PDA

View Full Version : J. Mitchell Tears Tendon in Left Ankle

kevingrt
03-12-2010, 10:02 PM
According to Scott Reifert's Twitter account Mitchel is having surgery next week. Not good. Hopefully heal up quickly!

http://twitter.com/InsideTheSox

Palehose Pete
03-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Mitchell might miss most of the season. Bad.

Jenks is really struggling and his calf is very sore. Worse. Welcome to the Matt Thornton era.

all*star quentin
03-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Hope the surgery goes well and a speedy recovery.

DirtySox
03-12-2010, 10:32 PM
This is a pretty big blow to a prospect like Mitchell. I'm sincerely hoping for a speedy recovery and maybe he can get some AB's in the AFL this year.

I'm real bummed for him. :(:

JB98
03-12-2010, 10:40 PM

Jenks is really struggling and his calf is very sore. Worse. Welcome to the Matt Thornton era.

Way too early in the spring to give up on Jenks.

The Mitchell injury is definitely bad news. But I'm not worried about Jenks.

hi im skot
03-12-2010, 10:56 PM

Who knew Cowley posted here?

ilsox7
03-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Who knew Cowley posted here?

I believe he actually did used to post here. And he certainly lurks.

KRS1
03-12-2010, 11:16 PM
****. That sucks.

tacosalbarojas
03-12-2010, 11:49 PM
For a guy whose calling card is his speed, this is not good at all. Whatever he does, don't rush back. Take your time and be sure that thing is healed.

Hitmen77
03-12-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm not familiar with ankle injuries. Could this affect his speed and playing ability in the long term, or is this something that he should make a full recovery from?

Peavy had an ankle tendon injury last year. Is this comparable?

Of course this sucks. Even though he was not going see any time on the Sox this year, I'm guessing this will set back his eventual, possible arrival to the big leagues.

Lip Man 1
03-13-2010, 12:04 AM
This will hurt Mitchell's development since he'll be out most of this season. The good side though is he wasn't even expected to be with the big league for two or three years at the earliest so he can take his time and make sure the injry is completely healed.

I'd like to see video of the catch myself if it's out there.

Regarding Jenks, if it's that calf that I'm confused. I've never heard of a calf injury that happened last September still being an issue in March...unless it's not a calf injury in the first place.

Lip

CWSpalehoseCWS
03-13-2010, 02:41 AM
I'm not familiar with ankle injuries. Could this affect his speed and playing ability in the long term, or is this something that he should make a full recovery from?

Peavy had an ankle tendon injury last year. Is this comparable?

Of course this sucks. Even though he was not going see any time on the Sox this year, I'm guessing this will set back his eventual, possible arrival to the big leagues.

I'm not real sure with ankle injuries either, but I'm pretty sure you can't really compare Peavy's ankle injury with this one. For one, Peavy doesn't run or put nearly as much strain on that part of his body as Mitchell would/does.

Hopefully Mitchell heals up nicely. I doubt the Sox will rush him back from this. It's nice that we got Danks and that he is a little farther ahead than him.

KenBerryGrab
03-13-2010, 08:22 AM
It sounded bad when listening to the Angels' guys call it yesterday.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/03/sox-prospect-to-have-surgery-could-miss-season.html

Hitmen77
03-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Regarding Jenks, if it's that calf that I'm confused. I've never heard of a calf injury that happened last September still being an issue in March...unless it's not a calf injury in the first place.

Lip

I don't understand that either. After 6 months of not playing, he's still struggling with the same muscle injury?

asindc
03-13-2010, 12:17 PM

??:scratch: