PDA

View Full Version : Peavy Bobblehead

chet34lemon
03-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Came home from work last night and found a package from UPS from the white sox. Thought it might be my season tickets but instead it was a Jake Peavy bobblehead! Anybody else get this yet? Pretty sweet.

VeeckAsInWreck
03-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Could you post a pic of it?

chisoxfan83
03-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Do you have a full or split package?

Jpgr91
03-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Came home from work last night and found a package from UPS from the white sox. Thought it might be my season tickets but instead it was a Jake Peavy bobblehead! Anybody else get this yet? Pretty sweet.

I got one as well. The note in the box said it was a "Thank you" for renewing season tickets. I have a split plan.

chet34lemon
03-10-2010, 01:37 PM
I have a split package. I'll try to post pictures. On my way to Arizona tonight so I might not have the time.

soxfan21
03-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Hopefully I'll get mine today or tomorrow, can't wait til next week when the sox box comes in though.

DumpJerry
03-10-2010, 02:13 PM
I got one as well. The note in the box said it was a "Thank you" for renewing season tickets. I have a split plan.

I have a split package. I'll try to post pictures. On my way to Arizona tonight so I might not have the time.
[teal]:angry:[teal] Darn! I have a full season plan.

Soxfan 78
03-10-2010, 03:27 PM
[teal]:angry:[teal] Darn! I have a full season plan.

Wouldn't you think they would send them to full as well as split season ticket holders? I do and will be watching for my UPS guy tomorrow..lol.

Brian26
03-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Peavy now owns the all-time quickest ascent to bobblehead status after playing three games in a Sox uniform, wresting the lead from Nick Swisher.

Shoeless
03-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Peavy now owns the all-time quickest ascent to bobblehead status after playing three games in a Sox uniform, wresting the lead from Nick Swisher.
:gulp: I'll drink to that. However, Swisher was on How I Met Your Mother

SephClone89
03-10-2010, 11:13 PM
I knew I should have fired the trigger on that Double Play plan Sunday!

parlaycard
03-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Could you post a pic of it?

here you go

Sockinchisox
03-11-2010, 12:04 AM
here you go

He looks like a child...

salty99
03-11-2010, 10:32 AM
He looks like a child...

that thing is awful!

MARTINMVP
03-11-2010, 10:37 AM
that thing is awful!

I didn't want to be the first to say it and have everyone else hate on me, but yes... that does look horrific.

Soxfan 78
03-11-2010, 10:48 AM
I didn't want to be the first to say it and have everyone else hate on me, but yes... that does look horrific.

It could be worse, it could be like the Dye/Konerko 300 hr statue from last year. The figures on that were about as generic as you can get. This doesn't look that bad aside from the face looking rather childlike. But all in all it'a freebie, so I guess it's better than nothing.

SephClone89
03-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Looks nothing like him.

I hope Hurt's bobblehead is a quality product.

Soxfan 78
03-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Have any full season ticket holders received this yet?

MARTINMVP
03-11-2010, 03:56 PM
And seriously, why is this bobblehead the black uniform? What is this team's obsession with the black alternate? I realize that it might be possible that Peavy may not have even worn the home white jersey yet, but I really hate to see such an awesome jersey be underutilized while the black is being overused.

danks50
03-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Wow if it wasn't for the his name I would've thought they converted Lillibridge to a pitcher.

yazz32
03-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Creepiest BobbleHead ever.....

Soxfan 78
03-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Have any full season ticketholders had this show up yet? Our season ticket box showed up today, but still no bobble. As much as it doesn't resemble PEavy in the face, I still want it for my collection. I am really hoping though that the Nancy Faust and Big Hurt bobbles look a little better than this one. I also have my hopes up that the beer vendor bobble will be different from last years but something tells me it will be the same one from last year, they must have produced a million of those things..lol.

oeo
03-11-2010, 05:52 PM
He looks like a child...

Is there a Jake Peavy Jr.?

DumpJerry
03-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Have any full season ticketholders had this show up yet? Our season ticket box showed up today, but still no bobble. As much as it doesn't resemble PEavy in the face, I still want it for my collection. I am really hoping though that the Nancy Faust and Big Hurt bobbles look a little better than this one. I also have my hopes up that the beer vendor bobble will be different from last years but something tells me it will be the same one from last year, they must have produced a million of those things..lol.
Full Plan holder here, no bobblehead.

Maybe we get a personal visit from Mr. Peavy....

Brian26
03-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I am really hoping though that the Nancy Faust and Big Hurt bobbles look a little better than this one.

There's no reason for the Big Frank bobblehead to look bad. There have already been several Frank bobbles issued by Alexander Global since 2001, all of which look good. All they need to do is re-use the existing head mold they have.

