PDA

View Full Version : Big Frank on Rome is Burning

BadBobbyJenks
03-11-2010, 04:30 PM
He was interviewed right after the Marquette game on Rome. Pretty good stuff that I am sure you will be able to find on booyah.com later. He said he would have liked to had a farewell tour, but is fine with how things ended. He is at peace with Kenny and the White Sox and will be involved with the Organization soon.

It ended with his take on the Bradley comments, he replied "I never experienced racism on the south side. Not at all. We had a very loyal, crazy fan base but they were dedicated baseball people. I think over at Wrigley you got a lot of people their for the atmosphere and not really great baseball fans on that side. I mean there are great baseball fans on that side of town, but you got a lot of college guys and college people at that party."

oeo
03-11-2010, 04:32 PM
It ended with his take on the Bradley comments, he replied "I never experienced racism on the south side. Not at all. We had a very loyal, crazy fan base but they were dedicated baseball people. I think over at Wrigley you got a lot of people their for the atmosphere and not really great baseball fans on that side. I mean there are great baseball fans on that side of town, but you got a lot of college guys and college people at that party."

He's right on the money.

MARTINMVP
03-11-2010, 05:24 PM
I do admit that White Sox fans seem to be a lot more serious baseball people. Not taking away from any Cubs fans out there that serious baseball people.

doublem23
03-11-2010, 05:45 PM
My only question is what on Earth was he wearing?

slavko
03-11-2010, 06:25 PM
New player with fat contract not playing well....drunk overgrown brats in stands....player happens to be black....fans who are 6 beers beyond thinking clearly....say first insulting thing that comes into their diminshed minds....player happens to be sensitive anyway. You get the picture.

Yeah, there racism involved, but we shouldn't cast the first stone unless our hearts are pure. Good for Frank, wish I'd heard it.

Sam Spade
03-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Most cub fans who are baseball fans will agree with that line, as long as you say it nicely.