PDA

View Full Version : Viciedo goes to the Dark side

cws05champ
03-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Viciedo was yelled at by both KW and Ozzie after not hustling on a pop up in a B game. But that's not what's interesting. He just switched agents to Scott Boras 10 days ago, and now he's loafing!!!

Hopefully we can get some production from him in 2011/12 before his contract is up. I believe he will be arbitration eligible for two years after 2012....but not completely sure.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-white-sox-bits-mar08,0,7709531.story

tick53
03-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Scott Boros? No wonder he's in the doghouse with the boys. Who was it last year that KW was miffed at for being lax? Alexei comes to mind. :scratch:

Gavin
03-09-2010, 11:02 AM
what a bust

(so far)

spawn
03-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Scott Boros? No wonder he's in the doghouse with the boys. Who was it last year that KW was miffed at for being lax? Alexei comes to mind. :scratch:
I don't know about last year, but he made this same statement to Nick Swisher during ST 2 years ago.

TheOldRoman
03-09-2010, 11:35 AM
what a bust

(so far)That is ridiculous. He was in AA as a 19 year old, his first year in the country. He also showed improvement as the season went on. He wasn't a bust at all, and he isn't done yet. I don't think many rational people expected him to tear up the minors or make the big club at age 19 just because Alexei did the year before at age 26.

Rohan
03-09-2010, 11:40 AM
That is ridiculous. He was in AA as a 19 year old, his first year in the country. He also showed improvement as the season went on. He wasn't a bust at all, and he isn't done yet. I don't think many rational people expected him to tear up the minors or make the big club at age 19 just because Alexei did the year before at age 26.

I'd call him a bust just for switching to Boras as an agent.

dickallen15
03-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I just wonder why a guy who is making decent money for what he's accomplished is switching agents now when he isn't arb-eligible for at least 3 more years, and considering the agent, I wonder if his head isn't as swollen as his waistline.

DumpJerry
03-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Viciedo was yelled at by both KW and Ozzie after not hustling on a pop up in a B game. But that's not what's interesting. He just switched agents to Scott Boras 10 days ago, and now he's loafing!!!

Hopefully we can get some production from him in 2011/12 before his contract is up. I believe he will be arbitration eligible for two years after 2012....but not completely sure.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-white-sox-bits-mar08,0,7709531.story
The people from MLB Network were following Ozzie and Kenny yesterday for the reality show about the Sox. I'm wondering how much of this was just for the cameras?

Craig Grebeck
03-09-2010, 12:48 PM
The people from MLB Network were following Ozzie and Kenny yesterday for the reality show about the Sox. I'm wondering how much of this was just for the cameras?
Gah, that would be poor form.

SI1020
03-09-2010, 12:59 PM
The people from MLB Network were following Ozzie and Kenny yesterday for the reality show about the Sox. I'm wondering how much of this was just for the cameras? Another reason why reality shows positively revolt me. Nothing is natural anymore. I really hoped he yelled at him just because he felt that he deserved it.

spawn
03-09-2010, 01:02 PM
As I said earlier, he did the same thing to Swisher 2 years ago when cameras weren't rolling. I don't think this was for show at all. When I saw this yesterday, the Swisher incident was the first thing that came to my mind.

Bobby Thigpen
03-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Since when have Ozzie or Kenny done anything just for the cameras?

BadBobbyJenks
03-09-2010, 06:18 PM
what a bust

(so far)

Yeah why the **** is this 20 year old prospect not already splitting time with Konerko. An epic bust if you ask me!

Sam Spade
03-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Seems like the sox will negotiate with borass clients, so I don't really care.

SoxNation05
03-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Since when have Ozzie or Kenny done anything just for the cameras?

Maybr since they gotta show.... Regardless, Viciedo cannot tpuch the outer half of the plate.

Noneck
03-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Another reason why reality shows positively revolt me. Nothing is natural anymore. I really hoped he yelled at him just because he felt that he deserved it.

Give me Allen Funt and Candid Camera or give me nothing.

Gavin
03-14-2010, 11:51 AM
That is ridiculous. He was in AA as a 19 year old, his first year in the country. He also showed improvement as the season went on. He wasn't a bust at all, and he isn't done yet. I don't think many rational people expected him to tear up the minors or make the big club at age 19 just because Alexei did the year before at age 26.

http://www.southsidesox.com/2010/3/8/1363846/dayan-viciedo-is-not-doing-much-to