PDA

View Full Version : Need Wrigley Parking help ASAP

MattSharp
06-15-2002, 10:07 AM
I am leaving in less than an hour and I have never driven to Wrigley. My cousin lives up there and he gave me some advice but I called to make sure and I can't get ahold of him. He mentioned something about some park, like with baseball fields maybe, I forget what it is called. He said its right off Lake Shore Drive just past Belmont. He said its not far from Wrigley and its free. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it easy to find? Is it right past Belmont? ANy other parking suggestions? Thanks....

Viva Magglio
06-15-2002, 10:10 AM
I'm afraid I don't know about that. Whenever I have the burden of going to Wrigley, I usually park downtown and take the Red Line (via State Street subway) to Addision. You'll have to pay more for the downtown parking, but it is more convenient than trying to park near Wrigley.

voodoochile
06-15-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I am leaving in less than an hour and I have never driven to Wrigley. My cousin lives up there and he gave me some advice but I called to make sure and I can't get ahold of him. He mentioned something about some park, like with baseball fields maybe, I forget what it is called. He said its right off Lake Shore Drive just past Belmont. He said its not far from Wrigley and its free. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it easy to find? Is it right past Belmont? ANy other parking suggestions? Thanks....

There are some metered lots just off of LSD just south of the Belmont exit (make a right handed u-turn at the bottom of the ramp) and off of an exit called "Recreation Drive" just north of Belmont exit. They both have meters and I don't know how long you can feed them for. A ticket would be $30 so it would be cheaper to use a lot ($20 roughly). Either of the lots is a good 3/4ths of a mile or more from Wrigley, FYI. Since you are going early, you might be able to find parking west of Ashland and walk in (about the same distance as the metered lots).

Have fun, GO SOX!!!

34rancher
06-15-2002, 12:15 PM
Take Irving park East until you get to Sheridan, turn left. The next three streets on the right are FREE parking, also one block west of sheridan is free too. Then take Sheridan south for approx 3.5 blocks, and you are at Wrigley Field,

LongDistanceFan
06-15-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
Take Irving park East until you get to Sheridan, turn left. The next three streets on the right are FREE parking, also one block west of sheridan is free too. Then take Sheridan south for approx 3.5 blocks, and you are at Wrigley Field, i used to hang out at the wild hare club........ right across street........ best bet is what 34 said or just pay the for the lot...... its cheaper in the long run