PDA

View Full Version : "The Box" has arrived.

roylestillman
03-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Doorbell rings and my postal carrier hands me my box of season tickets. What a great day. Tix are pics of Floyd, Ramirez, Peavy, Pauly, AJ and Burls.

Harry Potter
03-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Doorbell rings and my postal carrier hands me my box of season tickets. What a great day. Tix are pics of Floyd, Ramirez, Peavy, Pauly, AJ and Burls.

I love Christmas in March! :cool:

SephClone89
03-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Pics. Now.

(never really seen a Sox season ticket package)

roylestillman
03-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Pics. Now.

(never really seen a Sox season ticket package)

OK I'll try

(Can't believe it worked!)

SephClone89
03-11-2010, 12:26 PM
OK I'll try

Awesome. Thanks.

jmeneghini1433
03-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Still haven't recieved my Sox Box.

DirtySox
OK I'll try

Sick.

I want baseball. Now.

g0g0
OK I'll try

Wow! That's pretty cool! I hope they don't send them in that box that says really big 2010 SEASON TICKETS lol. I could see that getting jacked real quick.

Harry Potter
03-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Wow! That's pretty cool! I hope they don't send them in that box that says really big 2010 SEASON TICKETS lol. I could see that getting jacked real quick.

"The Box" usually comes in another box :redneck

roylestillman
03-11-2010, 12:40 PM
"The Box" usually comes in another box :redneck

It did indeed, with a simple "333 West 35th Street" return address.

samurai_sox
03-11-2010, 01:14 PM
OK I'll try

Drool....:drool:

I hope to join the ranks of the Sox season ticket holders one day....

Law11
03-11-2010, 01:24 PM
OK I'll try

Very cool! Never seen "the Box" before. Gotta be a cool feeling.

soxfan21
03-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Can't wait to get mine later on when I get home, this is easily the greatest day of the year for me.

Harry Potter
03-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Mine has arrived too! :bandance:

chisoxfan83
03-11-2010, 03:41 PM
got mine! i never usually get them the first day as everyone else! I wish i was home to greet the mail man like jimmy fallon!

cbone
03-11-2010, 04:39 PM
The Box and the The Bobblehead all at the same time, almost too much too take! :gulp:

DumpJerry
03-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Box-yes.
Peavy bobblehead-where the Hell is it??????

Jason82807
03-11-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm stuck in the Loop til 9pm. The anticipation is killing me!!

tacosalbarojas
03-11-2010, 06:01 PM
One of my ten favorite days of the year!

soxfan21
03-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Got my box about 2 hours ago, very excited, but I am still waiting on the bobblehead as well.

Cat Thief
03-11-2010, 06:57 PM
"The Box" was on the counter, I was wondering what the hell I ordered and forgot about.

I was happy when I opened it. :D:

Still need more.

jabrch
03-11-2010, 07:09 PM
No box - no bobble...

SephClone89
03-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Do split season tickets come in this kind of packaging as well?

soxfan21
03-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Do split season tickets come in this kind of packaging as well?

Yes.

Soxfan 78
03-11-2010, 07:51 PM
The Box and the The Bobblehead all at the same time, almost too much too take! :gulp:

Are you a full season ticket holder?

DumpJerry
03-11-2010, 10:34 PM
No box - no bobble...
Yeah.....they read your posts here......:tongue:

skobabe8
03-11-2010, 10:55 PM
That box was a sight for sore eyes.

Dub25
03-11-2010, 11:05 PM

I'm jealous. Some day I will own full season tix.

RealFan
03-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Full STH here. Got in late last night from a flight from NY and guess what I found on my kitchen table :smile:. I will be carving up the tickets today to deliver to my partners. No bobble head though.

Typically I receive my tickets late in the print run so I am pleasantly surprised to have received them so soon.

pythons007
03-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Does anyone do what Jimmy Fallon did in the movie Fever Pitch!?!?!?! If so, I would like to be invited just for the excitement.

skobabe8
03-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Does anyone do what Jimmy Fallon did in the movie Fever Pitch!?!?!?! If so, I would like to be invited just for the excitement.

