PDA

View Full Version : Sergio Santos

Madscout
03-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Has anyone seen any video on this guy? I heard he looks good in spring training and is another flame thrower, but I can't find video on him on MLB.com.

cws05champ
03-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Has anyone seen any video on this guy? I heard he looks good in spring training and is another flame thrower, but I can't find video on him on MLB.com.

If you can find video from the 1st ST game he pitched an inning. Wicked fastball 97/98 and his slider moves all over the place but he has no clue where it's going. He's a project, and unfortunately he's out of options.

TDog
03-08-2010, 07:54 PM

Does he look as good as Boone Logan did in spring training in 2006?

Craig Grebeck
03-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Hey! A dig at Boone Logan! Don't see that very often.

TDog
03-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Hey! A dig at Boone Logan! Don't see that very often.

That was more a dig at people who judge pitchers based on a few innings in spring training. There was a lot of love around here for Boone Logan before he pitched in a regular season major league game.

Craig Grebeck
03-08-2010, 08:13 PM
That was more a dig at people who judge pitchers based on a few innings in spring training. There was a lot of love around here for Boone Logan before he pitched in a regular season major league game.
Gotcha. Makes sense.

Corlose 15
03-08-2010, 08:31 PM
I think they've been pretty impressed with how far he's come in just the last year since he was switched over to pitching. Apparently his slider control has improved.

I think because of his potential and stuff, as well as the fact that he's out of options they'll give him a very long look this spring and maybe take a shot with him going into the season as that 6/7th guy if he makes it close. Especially if they'd rather have Hudson stretched out in AAA.

oeo
03-08-2010, 08:56 PM
I still think Logan is going to be a solid reliever. Lefties with big fastballs are not all over the map. He just needs to consistently harness his control, which he did in the first half of 2008 and was awesome because of it.

Lip Man 1
03-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Boone is a has been...check that, he never had a career to start with.

It's not his fastball in my opinion or his location...it's his mental capacity to withstand pressure at the big league level.

By his own public admission he had a mental breakdown on the mound in Tampa. He got rocked in a few appearances after the break in 2008 and what happened? He lost it again. Like Ozzie said when he publicly reamed him out, (paraphrasing) 'he's doing great, has a couple bad games and then he loses it completely? I need men to play this game...'

A major league relief pitcher with pressure issues is not a recipe for success.

He should never have been on the team in the first place but that was part of Kenny's mistake with the bullpen in 2007...hard throwers to be sure....but they couldn't consistently get the ball over the plate, they'd fall behind, serve up a straight fastball...and you know the rest.

Good luck Boone is whatever you decide to do after baseball.

Lip

Corlose 15
03-08-2010, 10:50 PM
How about we talk about Santos in this thread instead of a reliever who has nothing to do with him and hasn't been on the Sox since 2008?

Craig Grebeck
03-08-2010, 10:54 PM
God I can't wait until Boone figures it out and makes Lip look foolish.

DumpJerry
03-08-2010, 11:11 PM
How about putting your money where your mouth is and promise to not post until that happens?:tongue:

Tragg
03-08-2010, 11:15 PM
There's a time value of these prospects...you trade a prospect and 5 years later he has a good year - that needs to be discounted signficantly just like waiting 5 years for your money would be.

kittle42
03-09-2010, 12:34 AM

Yup. One of the bad side effects of no baseball for a long stretch is that people start getting mad/excited about small sample sizes in spring training.

Even worse is the gloom and doom (and I am one of your beloved "dark clouds") following a bullpen collapse in the first series of the year. Man that **** pisses me off.

oeo
03-09-2010, 01:48 AM
A major league relief pitcher with pressure issues is not a recipe for success.

It probably had a lot to do with them bringing him straight up from A-ball. But that's a fixable issue and something that you can learn. Boone has the talent, is still young, and his left-handed...he will get plenty more chances.

bigdommer
03-09-2010, 08:27 AM
If he's out of options and not a real fit for this roster, maybe a couple of good innings can net us a prospect in a trade. There's always a method to Kenny's madness.

TomBradley72
03-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the team as the 12th pitcher....if he doesn't pitch well, they release him...but he has alot of upside...and the 12th slot is pretty low risk.

voodoochile
03-09-2010, 09:28 AM
If he's out of options and not a real fit for this roster, maybe a couple of good innings can net us a prospect in a trade. There's always a method to Kenny's madness.

Not like he was in high demand. The Sox could try to slip him through waivers and see whether anyone claims him so he could get time in the minors. Odds are no one will because they'd then have to find a roster spot for him.

thedudeabides
03-09-2010, 10:14 AM
If you can find video from the 1st ST game he pitched an inning. Wicked fastball 97/98 and his slider moves all over the place but he has no clue where it's going. He's a project, and unfortunately he's out of options.

He's actually got pretty good command, he may need some more time, but he throws a lot of strikes.

He'll have to start throwing his breaking pitches earlier in the count. He throws hard, but his fastball is very straight and it will be sat on if he doesn't have confidence to throw his slider.

The last bullpen spot is going to be interesting. I also think Threets has a shot to make the team, if he continues to throw well.

cws05champ
03-09-2010, 10:31 AM
He's actually got pretty good command, he may need some more time, but he throws a lot of strikes.

He'll have to start throwing his breaking pitches earlier in the count. He throws hard, but his fastball is very straight and it will be sat on if he doesn't have confidence to throw his slider.

The last bullpen spot is going to be interesting. I also think Threets has a shot to make the team, if he continues to throw well.
He throws his fastball for strikes more, but that has been inconsistent as well. His slider moves so much he can not locate it with any consistency.

Take a look at the pitch location chart on the linked article:

http://futuresox.com/frontpage/2009/12/09/scouting-sergio-santos-with-pitchfx/

thedudeabides
03-09-2010, 10:51 AM
He throws his fastball for strikes more, but that has been inconsistent as well. His slider moves so much he can not locate it with any consistency.

Take a look at the pitch location chart on the linked article:

http://futuresox.com/frontpage/2009/12/09/scouting-sergio-santos-with-pitchfx/

I guess I should have been more specific in saying that he has suprisingly good command for how short of a time he's been pitching.

His slider missing the zone a lot is not surprising, as it is his wipeout pitch. When he's ahead in the count, it should be out of the strike zone.

He will need to locate his fastball better early in the count, or work on a get me over.

He's an interesting case right now, I think the Sox will give him every chance to make the team. He's just too big of an arm to expose.

cws05champ
03-09-2010, 11:01 AM
I guess I should have been more specific in saying that he has suprisingly good command for how short of a time he's been pitching.

His slider missing the zone a lot is not surprising, as it is his wipeout pitch. When he's ahead in the count, it should be out of the strike zone.

He will need to locate his fastball better early in the count, or work on a get me over.

He's an interesting case right now, I think the Sox will give him every chance to make the team. He's just too big of an arm to expose.
I agree with you...No doubt he is interesting, and a project. And unfortunately I'm not sure he sticks because he is out of options. His slider is his wipe out pitch (with a whiff rate over 36%) because everyone is sitting on the 98mph fastball.

Lets hope he can harness the command and stick. I'm sure there are teams like the Cubs and others that would claim him and stick him in there.

#1swisher
03-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Santos says, his main focus was to throw strikes.

http://scottmerkin.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/03/santos_doesnt_whiff_on_first_i.html

BringHomeDaBacon
03-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Rotoworld:

Mod edit: Do not reproduce copyrighted material. Post a link. You're new, so review this post (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2302435&postcount=2) for the rules.

canOcorn
03-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Rotoworld:

Mod edit: Do not reproduce copyrighted material. Post a link. You're new, so review this post (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2302435&postcount=2) for the rules.

There was little chance he made it through waivers before ST and now there's no chance. Either we keep him in Chicago or trade him.

Hopefully, we keep him in the long spot and let Hudson stay ready as a starter in Charlotte.

Mod edit: please do not quote posts which contain Code of Conduct violations.

DirtySox
03-11-2010, 10:21 PM
I've been moderately impressed with what I've seen so far. I don't think the fastball has tons of movement, but he can pump it up there. One of the White Sox twitter people mentioned that the radar guns had him routinely at 98. From the admittedly small sample size of his spring outings, it seems his slider control has improved. I haven't seen enough of his change to form much of an opinion, but he has elicited a few swing and misses out of it thus far.

JermaineDye05
03-11-2010, 10:56 PM
I've been moderately impressed with what I've seen so far. I don't think the fastball has tons of movement, but he can pump it up there. One of the White Sox twitter people mentioned that the radar guns had him routinely at 98. From the admittedly small sample size of his spring outings, it seems his slider control has improved. I haven't seen enough of his change to form much of an opinion, but he has elicited a few swing and misses out of it thus far.

He was downright filthy against the Angels.

Tragg
03-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Is there a background report on Sergio - such as what or who gave him the idea to start pitching? Sounds like an interesting story.
If he's got this kind of talent, we can carry a pitcher instead of an extra utility infielder.

Hitmen77
03-12-2010, 12:19 AM
There was little chance he made it through waivers before ST and now there's no chance. Either we keep him in Chicago or trade him.

Hopefully, we keep him in the long spot and let Hudson stay ready as a starter in Charlotte.

Ozzie says he wants Hudson to start the season as a starter in Charlotte:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0311-bits-white-sox-chicago-spring20100310,0,3855827.story

JermaineDye05
03-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Ozzie says he wants Hudson to start the season as a starter in Charlotte:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0311-bits-white-sox-chicago-spring20100310,0,3855827.story

I agree with him.

It'd be a waste to have Hudson sit in the bullpen. He'd most likely be a long guy and with this pitching staff, if all goes right, we won't need a long guy. If we did, we wouldn't have let go of Carrassco.

Let Hudson start in Charlotte and call him up if Freddy falters or if we need a spot start for a DH.

broker3d
03-12-2010, 02:06 PM
How does "he's out of options" work? If he makes the team but falters for the first 6 weeks or so, can we send him down or does he now need to clear waivers?

Hitmen77
03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
How does "he's out of options" work? If he makes the team but falters for the first 6 weeks or so, can we send him down or does he now need to clear waivers?

Also, how does someone use up all their options if they haven't played in the majors (unless Santos has played in the majors, that is). I thought the options got used up only if a player got called up to the majors and then sent down.

cws05champ
03-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Also, how does someone use up all their options if they haven't played in the majors (unless Santos has played in the majors, that is). I thought the options got used up only if a player got called up to the majors and then sent down.

Per wiki:

If a player is on the 40-man roster and not the active 25 man roster for any part of more than three seasons (in which he spent 20 or more total days of service in the minors), he is out of options and may not be assigned to the minors without first clearing waivers

SBSoxFan
03-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Per wiki:If a player is on the 40-man roster and not the active 25 man roster for any part of more than three seasons (in which he spent 20 or more total days of service in the minors), he is out of options and may not be assigned to the minors without first clearing waivers

It's a shame this still applies if you switch positions. But I guess teams would end up using it as a loophole.

TheVulture
03-12-2010, 09:56 PM

Nah - he's right. If you don't have success in the big leagues by 24, forget about it. A total 'never-was.'

balke
03-30-2010, 09:38 AM
So how good is Santos so far? I haven't been able to see him so far. Is there anyone he'd be worth keeping over? Is be better than Randy Williams? P.S. is he likely to make it with a 12 pitcher roster?

salty99
03-30-2010, 10:25 AM
So how good is Santos so far? I haven't been able to see him so far. Is there anyone he'd be worth keeping over? Is be better than Randy Williams? P.S. is he likely to make it with a 12 pitcher roster?

99% sure that Williams and Santos will both be on the roster.

DirtySox
03-30-2010, 12:05 PM

It's not really a question if he's better than the other members of the bullpen. The kid has a great arm, and his secondary pitches (slider, changeup) are very good and much further along than one would expect. If he can improve his command he could ultimately be a great setup man/closer. It's all about his potential.

Tragg
03-30-2010, 12:08 PM
It's not really a question if he's better than the other members of the bullpen. The kid has a great arm, and his secondary pitches (slider, changeup) are very good and much further along than one would expect. If he can improve his command he could ultimately be a great setup man/closer. It's all about his potential.
We have to keep him.
It's too bad we can't give him work several days a week to accelerate his development, but we can't, given the circumstances.

Sockinchisox
03-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Santos had made the team.

http://twitter.com/MDGonzales/status/11316913508

spawn
03-30-2010, 12:46 PM

He earned it.

WhiteSox5187
03-30-2010, 01:37 PM

There are a ton of guys who have the stuff but don't have the mental make up. I like Logan and hope he can figure it out, but personally I think he just can't handle it. And this is one of those instances where we probably brought him up way too soon and ruined him. A good pitcher needs to get rocked a bit in order to handle...oh my god I'm blanking on the word, well, I'll say tough times, and I don't think Logan got rocked enough.

EDIT On looking at the numbers, it's not as if he was lights out in the minors. I think he has the stuff, but I don't think he can just bounce back from a rough outing.

LoveYourSuit
03-30-2010, 01:41 PM

Aquino sent to the minors also, which means Nix made this team.:rolleyes:

DonnieDarko
03-30-2010, 01:45 PM
There are a ton of guys who have the stuff but don't have the mental make up. I like Logan and hope he can figure it out, but personally I think he just can't handle it. And this is one of those instances where we probably brought him up way too soon and ruined him. A good pitcher needs to get rocked a bit in order to handle...oh my god I'm blanking on the word, well, I'll say tough times, and I don't think Logan got rocked enough.

EDIT On looking at the numbers, it's not as if he was lights out in the minors. I think he has the stuff, but I don't think he can just bounce back from a rough outing.

This is also what I'm worried about. His stuff is quite obviously there, he just need some better command. I'm not sure at all about his mental makeup, so I suppose that we'll just have to see what happens as the season goes on. What really blows is that we won't be able to send him down to the minors anymore if we want him to get some extra work, either. All of his learning is going to have to be done in a trial-by-fire fashion. Frankly, I can't say I'm very keen on that. Then again, what choice do we have with Santos?

Argh. I just wish I knew what to expect out of the kid. :|

EDIT: So Nix made the team? Good. I've been waiting on hearing that for awhile.

Carolina Kenny
03-30-2010, 02:14 PM
This is also what I'm worried about. His stuff is quite obviously there, he just need some better command. I'm not sure at all about his mental makeup, so I suppose that we'll just have to see what happens as the season goes on. What really blows is that we won't be able to send him down to the minors anymore if we want him to get some extra work, either. All of his learning is going to have to be done in a trial-by-fire fashion. Frankly, I can't say I'm very keen on that. Then again, what choice do we have with Santos?

Argh. I just wish I knew what to expect out of the kid. :|

EDIT: So Nix made the team? Good. I've been waiting on hearing that for awhile.

Nix has made the team. That's four outfielders. Can Nix play OF in a emergency, or maybe Omar?

Carolina Kenny
03-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Sorry, I forgot about Kotsay can play the OF

GAsoxfan
03-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Nix has made the team. That's four outfielders. Can Nix play OF in a emergency, or maybe Omar?

Nix and Kotsay can both play OF.

Chez
03-30-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm skeptical about Santos' ability to succeed in 2010 at the major league level. Yes, he throws hard. But his command seems shaky at best. Santos should be learning to pitch in the minors, not out of the back-end of a major league bullpen. I guess since he's out of options, the Sox weren't willing to lose a power arm. With Linebrink continuing to struggle and Randy Williams, well, Randy Williams, our bullpen seems kind of short.

veeter
03-30-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm skeptical about Santos' ability to succeed in 2010 at the major league level. Yes, he throws hard. But his command seems shaky at best. Santos should be learning to pitch in the minors, not out of the back-end of a major league bullpen. I guess since he's out of options, the Sox weren't willing to lose a power arm. With Linebrink continuing to struggle and Randy Williams, well, Randy Williams, our bullpen seems kind of short.I think the Sox really believe in Santos. If he threw with his left hand, he'd be no worse than Linebrink. Linebrink has officially joined, Jaime Navarro, Rick White and Armando Rios as my most hated Sox of all time. I'm optimistic Santos will hold his own.

Lip Man 1
03-30-2010, 02:51 PM
I can certainly understand being out of options an issue but for God's sake we're talking about a mediocre back up infielder in Nix.

If the Sox lose him who cares? Reminds me of the justification for keeping Nick Masset around. LOL.

Bet a dollar to a donut someone better will get cut from some team this week if the Sox are that desperate for another back up infielder.

Nix should not be on this team.

I'll willing to give Santos the benefit of the doubt right now because no one knows for sure what the Sox may or may not have.

Lip

LoveYourSuit
03-30-2010, 02:52 PM
I think the Sox really believe in Santos. If he threw with his left hand, he'd be no worse than Linebrink. Linebrink has officially joined, Jaime Navarro, Rick White and Armando Rios as my most hated Sox of all time. I'm optimistic Santos will hold his own.

Because of the size of the contracts and how they handcuff the team, Navarro and Linebrink might be the worst Sox signings in my lifetime.

Alex Rios - TBD (let's hope for the best).

Chez
03-30-2010, 02:54 PM
I can certainly understand being out of options an issue but for God's sake we're talking about a mediocre back up infielder in Nix.

If the Sox lose him who cares? Reminds me of the justification for keeping Nick Masset around. LOL.

Bet a dollar to a donut someone better will get cut from some team this week if the Sox are that desperate for another back up infielder.

I'll willing to give Santos the benefit of the doubt right now because no one knows for sure what the Sox may or may not have.

Lip

Is it the strikeouts or errors which you find more infuriating about Nix?

veeter
03-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Is it the strikeouts or errors which you find more infuriating about Nix?Exactly. What do they see in that guy?

LoveYourSuit
03-30-2010, 02:59 PM

Lip

It's a bad message to send other guys down in the farm who bust their ass and don't make the squad. You keep Nix because he's out of options? *** crock of **** is that. Cut him. Take an extra OF instead or another pitcher.

The Sox just continue to hold on to useless assets year in and year out. It's amazing D Wise was cut lose.

veeter
03-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Because of the size of the contracts and how they handcuff the team, Navarro and Linebrink might be the worst Sox signings in my lifetime.

Alex Rios - TBD (let's hope for the best).Well, at the very least, and I hate cub fans equating Rios to Soriano, Alex is a VERY good outfielder. Navarro, Linebrink and Soriano suck at everything. I truly think Rios is going to be a bright spot this season.

WhiteSox5187
03-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Is it the strikeouts or errors which you find more infuriating about Nix?

I have no logical reason why, but I kind of like Nix. He seems to have a bit of pop off the bat.

DirtySox
03-30-2010, 03:21 PM
It's a bad message to send other guys down in the farm who bust their ass and don't make the squad. You keep Nix because he's out of options? *** crock of **** is that. Cut him. Take an extra OF instead or another pitcher.

The Sox just continue to hold on to useless assets year in and year out. It's amazing D Wise was cut lose.

They clearly wanted another IF. It was either him or Lillibridge. There is nothing else on the farm. (CJ still needs reps) If you want to make your case for Brent instead, be my guest. All this Nix belly-aching is hilarious. It should be an afterthought. They didn't sign him to a 3 year deal or anything. There are bigger things to worry about. (See the offense.)

wilburaga
03-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Is anyone else concerned about long relief? Nobody in our bullpen pitched more than two innings in any game last year. Granted our first four shouldn't have too many early exits, but Freddy is clearly a question mark. Should our starter get strafed, it may take four relievers to finish the game, and they would then be useless for a couple of days. Or Ozzie, not wanting to deplete his pen, might leave the beleaguered starter out there to take his lumps.

I think the Santos thing experiment is a great story, and I'm all for it, but I'd be a lot more comfortable with D.J. Carrasco in the pen instead of Randy Williams.

W

LoveYourSuit
03-30-2010, 03:38 PM
They clearly wanted another IF. It was either him or Lillibridge. There is nothing else on the farm. (CJ still needs reps) If you want to make your case for Brent instead, be my guest. All this Nix belly-aching is hilarious. It should be an afterthought. They didn't sign him to a 3 year deal or anything. There are bigger things to worry about. (See the offense.)

I agree he's the 25th man on the Roster and the team has bigger issues, but to me it's upsetting that we always have to carry a guy on this roster who brings nothing of quality to the team. Nix, other than that occasional pop, brings nothing else.

Sadly, bring me Brent over Nix. Brent can run and play the OF in need be.

DirtySox
03-30-2010, 03:46 PM
I agree he's the 25th man on the Roster and the team has bigger issues, but to me it's upsetting that we always have to carry a guy on this roster who brings nothing of quality to the team. Nix, other than that occasional pop, brings nothing else.

A feasible argument. Both guys strike out too much, but Nix has pop and can hit lefties decently. I don't think Ozzie is happy with either of them. Oney has been very anti-Nix in his tweets, which is very likely an extension of Ozzie's feelings. Lillibridge is the better defender, though I'm not sure by how much. I wouldn't be surprised if Nix is supplanted by CJ at some point this year.

Chez
03-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Is anyone else concerned about long relief? Nobody in our bullpen pitched more than two innings in any game last year. Granted our first four shouldn't have too many early exits, but Freddy is clearly a question mark. Should our starter get strafed, it may take four relievers to finish the game, and they would then be useless for a couple of days. Or Ozzie, not wanting to deplete his pen, might leave the beleaguered starter out there to take his lumps.

I think the Santos thing experiment is a great story, and I'm all for it, but I'd be a lot more comfortable with D.J. Carrasco in the pen instead of Randy Williams.

W

Exactly. Hindsight is 20/20, but I'd feel a lot better about our bullpen if D.J. Carrasco was still part of it. It goes back to the point I originally was trying to make, unless Linebrink bounces back, our bullpen has three members I don't trust. Tony Pena better be prepared to pitch every day!

VMSNS
03-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Based on what I've seen this Spring, Nix looks worse than he did last year. Not sure what the Sox see in him that's so great, besides some decent power.

I'm glad Santos made the team. Hopefully things work out for him. I still wish we had DJ or Dotel, though.

Tragg
03-30-2010, 04:59 PM

I'm just happy that Nix isn't in Ozzie's DH rotation.

I wonder if DeWayne Wise made the Phillies' roster..

BadBobbyJenks
03-30-2010, 05:50 PM
I was rooting for Huddy to be the long man/6th starter.

mzh
03-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Honestly I don't know why we are griping about Nix when there really are no better options. Randy Williams, on the other hand, is our designated LOOGY who was out of baseball for 4 years with a 5.92 ERA when Joe Beimel, a proven solid lefty, and Kiko Calero, despite being a righty, still had an ERA of 2.60 against lefties last year and is a consistently solid reliever both signed minor league deals within the last month. Why wouldn't we want either of them instead of Williams? That's what I'd like to ask KW

cws05champ
03-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Honestly I don't know why we are griping about Nix when there really are no better options. Randy Williams, on the other hand, is our designated LOOGY who was out of baseball for 4 years with a 5.92 ERA when Joe Beimel, a proven solid lefty, and Kiko Calero, despite being a righty, still had an ERA of 2.60 against lefties last year and is a consistently solid reliever both signed minor league deals within the last month. Why wouldn't we want either of them instead of Williams? That's what I'd like to ask KW
I agree, but Williams has been pretty lights out this spring and looked much better than in the past. We'll see once the lights go on, but I feel better about Williams than I had in the past.

russ99
03-30-2010, 07:20 PM

Williams did a decent job for us. It's sometimes better to go with what you know than bring on a FA has-been reliever.

I have little worries about the pen since we have 5 guys expected to go 6 strong every night.

Nix seems to continue to ride on inflated minor league numbers, but I can't whine about the 25th guy who might see occasional Sunday duty. I was pulling for De Aza and (less) for Lillibridge for speed and defense off the bench as Vizquel, Kotsay and Castro aren't going to pinch run for anyone.

tick53
03-31-2010, 11:23 AM

I heard Melton slip up one night and call him Bone Loogan. :D: He also one time called Kyle Farnsworth, Karl Finesworth. Oh, Meltie!

I like the Santos thing.

Mohoney
04-02-2010, 02:52 PM

Jayson Nix hit pretty well against LHP last year (.256/.326/.496). I think he deserves a chance to prove that those numbers weren't a fluke. I would rather have a decent bat off the bench than Lillibridge's worthlessness.

mzh
04-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Jayson Nix hit pretty well against LHP last year (.256/.326/.496). I think he deserves a chance to prove that those numbers weren't a fluke. I would rather have a decent bat off the bench than Lillibridge's worthlessness.
Yes, especially since Teahen has always struggled against lefties. Nix has played third a lot in the spring, I think we're going to see a little bit of a platoon here.