team before they get rid of him as the manager! This team only worries about what the twinkies are doing instead of taking care of buisness. CAN YOU SAY GETTING SWEPT BY THE flubs! TIME FOR manuel to GO!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: TOP OF 6TH DOWN 5-3
WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE FOR J.R. TO SAY GOODBYE TO MANUEL!!!!!!!!

DonkeyKongerko
06-15-2002, 03:45 PM
i enjoyed the priceless shot of jerry manuel and gary ward shootin the breeze while their team continues their nearly month-long slump. i dunno what kind of weed those guys are smokin' but it must be some gooood **** to make em that happy on this day. :D:

wilburwood
06-15-2002, 03:48 PM
think im gonna puke

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-15-2002, 03:50 PM
yes, this is very depressing, stupid jerry manuel -_- :whiner:

Viva Magglio
06-15-2002, 03:50 PM
1. Fire Jerry Manuel.
2. Even though this could be a disaster, give Ken Williams a chance to hire his own guy OUTSIDE the organizaiton to manage the rest of the team for the rest of the season. There are guys out there.
4. Fire Nardi Contreras.
5. Let KW and/or the new manager replace Contreras with a man of their choice.
6. If it works, keep all three of them for 2003.
7. If it fails, clean house for 2003.
8. Trade José Valentín.
9. Call up Joe Crede
10. Trade Ray Durham.
11. Have Willie Harris & Tony Graffanino platoon at 2B.
12. Trade Carlos Lee.
13. Platoon Aaron Rowand and Joe Borchard in LF.
14. Use Borchard in LF when Kenny Lofton is not playing CF.
15. Trade Keith Foulke.
16. Call up Jon Rauch for long relief if he's doing good enough in Charlotte.

Feel free to add more.

Viva Magglio
06-15-2002, 03:53 PM
...but players unfortunatley can't be fired. And as much as I would love to run José Valentín out of town, we can't. As a result, the only thing we can do is this:

:firejerry

CLR01
06-15-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
1. Fire Jerry Manuel.
2. Even though this could be a disaster, give Ken Williams a chance to hire his own guy OUTSIDE the organizaiton to manage the rest of the team for the rest of the season. There are guys out there.
4. Fire Nardi Contreras.
5. Let KW and/or the new manager replace Contreras with a man of their choice.
6. If it works, keep all three of them for 2003.
7. If it fails, clean house for 2003.
8. Trade José Valentín.
9. Call up Joe Crede
10. Trade Ray Durham.
11. Have Willie Harris & Tony Graffanino platoon at 2B.
12. Trade Carlos Lee.
13. Platoon Aaron Rowand and Joe Borchard in LF.
14. Use Borchard in LF when Kenny Lofton is not playing CF.
15. Trade Keith Foulke.
16. Call up Jon Rauch for long relief if he's doing good enough in Charlotte.

Feel free to add more.

Dont stick LTP in left, put him in right or center. Let maggs patrol left field.

Viva Magglio
06-15-2002, 04:32 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is totally humiliating! This is actually WORSE than losing to Minnesota or New York or Cleveland. Yes, I fully realize that losing to Minnesota would severely disfigure our standing in the division. Nevertheless, the Cubs are the No. 1 team in our hearts to beat. This stings much harder than losses to any other team does.

Viva Magglio
06-15-2002, 04:48 PM
This has already been worse than 1998 when they swept us. I have ZERO confidence in our team tomorrow and predict a sweep. At least in 1998, it could be argued that they had a better team (if not a more acheiving team) than we did. This year, we are better than they are yet we let them completely slap our asses around.

Chisox_cali
06-15-2002, 04:57 PM
This has already been worse than 1998 when they swept us. I have ZERO confidence in our team tomorrow and predict a sweep. At least in 1998, it could be argued that they had a better team (if not a more acheiving team) than we did. This year, we are better than they are yet we let them completely slap our asses around.

Not to mention we have :ritchie going for us :whiner: :whiner:

Tragg
06-15-2002, 06:44 PM
From Hal's article last week, many signs suggest that Kenny Williams is managing this team - in the sense of who to put in the lineup.
It seems that Manuel had taken this to the extreme - when told to play Clayton, not only did he play him, he refused to pinch hit for him (no, it is no coincidence that Clayton was pinch hit for only when manuel was ejected). Then suddenly, he makes an about face, says clayton is benched long-term, then relents and says short-term.
So, unless Kenny understands that he isn't the field manager, it really doesn't matter (although we might be able to find another KW yesman who can make the obvious decisions on pinch hitting, etc.). Maybe Kenny should move to the dugout.

jklm
06-15-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Not to mention we have :ritchie going for us :whiner: :whiner:

:kipper 3.11ERA 8-3
:fogg 3.50ERA 7-4

Combined salaries < $500K

How can we trust KW to hire a new manager??

guillen4life13
06-15-2002, 11:13 PM
at this time last year kip had a 2.5 era, or in that area. he is going to have is annual breakdown, and will end the season with an ERA above 4, probably above 5. Fogg will get tired soon enough.

problem with ritchie is that he hasn't done a single good thing for us.

WinningUgly!
06-15-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by jklm

:kipper 3.11ERA 8-3
:fogg 3.50ERA 7-4

Combined salaries < $500K

How can we trust KW to hire a new manager??

And 3 of those wins came against the hated sCrUBS.

EyeLoveOrdonez30
06-15-2002, 11:20 PM
I bet most of you will disagree, so don't jump on me for this...it's just my opinion...

I think that the way they are losing is because of a few different things...some more than others

-Lofton being out

-The rivalry

-The OBNOXIOUS Wrigley crowd

-Laziness (the players are not going all out from the looks of it)

-Lack of teamwork

Nellie_Fox
06-16-2002, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
It seems that Manuel had taken this to the extreme - when told to play Clayton, not only did he play him, he refused to pinch hit for him (no, it is no coincidence that Clayton was pinch hit for only when manuel was ejected).Do you really believe that when a major league manager is ejected, his replacement really calls the shots? Every manager in the history of the game continues to call the shots from the runway to the clubhouse.

GASHWOUND
06-16-2002, 09:53 AM

I agree, we're getting slapped around by the worst hitting team in the league, they've out played us in every aspect of the game. This team hasn't gotten any clutch hits all year, bu look like the Yanks up there. What the hell is going on here? And we had our 2 best pitchers going for us and they still got to them. We look like idiots on the field(What was Jose thinking?!?!) Its the slump that would never end.I have absolutely NO confidence in our offense, we're just bad in that department.
Our faith will be etched in stone today if we lose again to the flubbies...We MUST prevail in this game, for dignity sakes..
And shove those damn brooms up their asses. :whiner: