PDA

View Full Version : Give the WS Title back to the Yanks...

jabrch
03-04-2010, 04:33 PM
http://www.yankeesmtom.com/2010/03/yankees-sign-van-benschoten.html

Really?

I know this happens all the time - guys like this dude get signed, and never see an inning in the majors - but really? Do they have nothign better to do with money and organizational spots than this?

hi im skot
03-04-2010, 04:36 PM
It's apparently noteworthy enough to dedicate an entire thread to it.

:?:

DumpJerry
03-04-2010, 04:47 PM
It's apparently noteworthy enough to dedicate an entire thread to it.

:?:
I'm trying to figure the title since I have a vague recollection that the Yankees did indeed win the World Series in 2009 and there have been no World Series played since then to cause the Yanks to no longer have the title.

jabrch
03-04-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm trying to figure the title since I have a vague recollection that the Yankees did indeed win the World Series in 2009 and there have been no World Series played since then to cause the Yanks to no longer have the title.

It's a new title every year, isn't it? I just love seeing names like this kid who just hang around on potential. I don't think he's ever done ANYTHING good - ever - in pro ball. And teams still take up roster spots with him... we tried last year.....

Craig Grebeck
03-04-2010, 04:57 PM
It's a new title every year, isn't it? I just love seeing names like this kid who just hang around on potential. I don't think he's ever done ANYTHING good - ever - in pro ball. And teams still take up roster spots with him... we tried last year.....
Teams need filler.

DSpivack
03-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Too bad for Michael Scott, he'll have to see a crappy pitcher in Scranton.

Huisj
03-05-2010, 04:32 PM

Well, he did good enough to go 11-4 with good numbers in A ball his first full year, but since then, his minor league numbers were pretty mediocre at best. Majors, yes, awful. I think he had labrum issues at some point.

What's crazy to me is that he hit .440 with 31 homers at Kent State his junior year. :o:

sullythered
03-05-2010, 05:23 PM
They have to fill spots on these minor league teams. It's either an actual big time prospect, or a dude like this guy.

jabrch
03-05-2010, 11:21 PM
They have to fill spots on these minor league teams. It's either an actual big time prospect, or a dude like this guy.

I understand - it just surprises me that turds like this guy keep getting signed.

WhiteSoxFan84
03-06-2010, 12:50 AM
I understand - it just surprises me that turds like this guy keep getting signed.

Did he steal your girlfriend or something? If not, I got two words for ya!....

:whocares

TheVulture
03-06-2010, 05:15 PM
What's crazy to me is that he hit .440 with 31 homers at Kent State his junior year. :o:

Maybe the Yanks are looking to ankiel him?

SoxNation05
03-07-2010, 01:20 AM
I like how he is referred to as one of the worst players of all time.

Foulke You
03-08-2010, 01:37 PM
I like how he is referred to as one of the worst players of all time.
I noticed that too. There is no doubt that Justin is a huge bust as a prospect but what is the criteria for "worst player ever"? The guy only played in 90 MLB games which isn't even a full season. It's almost like saying Joe Borchard was the worst power hitter ever to play the game.