I do.

Exactly the same.

You're not invited.

Harry Potter
03-12-2010, 10:03 AM

Not quite but our ticket group always picks a Friday night to get together at a downtown watering hole to have a few drinks and conduct our ticket draft.

And wouldn't you know it, tonight is our ticket draft :gulp:

DumpJerry
03-12-2010, 10:03 AM
http://julieluongo.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/drew-barrymore.jpg
I'm overrated.

Chrisaway
03-12-2010, 02:58 PM
For a couple of years a buddy of mine got an ozzie plan and I'd tag along for all the weekend games. Last few years we've been doing a couple of road trips a summer to see the Sox play in other ballparks. But one day, I will have the disposable income to own said "box".

djcollie03
03-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Just came home from work and saw that White Sox Santa delivered my gift to the house. I love this day almost as much as my wife dreads it.

It's Dankerific
03-12-2010, 08:00 PM
I think the pictures on the tix are kinda blah this year. all photoshopped. I liked the straight pics of earlier years.

WhiteSoxFTW
03-12-2010, 11:06 PM
I am kind of upset with my ticket rep. I ordered the double play package and he promised he would UPS it out on Monday. They mailed in with the USPS in a plain manila envelope on Wednesday. He blamed it on the box office, but it still really bothers me. I finally got the tickets today, thank goodness.

But, he also didn't offer me any of the benefits of the split season package. It should be the same perks as the season ticket holders minus the promotional items. I have no idea what the protocol is. Should I have to ask, or is my rep just being lazy?

whtsox13
03-12-2010, 11:54 PM
I am not sure when you ordered your tickets. But the season tickets get mailed directly from the printer with the ballpark address on it.

october23sp
03-13-2010, 12:07 AM
My dream is to someday live in the Chicago area and receive said "Box."

Bruizer
03-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Two Boxes arrived on Thursday! One with the ST, and the other with the parking passes. Anybody else with parking passes get them in a separate box? :?:

BeefyD
03-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Two Boxes arrived on Thursday! One with the ST, and the other with the parking passes. Anybody else with parking passes get them in a separate box? :?:

Hmmm...that's odd. Mine were in the same box (as I assume the majority were). Could've made out like a bandit if they sent you a second set. ;)

Hegewisch
03-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Please, help with some advice !!!!!! I am just wondering something. I signed up for the "Split Season" Weekday plan last week for 4 seats including Parking and, Stadium Club. So, around $5000 invested. Today, in regular mail a plain large envelope arrived. I opened it and there were my tickets and parking passes. No box. No media guide. No gift. And, I even have a sales rep. Because I signed up late, does this mean all I get is this ? (sorry, if I sound dumb. I was excited to finally be able to get Sox Season Tickets even if its split season and, I didn't know if I could until last week. I was still unsure but, pulled the trigger anyway.) The 2 extra games I purchased: Opening Day and the 9th have not come yet, neither my Annual Stadium Club membership passes.

Jerko
03-29-2010, 04:10 PM
I haven't received my stadium club passes either, and the Media guide IIRC you get during the season.

Herbal
03-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Because I signed up late, does this mean all I get is this ?

Unfortunately, I think so. I believe the picture tickets and box come directly from the printer the team uses. They likely only do one run of tickets so since you were late they just use the standard tickets. If they are UD tickets, you should still have the season ticket number to access the LD but would be more difficult for the ushers to see.

For the media guide, they usually send a letter telling you they are available for pick-up during the season. I think they send them out in May.

Hegewisch
03-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Unfortunately, I think so. I believe the picture tickets and box come directly from the printer the team uses. They likely only do one run of tickets so since you were late they just use the standard tickets. If they are UD tickets, you should still have the season ticket number to access the LD but would be more difficult for the ushers to see.

For the media guide, they usually send a letter telling you they are available for pick-up during the season. I think they send them out in May.

The 4 seats for all split season are in Lower Reserve. 6th row. Since, I was "LATE" I am going to be in an Upper Box for opening day only. (Although, I will still have Stadium Club membership so, I am sure I can access lower level if needed).

parlaycard
03-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Today, in regular mail a plain large envelope arrived. I opened it and there were my tickets and parking passes. No box. No media guide. No gift. And, I even have a sales rep. Because I signed up late, does this mean all I get is this ?

Youre partially upset because you received your season tickets but they didnt come in the White Sox season ticket box?

Hegewisch
03-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Youre partially upset because you received your season tickets but they didnt come in the White Sox season ticket box?

No not really. I guess from what other ST holders told me, I guess I expected more. I guess this is because I was late ordering them. I also wanted to make sure I am getting everything I am suppossed to. I am still very excited as I can finally have no "excuses" for not being able to attend games and, I after all these years can finally hold season tickets, much less 4 of them even though it is only a split season. It is one of those things that I guess, I was expecting "fireworks". (reading this forum about "the box" was getting me excited with anticipation) However, if alot of real "fireworks" go off at the Cell in the next 6 months I will be more happy.

DumpJerry
03-30-2010, 06:49 AM
Please, help with some advice !!!!!! I am just wondering something. I signed up for the "Split Season" Weekday plan last week for 4 seats including Parking and, Stadium Club. So, around $5000 invested. Today, in regular mail a plain large envelope arrived. I opened it and there were my tickets and parking passes. No box. No media guide. No gift. And, I even have a sales rep. Because I signed up late, does this mean all I get is this ? (sorry, if I sound dumb. I was excited to finally be able to get Sox Season Tickets even if its split season and, I didn't know if I could until last week. I was still unsure but, pulled the trigger anyway.) The 2 extra games I purchased: Opening Day and the 9th have not come yet, neither my Annual Stadium Club membership passes.
Relax. You ordered your tickets after the regular season tickets were printed up in February by the printing company in Arkansas. These are the tickets with pictures on them and do not look like the Box Office Ticketmonster stock. Once the company in Arkansas does the print run, they cannot do a separate run. A couple of years ago my ticket order was messed up and they had to provide with a replacement set of tickets. I did not get the picture season tickets, but rather a wad of Box Office tickets. Next year you will get the regular print run.

The media guide is distributed during the baseball season. You will get something in the mail which you take to the game to pick up your guide. Season ticket holder gifts arrive in the Fall after the season ends. The Peavy bobbleheads were thank you gifts for season ticket holder who renewed their tickets.

Tickets purchased outside of your plan are sent under separate cover.

ewokpelts
03-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Please, help with some advice !!!!!! I am just wondering something. I signed up for the "Split Season" Weekday plan last week for 4 seats including Parking and, Stadium Club. So, around $5000 invested. Today, in regular mail a plain large envelope arrived. I opened it and there were my tickets and parking passes. No box. No media guide. No gift. And, I even have a sales rep. Because I signed up late, does this mean all I get is this ? (sorry, if I sound dumb. I was excited to finally be able to get Sox Season Tickets even if its split season and, I didn't know if I could until last week. I was still unsure but, pulled the trigger anyway.) The 2 extra games I purchased: Opening Day and the 9th have not come yet, neither my Annual Stadium Club membership passes.The hard stock tickets come in the "box". If you bought within the last month or so, I suspect you have "ticketbastard" stock tix, which shipped directly from the box office(hard stock tix ship from Arkansas)

Your media guide will be given out as a redemption item @ the sales booth next month.

The gift you may not get, as that was meant for RENEWING customers, but I'd ask your rep and see if he can get you one.

Email your rep about the OD tix.

Hegewisch
03-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks for all the advice. Several told me the Stadium Club Membership was a waste as most of the time we will be in the seats intent on game. But, I thought if I went as far as buying 4 seats might as well try the Stadium Club for the extra $550. I guess if weather is bad, or after game it will be ok. One person told me it was only worth it because of the private entrance to avoid the rush of crowds. And, my 15 month yr old will come to some games and, if he gets restless we can take him in there.

WhiteSoxFTW
03-30-2010, 11:34 AM
I didn't spend as much money as you did, and I realized I wouldn't get the "box" of tickets since I ordered mine late, but I was also less than pleased with how my account has been handled so far. None of the promises my rep made me have been kept. He doesn't send stuff out when he says, etc. I did have a different member of the White Sox staff email me instead of my rep today, so maybe something happened to him, I don't know.

The charge line staff I have dealt with is great, however.

fox23
03-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I didn't spend as much money as you did, and I realized I wouldn't get the "box" of tickets since I ordered mine late, but I was also less than pleased with how my account has been handled so far. None of the promises my rep made me have been kept. He doesn't send stuff out when he says, etc. I did have a different member of the White Sox staff email me instead of my rep today, so maybe something happened to him, I don't know.

The charge line staff I have dealt with is great, however.

Get used to it. It doesn't get any better for existing season ticket holders either.

DumpJerry
03-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Several told me the Stadium Club Membership was a waste as most of the time we will be in the seats intent on game. But, I thought if I went as far as buying 4 seats might as well try the Stadium Club for the extra $550. I guess if weather is bad, or after game it will be ok. One person told me it was only worth it because of the private entrance to avoid the rush of crowds. And, my 15 month yr old will come to some games and, if he gets restless we can take him in there.
I would not call it a waste of time or money. I know many people who go there before the game begins to have a bite and drink before heading to the seats, if you're in a line of work where you entertain clients or customers, it's a great location. When the weather is inclement, it's a great place to be out of the elements.

Harry Potter
03-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Get used to it. It doesn't get any better for existing season ticket holders either.

But we still have the Park N Ride! :redneck

Jerko
03-30-2010, 01:16 PM

Private entrance isn't much faster when there is a big crowd there actually. That said, I think it's still well worth the $. Been a member up there for years. If you're having a bad night in the seats (obnoxious people around you, etc), you can migrate up to the club and chill out. As Dump said, it's nice to have when the weather sucks too. I don't go up there every game I have passes for, but I can't imagine not having them.

ramblinsoxfan11
03-30-2010, 05:15 PM
OK I'll try

That's so cool!!! Dang I need to get me some of those...

Hegewisch
03-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks !!:D: Another question ! ............ I have pass for Parking in F and L. Which is better ? I am pretty excited ! I bet Opening Day Tailgate will be fun !!!

SephClone89
03-31-2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks !!:D: Another question ! ............ I have pass for Parking in F and L. Which is better ? I am pretty excited ! I bet Opening Day Tailgate will be fun !!!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/ballpark/directions_map_lg_532x524.gif

Jerko
03-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Anybody get their stadium club passes yet? :scratch:

ewokpelts
03-31-2010, 02:17 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/ballpark/directions_map_lg_532x524.gif
you hav eno choice. they direct you to what's open.

Hegewisch
04-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Anybody get their stadium club passes yet? :scratch:

They just came UPS in an envelope. All wrapped up in a rubber band.

(Fionn Is Getting Ready For The Season !!!)

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq281/hegewisch/006-1.jpg

WhiteSoxFTW
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
So, I found out today that my rep, Tyler, is "no longer with the White Sox". I assume they are going to just assign someone to me, but does anyone have a really awesome rep that they would recommend?

soxfan21
04-02-2010, 12:58 PM
So, I found out today that my rep, Tyler, is "no longer with the White Sox". I assume they are going to just assign someone to me, but does anyone have a really awesome rep that they would recommend?

Natalie Mcsharry. She has been very helpful for the 4 seasons that I have had my season tickets.

Hegewisch
04-02-2010, 02:23 PM

Tyler was my original rep. Now, I have Alexa who seemed to try to get everything right as best as she could.

roylestillman
04-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Natalie Mcsharry. She has been very helpful for the 4 seasons that I have had my season tickets.

+1 She is terrific.

WhiteSoxFTW
04-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Does anyone know/have Colin Kibler? He was the one that replied to my last email to Tyler.