PDA

View Full Version : Call from the White Sox?

MARTINMVP
03-10-2010, 04:19 PM
I got a phone call about 20 minutes ago from a number I didn't recognize, so I answered and it was from the White Sox. It actually was not the best time for me to talk, and she politely asked me if there was a better time for for her to call me back at.

I assume they are going to try and sell me tickets or maybe some type of promotion. Do they normally call people like this?

C-Dawg
03-10-2010, 04:34 PM
As an Ozzie Plan buyer, I usually get a call in late winter to remind me to re-order. None yet this year however.

DumpJerry
03-10-2010, 04:49 PM
I got a phone call about 20 minutes ago from a number I didn't recognize, so I answered and it was from the White Sox. It actually was not the best time for me to talk, and she politely asked me if there was a better time for for her to call me back at.

I assume they are going to try and sell me tickets or maybe some type of promotion. Do they normally call people like this?
Congrats!

It is your early September call-up!

dakuda
03-10-2010, 04:50 PM
I was called last week to see if there were any plans I was interested in purchasing. I did not renew this year. It is likely just a follow-up along those lines.

Oddly, I had a call from my rep (the direct number was still in my phone) in early Feb. She didn't leave a message, but called twice. This one was just from a 312-674-xxxx number.

illinibk
03-10-2010, 04:56 PM

I got that call last week. I am not, nor have ever been a season ticker holder. Ultimately, they were calling just to see if I had an y interest in group outings for the Patio and (I think) the Jim Beam club. I found it odd, considering I am not a STH, and I'm not sure how they even got my number. Also alarming was lack of asking about interest in a season ticket plan.

HomeFish
03-10-2010, 05:43 PM
I bought an Ozzie Plan in 2006, I've never bought any season ticket plan before or after, and I've gotten two such phone calls this year.

I listen for a while and politely tell them that I'm not interested.

MARTINMVP
03-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I bought two Sox tickets from the WhiteSox.com website once last year - the rest of my purchases were from StubHub. I guess one purchase is all it takes. The girl from the White Sox never did call me back, but I guess I'll just hit ignore if I see that number calling again.

OzzieBall2004
03-11-2010, 12:58 AM
I bought two Sox tickets from the WhiteSox.com website once last year - the rest of my purchases were from StubHub. I guess one purchase is all it takes. The girl from the White Sox never did call me back, but I guess I'll just hit ignore if I see that number calling again.

StubHub and MLB are partners now, so my guess is that they can see all of your purchases. As "cold calls" go, I'd rather get one from the White Sox than just about anyone else but that's just me.

ewokpelts
03-14-2010, 09:37 PM
group sales is a different bunch of reps. so makes sense why they didnt offer to sell you a season ticket plan.