PDA

View Full Version : The NL kills our lineup

HawkDJ
06-15-2002, 02:07 PM
I mean with no DH our last 3 hitters are almost automatic outs. In the AL we can afford to put in Clayton for his D once in a while. In the NL we can't. Our bottom 3 are Johnson, Clayton and Buehrle right now. If Buehrle goes complete taht would be probably 9 outs given to them out of the 27. Also our deadly 3-4-5 turns into a deadly 3-4 but with Carlos Lee batting 5th. It doesn't help that Lofton isn't playing but Rowand is doing just fine. I'm not trying to make excuses but the NL really hurts us.

HawkDJ
06-15-2002, 02:38 PM
Did I just say Buehrle is an automatic out? My bad. :D:

FanOf14
06-15-2002, 02:41 PM
Nuts...Paulie is 0-3 today. At least Buehrle picked him up! :D:

I am going to take a stab in the dark and say we will see Frank tomorrow. The only reason I am not comfortable with Frank at first is that Ritchie seems to get rattled at bobbles behind him and with Frank at first we are likely to see at least one.

HawkDJ
06-15-2002, 03:05 PM
Did I just say Mark Johnson is an automatic out? My Bad. :D:

TheBigHurt
06-15-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
I mean with no DH our last 3 hitters are almost automatic outs. In the AL we can afford to put in Clayton for his D once in a while. In the NL we can't. Our bottom 3 are Johnson, Clayton and Buehrle right now. If Buehrle goes complete taht would be probably 9 outs given to them out of the 27. Also our deadly 3-4-5 turns into a deadly 3-4 but with Carlos Lee batting 5th. It doesn't help that Lofton isn't playing but Rowand is doing just fine. I'm not trying to make excuses but the NL really hurts us.

I agree. Even with a AL lineup i hate have clayton in there though.

Tragg
06-15-2002, 06:40 PM
More than kill our lineup, it plays on our achilles heel and exposes our lineup for what it is - extremely top heavy and several easy outs at the bottom.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-15-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
...The only reason I am not comfortable with Frank at first is that Ritchie seems to get rattled at bobbles behind him and with Frank at first we are likely to see at least one.

Aren't you glad we gave up three pitchers for this guy's "veteran presence"?

My God, we're beginning to see the makings of a head case every bit as worse as Jaime Navarro.

:jaime
"I can't hit for the guys. There is only so much I can do."
(after giving up nine earned runs).