PDA

View Full Version : Philies discussed a Howard for Pujols trade?

illinibk
03-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Just saw this on ESPN, but apparently the Phillies discussed trading Ryan Howard for Pujols (or that's the rumor at least).

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4994845

If this is true, what else would the Phillies have thrown in to make this worthwhile for the Cardinals? I just hope the Philly execs we're stupid enough to believe that Howard for Pujols straight up was fair.

Mods, sorry if this belongs in WTS.

EMachine10
03-14-2010, 07:52 PM
St. Louis should have peed themselves laughing if they were approached with that.

DSpivack
03-14-2010, 08:15 PM
St. Louis should have peed themselves laughing if they were approached with that.

Yeah, don't really get the point of the article. The Phillies may discussed it, but the if Cardinals didn't, how is that in any way news? Why not have a report, 'Sox discussed Teahen for David Wright move'?

Nellie_Fox
03-15-2010, 01:30 AM
XM MLB Homeplate says Phillies vehemently deny this.

Dibbs
03-15-2010, 07:31 PM
I bet the Phillies discussed it. Too bad the Cardinals didn't.

jabrch
03-16-2010, 12:02 PM
If I am STL, and if I know I won't meet Pujols demands, I'd have discussions with anyone. They have him for 10 and 11 at 16mm per. I don't see how getting Howard (signed for 39mm for 10 and 11) helps, but I guess if the Phils throw in boatloads of cash and their entire farm system (what didn't already move in a few deals recently) that it would be worth an organizational discussion followed by a swift NO.

I can't see them moving him until the trade deadline next year, if at all - but that doesn't mean they aren't discussing it, and having private discussions with other clubs. I'm sure we will hear lots of rumor and speculation over the next 2 years about this topic.

guillensdisciple
03-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah, don't really get the point of the article. The Phillies may discussed it, but the if Cardinals didn't, how is that in any way news? Why not have a report, 'Sox discussed Teahen for David Wright move'?

This would be an epic deal.

Tragg
03-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Why not have a report, 'Sox discussed Teahen for David Wright move'?

LOL

It's about the equivalent though.

soxinem1
03-16-2010, 08:30 PM

If we could only be so lucky......

Of course they might want to throw in Luis Castillo too...

Dick Allen
03-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Well, Howard is a St. Louis native. Other than that, this is ridiculous.