DumpJerry
03-11-2010, 11:38 PM
The making of a bobblehead is a pretty cool process. A friend of mine had one made of her (her company had bobbleheads made all the top managers/execs to give to customers). You stand in room very still while a camera swings around you to get a complete 360 degree image of you and then a computer takes the image and creates a mold. I think she said she had to wear minimal clothing (tee shirt and shorts) to accurately capture the form of her body and then the computer put clothing on the mold.

Fox-To-Aparicio
03-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Must have missed it but when are the Hurt and Nancy bobbleheads? Are these game give away's or special promotions?

PS I will take a Peavy if someone wants to get rid of one.

PM Me

Stoky44
03-12-2010, 12:31 PM
And seriously, why is this bobblehead the black uniform? What is this team's obsession with the black alternate? I realize that it might be possible that Peavy may not have even worn the home white jersey yet, but I really hate to see such an awesome jersey be underutilized while the black is being overused.

When I first saw the pic, I though oh man people are going to be pissed he is in the black uni, I was wondering how long it would take to get a comment.

CWS44
03-15-2010, 11:26 PM
I have a full season plan and received the Peavy bobblehead today.

DumpJerry
03-16-2010, 12:22 AM
I have a full season plan and received the Peavy bobblehead today.
So there is hope I'll be getting one......

soxfan21
03-16-2010, 01:58 AM
Got mine earlier today as well.

jabrch
03-16-2010, 02:00 AM
Mine came today. Sitting in box with a dozen or so others.

Soxfan 78
03-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Mine came today. Sitting in box with a dozen or so others.

Have any you want to part with???:smile:

jabrch
03-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Have any you want to part with???:smile:

I have all the Bobbles from the past 5 years. All sitting in a box in my basement.

Are these things worth anything?

Bruizer
03-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Mine arrived yesterday as well. I've got him facing the AJ bobblehead. :D:

Soxfan 78
03-16-2010, 02:07 PM
I have all the Bobbles from the past 5 years. All sitting in a box in my basement.

Are these things worth anything?

They are to me...lol ...I collect White Sox bobbles.

jabrch
03-16-2010, 02:43 PM
They are to me...lol ...I collect White Sox bobbles.

Where would one go to estimate the value of a box of bobbles? Ebay?

The only figurene I wouldn't sell is my World Series Trophy. As far as the rest, they are sitting in a box waiting for my little boy (3 years old) to be old enough to care.

ewokpelts
03-16-2010, 02:52 PM

Are these things worth anything?yes. especially the one sent to ST holders only(the ones you get with the rest of the giveaway were SGA at the cell, like thome and ozzie).

ewokpelts
03-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Where would one go to estimate the value of a box of bobbles? Ebay?

The only figurene I wouldn't sell is my World Series Trophy. As far as the rest, they are sitting in a box waiting for my little boy (3 years old) to be old enough to care.if you have the nellie fox, it's an easy $100 on ebay.

Soxfan 78
03-16-2010, 05:24 PM
yes. especially the one sent to ST holders only(the ones you get with the rest of the giveaway were SGA at the cell, like thome and ozzie).

Depends on the bobble and how bad someone wants to buy it. The most valuable ones I have found (or at least the most costly) are the ones given away at the White Sox fantasy camp prior to this year where there wasn't one, they only made 504 of each one except for Art Kusnyer, who was made in a really small batch the first year. World Series MVP Jermaine Dye is probably the one I've seen go for the most money, but it wasn't a giveaway, sold for $200.00. A Frank Thomas giveaway bobble could land you $20-$40. Fisk in the $20 range. I'm still looking for the Jose Valentin bobble from some years ago, only seen it one time, I've found about all the other ones that I'm aware of. Found a collectible shop in Geneva that has been selling some of the SGA's, I got the Hawk/DJ bobble for $24.00 there. When asked how they got it, they said a woman that works for the Sox has been bringing them in..lol.

Soxfan 78
03-16-2010, 05:28 PM
if you have the nellie fox, it's an easy $100 on ebay.

Again, depends on the buyer...I got my Nellie Fox for $23.00 plus shipping. There is one up right now, that ends tomorrow afternoon and still at $15.99, will prob go for $40-$50. I'm a bobble fanatic..lol...I just finished my World Series set yesterday...minus the MVP Dye which is near holy grail like status to the collectors I know of.

ewokpelts
03-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Depends on the bobble and how bad someone wants to buy it. The most valuable ones I have found (or at least the most costly) are the ones given away at the White Sox fantasy camp prior to this year where there wasn't one, they only made 504 of each one except for Art Kusnyer, who was made in a really small batch the first year. World Series MVP Jermaine Dye is probably the one I've seen go for the most money, but it wasn't a giveaway, sold for $200.00. A Frank Thomas giveaway bobble could land you $20-$40. Fisk in the $20 range. I'm still looking for the Jose Valentin bobble from some years ago, only seen it one time, I've found about all the other ones that I'm aware of. Found a collectible shop in Geneva that has been selling some of the SGA's, I got the Hawk/DJ bobble for $24.00 there. When asked how they got it, they said a woman that works for the Sox has been bringing them in..lol.i'm referrring to what he got from the sox in the mail

Soxfan 78
03-16-2010, 05:32 PM
i'm referrring to what he got from the sox in the mail
Sorry to drift a bit from the subject.
Peavy is going for a good amount right now, at least 5 of them are listed. The AJ bobble used to get more than it does now, the fact that they gave a ton of them away at Soxfest prob cut the demand down for him a bit.

Brian26
03-16-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm still looking for the Jose Valentin bobble from some years ago, only seen it one time, I've found about all the other ones that I'm aware of.

How much is the Valentin worth? I picked that up at Grandstand seven years ago.

Soxfan 78
03-16-2010, 08:28 PM

Not sure maybe as much as Magglio :scratch:, I paid $10.00 for mine at Grandstand, they sold alot of those SGA's there too. I think if they made that many that even the store had them, the production runs must have been pretty large.

grenda12
03-16-2010, 10:00 PM

Theres only been 1 other bobblehead thats been in the black uniform, and its Esteban Loaiza.

if you have the nellie fox, it's an easy $100 on ebay.

For what Ive been follow, only 2 have gone for $100+ and thats been since Decemeber. They usually go around $50.

Depends on the bobble and how bad someone wants to buy it. The most valuable ones I have found (or at least the most costly) are the ones given away at the White Sox fantasy camp prior to this year where there wasn't one, they only made 504 of each one except for Art Kusnyer, who was made in a really small batch the first year. World Series MVP Jermaine Dye is probably the one I've seen go for the most money, but it wasn't a giveaway, sold for $200.00. A Frank Thomas giveaway bobble could land you $20-$40. Fisk in the $20 range. I'm still looking for the Jose Valentin bobble from some years ago, only seen it one time, I've found about all the other ones that I'm aware of. Found a collectible shop in Geneva that has been selling some of the SGA's, I got the Hawk/DJ bobble for $24.00 there. When asked how they got it, they said a woman that works for the Sox has been bringing them in..lol.

The earlier fantasy camp ones go for about $80 (Kusnyer, Melton, Paciorek). The Dye MVP one is very sought after. There was just one on eBay last week that went for $196; which should have went higher. There were a couple Valentin's on eBay last month that brought $35.

I just finished my World Series set yesterday...minus the MVP Dye which is near holy grail like status to the collectors I know of.

I just finished my collection of the set this past week. I now have them all, including the MVP.

Between $30-$50 from what Ive seen on eBay.

ewokpelts
03-17-2010, 10:09 AM
How much is the Valentin worth? I picked that up at Grandstand seven years ago.was the valentin an ASG bobble? granstand has been trying to liquidate those for years.

ewokpelts
03-17-2010, 10:09 AM
they have the pacioreks at soxfest/garage sale a lot.

jabrch
03-17-2010, 10:24 AM
yes. especially the one sent to ST holders only(the ones you get with the rest of the giveaway were SGA at the cell, like thome and ozzie).

Anyplace you'd consider selling them other than EBay?

Would you bundle them, or do them as individuals?

ewokpelts
03-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Anyplace you'd consider selling them other than EBay?

Would you bundle them, or do them as individuals?well, selling is tricky.

you can do ebay, but they charge fees for selling and you have paypal fees on top of that.

you could do craigslist, but that can be tricky, as there is no buyer or seller protection.

you could try to sell them to a card store or othe rplace that would sell bobbleheads, but you may not like thier offer(stores buy to resell, so they make offers they can generate profit on. )

you could post here, but i would ask a mod(like fellow collector brian26) about wsi's pricing policy.

if you sell on ebay, i would recommend selling each bobble separately.
if you sell on craigslist, i recommend you be flexible. make a post with all bobbles pictured, and let prospective buyers make offers on all or individual bobbles.

if you try selling to a store. offer it as a lot. odds are that you'll get a better price on a lot as opposed to a single bobble.

feel free to contact me with questions or updates.

Soxfan 78
03-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Theres only been 1 other bobblehead thats been in the black uniform, and its Esteban Loaiza.

For what Ive been follow, only 2 have gone for $100+ and thats been since Decemeber. They usually go around $50.

The earlier fantasy camp ones go for about $80 (Kusnyer, Melton, Paciorek). The Dye MVP one is very sought after. There was just one on eBay last week that went for $196; which should have went higher. There were a couple Valentin's on eBay last month that brought $35.

I just finished my collection of the set this past week. I now have them all, including the MVP.

Between $30-$50 from what Ive seen on eBay.

Did you find the MVP Dye online or did you buy it at retail? I was one of the losing bidders on that Dye that sold for $196 last week :angry:

I have 4 of the fantasy camp giveaways..Missing Melton, Kusnyer and May.

I've also been hunting for a Baines bobble, not sure if it was a Fantasy Camp or stadium giveaway, anyone know for sure?

Soxfan 78
03-17-2010, 12:05 PM
was the valentin an ASG bobble? granstand has been trying to liquidate those for years.

I'm not positive but I would dare to say yes...It looks like the Fisk, Frank, Minoso and Maggs bobbles that they gave out in the early part of this decade.

When I go up for the Opener, I'm gonna have to check and see if they have any more of that one, I know they still have quite a few of the older bobbles like you stated, especially the Ordonez Pepsi SGA, they were doing all but giving those away last season.

ewokpelts
03-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Did you find the MVP Dye online or did you buy it at retail? I was one of the losing bidders on that Dye that sold for $196 last week :angry:

I've also been hunting for a Baines bobble, not sure if it was a Fantasy Camp or stadium giveaway, anyone know for sure?baines was an STH bobblehead

Soxfan 78
03-17-2010, 12:15 PM
baines was an STH bobblehead

Do you know which year they gave him out?

ewokpelts
03-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Do you know which year they gave him out?not sure. 04 or 05 possibly. mine is sitting in a box.

grenda12
03-17-2010, 05:29 PM

I've also been hunting for a Baines bobble, not sure if it was a Fantasy Camp or stadium giveaway, anyone know for sure?

I found the Dye online through eBay. I was the winning bidder.

The Baines bobble was a season ticket holder gift for 2003.

parlaycard
03-17-2010, 05:33 PM
they have the pacioreks at soxfest/garage sale a lot.

Not anymore they dont

parlaycard
03-17-2010, 05:40 PM
was the valentin an ASG bobble? granstand has been trying to liquidate those for years.

The Valentin bobblehead was made for an appearance that he did. I dont know if it was at Grandstand or not. Most of the ones you find were autographed. I wanted to get one that wasnt autographed, but the only ones Grandstand had at the time (2006) were signed.

Brian26
03-17-2010, 09:36 PM

No. I know which ones you are talking about. Those are the generic-looking Forever Collectibles bobbles from 2003. I think the set consisted of Bartolo Colon, Billy Koch, Buehrle, Konerko and Mags. The Valentin was an authentic AGP.

The Valentin bobblehead was made for an appearance that he did. I dont know if it was at Grandstand or not. Most of the ones you find were autographed. I wanted to get one that wasnt autographed, but the only ones Grandstand had at the time (2006) were signed.

I've attached a pic of the Valentin bobble.

ewokpelts
03-18-2010, 09:40 AM
I have a buehrle ASG that i got from mlb.com back in 04.
generic stadium base, and buehrle has an asg patch on his arm. i'm pretty sure that the ones grandstand have left are with ASG bases.

Chrisaway
03-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Does anybody collect Sox player bobbleheads from when they were on different teams? I just picked up 2002 Jermaine Dye and 2006 Frank Thomas A's SGA's. The Dye one looks excelent. Frank not so much.

http://tinypic.com/r/2rlymg8/5
http://i39.tinypic.com/21ltx74.jpg

sorry the pics are so huge

salty99
03-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Wow now that is truly brutal.

soltrain21
03-19-2010, 05:55 PM
He looks like a California Raisin.

parlaycard
03-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Just a few from the collection. Mostly minor league Sox players. Some from before the Sox acquired them.

Brian26
03-20-2010, 08:38 PM
I like the Baines' Appleton Foxes bobble.

ewokpelts
03-22-2010, 12:48 PM
talked to my rep. not all bobbles have been shipped out to STH account. if you dont get yours by the end of the month, let them know.

soxfanreggie
03-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Looks like some serious bidding on the STH Peavy bobbleheads on eBay. It will be interesting to see what they go for now vs a few months from now.

grenda12
03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Looks like some serious bidding on the STH Peavy bobbleheads on eBay. It will be interesting to see what they go for now vs a few months from now.

Seems like they have dropped off about half of what they first went for.

ewokpelts
03-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Seems like they have dropped off about half of what they first went for.
supply is meeting demand. as more bobbles get sent out to sth accounts, you'll se emor eposted on ebay. ESPECIALLY from ticket brokers who use the freebies to help subsidize thier packages.